59A6F4DF-8AF2-4AB6-AC41-EE8F70F22DE9.jpeg
Very smoke and mirrors with the response...

I just can't figure out the "not so" part. He confirmed our entire news in the single tweet.
Maybe the "not so" is that more layoffs are coming?

Maybe the "not so" is that more layoffs are coming?

We didn't say more are coming. We said more are possibly coming. Standing by that too, based on who we have spoken with.

Bob Parsons.....not so...is in response to laying off dozens. They didn't. They fired 26 and hired/hiring 41. PXG has been a blessing for every other US brand. They came out and pushed the price point up. Almost immediately everyone else inched their prices up. PXG isn't a brand that caters to a THPer...PXG caters to the high end private club player. Recently I visited Caves Valley in the DC area....Had my bag taken to the range as I arrived. When I got to the range....Virtually every bag was full of PXG clubs...Like 12 out of 14...A big part of the PXG branding is status....The best view to Parsons business model isn't a view toward US brands. Look at the Japanese brands. Heck PXG's are cheap compared to some of the Japanese products. PXG is here to stay.

Why does he use Dr in his name? It was an honorary degree
That drives me crazy when people abuse the honorary degrees. They know they aren’t real right?

Bob Parsons.....not so...is in response to laying off dozens. They didn't. They fired 26 and hired/hiring 41.

Actually Parsons didn't say that.
We stand by our tweet as fact.
And if people would like to play semantics on the wording, they can check out the jobs that are being hired for, there are currently 26 open with a few not being full time.

We didn't say more are coming. We said more are possibly coming. Standing by that too, based on who we have spoken with.
Ha, you could be a good lawyer. Coming from a lawyer, that is a compliment. :LOL:

Why does he use Dr in his name? It was an honorary degree
Based on his phrasing, I am pretty sure he is an honorary lawyer....

Actually Parsons didn't say that.
We stand by our tweet as fact.
And if people would like to play semantics on the wording, they can check out the jobs that are being hired for, there are currently 26 open with a few not being full time.

I have always lived by the rule that you never believe accusations until they have been formally denied. Bob is trying to play the spin game.

This is all even more fascinating now. And all about a brand I couldn't care less about. So they have that going for them. Which is nice.

This is all even more fascinating now. And all about a brand I couldn't care less about. So they have that going for them. Which is nice.

I just want to thank you for saying couldn't care less. Totally off the subject, but that's one of my biggest pet peeves when people say could care less.

Bob Parsons weighs in. He confirms more than two dozen were laid off.
Still not sure about the "No so", part, since he confirms exactly what we said, but if that helps the spin, I am all for it.

I guess the way I read it was they hired a bunch of people to help open new stores and they either weren't what they were really looking for as part of the post-restructuring organization, or were temps from the word go.

Do you really consider the people who stop working for you on 27 December layoffs? Or merely a return to the norm after the holidays?

I guess the way I read it was they hired a bunch of people to help open new stores and they either weren't what they were really looking for as part of the post-restructuring organization, or were temps from the word go.

Do you really consider the people who stop working for you on 27 December layoffs? Or merely a return to the norm after the holidays?

I can assure you that is not what happened. There were people in all areas of the company from R&D to Marketing that are no longer there now.

I can assure you that is not what happened. There were people in all areas of the company from R&D to Marketing that are no longer there now.
Which isn't out of line with his explanation of restructuring, and also potentially fits with the idea of hiring 41 people. After all, I could cut 26 from R&D, marketing, etc. and hire 41 fitters and retail liaisons and demo day guys and call it restructuring, though I can't say that necessarily fits a long-term sustainable business model. What do I know, I'm not a doctor.

I'm enjoying following along here.

Which isn't out of line with his explanation of restructuring, and also potentially fits with the idea of hiring 41 people. After all, I could cut 26 from R&D, marketing, etc. and hire 41 fitters and retail liaisons and demo day guys and call it restructuring, though I can't say that necessarily fits a long-term sustainable business model. What do I know, I'm not a doctor.

Absolutely. I was responding to this part. I assumed you were saying that the people let go were recent hires or temps from the beginning that didn't make the cut.

So glad for Giphys

Instead of writing about what your "sources" are telling you about PXG why don't you just call Bob up and get it from him?(maybe he'll tell you or maybe its none of your business ) The glee here from 26 people who unfortunately were fired is astounding. PXG is this, PXG is that...blah blah blah. Get over it.

Instead of writing about what your "sources" are telling you about PXG why don't you just call Bob up and get it from him?(maybe he'll tell you or maybe its none of your business ) The glee here from 26 people who unfortunately were fired is astounding. PXG is this, PXG is that...blah blah blah. Get over it.
Isn’t the point of a forum to....wait for it....talk about things and have opinions?

Except that is not what happened. There is no glee and it has been said over and over in this thread, including the very first post.

If you don’t like that it was reported, that’s fine, but it is news and we believe news should be told as long as its factual. Just as we did with Adams, TaylorMade, Hogan, Matrix and many others.

Conversation and dialogue is good. Understanding what and why that surrounds an industry THPers have a passion for is okay to talk about.

I don't see anyone in here happy about it.

Back