JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fairly new to already see a huge slash like this in the current market.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 9.39.45 AM.png

Wow....I wonder what is going on....maybe another release?

I really do not understand this company at all...

I'd slash my prices if my drivers looked that awful too.

whats even more weird is there are times they have "call in"specials separately from the advertised price. I got my Gen4 driver for $329 a month ago

but overall I have no idea whats up with the pricing structure

They must really not be selling well, I have maybe seen PXG clubs in someone's bag once or twice in the past 1-2 years. I think this is them realizing they need to position themselves better in the market since they were not competitive before.

That's going to annoy a few people...

Woah. New release or horrific sales?

I also got my gen 4 for about $320 shipped week of the pga. It’s been considerably better than i ever imagined. I bought gen 2 irons a while ago mostly because they cost less AND had no shipping delays.

that said, i agree with many who have issues with how they run things.

edit: the driver is a bit distracting but i got over that quickly and it’s much nicer in person versus in photos.

They get recognition.....How they price is their deal. Cheaper is better, always...

Remember when Bob came out saying he would never discount? :oops:

The irons, wedges and putters have always looked good.. The big clubs haven't done it for me.

They get recognition.....How they price is their deal. Cheaper is better, always...

That honestly depends. For years TaylorMade got knocked for lowering prices 6 months after release.
It is also hard to tell the early adopter or full paying customer that a club is worth it, if it gets discounted so shortly after release.
In the end its up to the golfer on what they like and buy, but when something gets slashed quickly, its hard to get the full price buyer in the long haul.

The best thing PXG did was become a DTC company. Retailers would be pissed right right now if they had stock on shelves they had to walk out and slash prices on.

Driving sales, most likely margin is still good enough to justify the discount in the hopes they add something full price to the order because they are saving something elsewhere

This is where new drivers should be priced by all OEM’s.

I also got my gen 4 for about $320 shipped week of the pga. It’s been considerably better than i ever imagined. I bought gen 2 irons a while ago mostly because they cost less AND had no shipping delays.

that said, i agree with many who have issues with how they run things.

edit: the driver is a bit distracting but i got over that quickly and it’s much nicer in person versus in photos.
I got fit for the Proto driver last year and it was better than any club ive ever hit before. With the Gen4 im even more surprised at the performance of it and how much of an upgrade it is

Never owned a PXG club before this past September but I gotta say im very impressed with everything ive tried from them

Would I pay the outrageous prices 3 years ago for their clubs?? No.... but IMO the clubs are just as good as anything out there. and now with 2 drivers from them that I bought for $320 each id say the price is well worth it vs the big OEM stuff at $450 - $550

That honestly depends. For years TaylorMade got knocked for lowering prices 6 months after release.
It is also hard to tell the early adopter or full paying customer that a club is worth it, if it gets discounted so shortly after release.
In the end its up to the golfer on what they like and buy, but when something gets slashed quickly, its hard to get the full price buyer in the long haul.
Somewhat agree. I do like the pitch of Hero pricing for all based on surviving the pandemic.

It's all about Bob ... that's all you need to know.
I think you’re right. And while the clubs i have perform for me at a price that worked and were delivered fast I’m not loyal to the company. Bob and his wife are an issue for me.

I think you’re right. And while the clubs i have perform for me at a price that worked and were delivered fast I’m not loyal to the company. Bob and his wife are an issue for me.

Bob seems all over the map. An extreme entrepreneur and they have tendencies. We are just along for the ride.

I still have yet to see a PXG club out in the wild…maybe the price drop will finally get PXG clubs into golfer’s bags.

Back