JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Heard from multiple sources now that over the last month, two to three dozen employees have been laid off at PXG with more possibly coming in the near future.

Hate hearing about people losing their jobs but hopefully they land on their feet somewhere quicky.

Ruh roh....

I hate to see that but it really doesn't surprise me. It's more surprising that PXG has lasted this long IMO.

Sad news and I hope those people find work quickly but its not surprising. PXG's business model really isnt sustainable.

That’s really unfortunate. I wonder if PXG is going to survive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang Sorry to hear that

I sure feel terrible for the people who lost their jobs and hope they land on their feet quickly. The business model always seemed suspect.

Any word on where the employees are located in the company? Fitters, business, marketing, etc?

How many people possibly worked there? I would assume 2-3 dozen is a large chunk of their workforce. I'm guessing the TM lawsuit also cost a good chunk of change as well.

That sucks. It’s such a competitive landscape and even the big guys are scrapping for market share. Gotta get some big wins posted though for the sake of the brand.

That sucks for those that were laid off. Agreed business model doesn’t make much sense. I play PXG but I gotta say a lot of companies making clubs as nice or better. I like them cause their big forged shovels. I think they polarize themselves in the market. It was hard for me to get one of their clubs in my hand

Companies make layoffs for multiple reasons I don’t read much into this. I think even if the brand goes away (not saying it will) it has change the equipment landscape.

Wish I saw all golf companies corporate “restructuring” reported the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stinks about people losing their jobs especially around this time of year. Hopefully better fortunes find their way to them.

It is rough for those folks. PXG seems to have an immense overhead related to their market share. We’ll see if the start getting rid of tour staff.

hate hearing people lose their jobs. Curious if PXG opened a door that the big boy OEMS didn't know was there and have since crashed through.

It is rough for those folks. PXG seems to have an immense overhead related to their market share. We’ll see if the start getting rid of tour staff.

For the amount of pros across a few leagues, it seems they put some money out there.

I wonder if they get absorbed by another big player.

How many people possibly worked there? I would assume 2-3 dozen is a large chunk of their workforce. I'm guessing the TM lawsuit also cost a good chunk of change as well.
I was wondering that too

Very tough to read. Hope the employees (and their families) are able to get through this. Felt TXG had done a good job releasing an iron set to a more moderate price point. Locally a few people I know gamed their irons for a couple years but most have moved on (to Callaway and Titleist fwiw).

Sucks to hear that, they weren’t my cup of tea but don’t wish that on anyone. Hopefully everyone lands on their feet

The idea that Bob is cutting bait on PXG bums me out. He said he didn't plan to make money on this venture, but I wonder if it's reached a point of unsustainability.

That sucks. It’s such a competitive landscape and even the big guys are scrapping for market share. Gotta get some big wins posted though for the sake of the brand.
Agreed, and a little off-topic, but it's one of the reasons I question a "comeback" from a company like Lynx. I could be wrong, but I would think a company like PXG would have a much stronger foothold on the market share than Lynx (without an extremely brilliant plan) could even hope to muster over the next couple of years. The golf industry is going to be interesting to watch over the next few years, for sure (that's really nothing new, though).

Rough go there. Hope they are able to find employment in the industry

First signs of the super high end market skidding to a stop? Hmmmm

Back