Had never been to their website. What a flipping disasterous mess. GoDaddy founder, huh? :confused::unsure:
How many models do they have?!
I gave up. I left. :ROFLMAO:

Ugly clubs. All the way from driver to putter.
Ugly ? I think this is one of the best looking irons out there right now.
DCE0EBC5-DB4D-4008-A5F0-87A928407C65.jpeg

I don't care for the screws, either. Fortunately, the 0211's don't have the screws. Personally, I think it's a very nice looking iron. At $99 a club, I'd give them a serious look if I were in the market.

View attachment 8955128
I saw these in Troy's bag this past weekend and they are great looking clubs. These would be the only one's I would consider...no screws for me

I saw these in Troy's bag this past weekend and they are great looking clubs. These would be the only one's I would consider...no screws for me
I just purchased a set of 0311Ps. Definitely did not purchase based on looks, well, from the back. I did like the look at address, with the chamfered topline and the relatively small head, despite not getting the 0311T. (I'm a 10 handicap and those Ts while forgiving are pretty small too my eye for my comfort level.)

The back is a little too much for me, but it has grown on me and in hand it is hard to deny they are good quality and made to exacting specs. The milling is quite attractive. I wish you could get the screws in the same satin nickel finish as the head but, that would be anti-pxg since it doesn't scream "PXG!"

But I purchased them for what I hope they will give me. Higher launch than my FTs, some more RPMs in spin than my gamers and pretty similar distance and similar buttery feel. And they look really good at address like I mentioned.

I'm also hoping that the gapping between the irons and wedges is more consistent.

Here they are next to my FTs, ready for a head to head test. I definitely prefer the cleaner look of the FTs but can live with how the PXG look if they'll let me hold more greens. (To be honest I'm really being nitpicky and trying to purchase a better game. Currently my approach handicap according to Arccos is a 3.4. I should probably be spending money on putting lessons and how to read greens better since that's where I truly suck. But, you guys know how it is right?)
d3083e5d5229a4ae359f9f62788e570f.jpg

@Cinco....

Thanks for sharing. How do you like soles on them so far? Especially in the short irons.

Replied in the other thread...here

I'm a fan of the irons, looks for sure. Wish they were forged.

I hit the 0211 during a fitting and they were nice. They really reminded me of the i25s I played - shape and progression was very similar. Makes sense, as I believe the designers came from Ping.

Only PXG experience I have is with my 3 wood, so can't speak to the irons. But the 3 wood is by far the best fairway wood I have ever hit. Got it used at a great price, so even with the performance, I'm not sure I could justify spending $500 or whatever retail price is. However, it's a fantastic club. If the irons are just as good, then they're incredible.

Only PXG experience I have is with my 3 wood, so can't speak to the irons. But the 3 wood is by far the best fairway wood I have ever hit. Got it used at a great price, so even with the performance, I'm not sure I could justify spending $500 or whatever retail price is. However, it's a fantastic club. If the irons are just as good, then they're incredible.
retail is like 225 these days. The price per club argument doesnt hold water anymore.
Now their 100% milled irons are expensive, but not compared to some other luxury brands.

retail is like 225 these days. The price per club argument doesnt hold water anymore.
Now their 100% milled irons are expensive, but not compared to some other luxury brands.

Ahh, didn't know they were all market down now. At that price, I'd recommend anyone grab it. PXG irons still out of my price range, but might have to start looking at the driver with that type of markdown. Thanks for the heads-up!

Next week my signature will update to 0211s. They shipped today. At my fitting I hit the entire 0311 line, gen2 and gen3. Good, but for me, nothing stood out. The 0211s fit me so ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I was an 03 in the Corps, you guys have me intrigued.

Irons line named after a USMC MOS is pretty cool.

Several years ago, I had a fitter ask me if I wanted to try the PXG irons, since I was in the market for new irons. I was reluctant for a number of reasons, but mostly wondering if I did like them so much that I’d be obsessed with wanting to purchase a club out of my price point.

That was a few years ago, and I did hit them, and absolutely fell in love with them, but just couldn’t justify the price in any way. I ended up going with the Srixon 965/765 combo set which were fabulous. However, this year, I was ready for an iron that gave me a little more distance than the typical muscle backed player’s irons. I hit the Srixon 585, but they just didn’t do it for me. I tried the Titleist 718 T-MBs and they were fabulous, but again, the price point was just too high for a full set of irons. The Callaway Epic Forged, again, fabulous clubs, great distance, flight and feel, but at $300+/club, just too much. I tried a few others in the Player’s, Distance class, but felt like I was compromising. I was just about to settle on the Titleist T-100S or T-200, but instead got a great deal on the 620 MBs and loved them, but I was still struggling for distance. Then I saw that PXG was offering their 0211 at a reduced price - not exactly a player’s iron in any way, but I jumped on it anyway, knowing that if I didn’t like them, I could sell them without a loss. They immediately became my gamers.

I have been playing them now for 3 months and they are excellent. No, I can’t work them like a player’s iron (620MB), without having to really exaggerate my swing, but I find I’m just firing right at my target now, and as long as my distance is accurate I’m on the money with these clubs. Distance, feel, trajectory, spin, control, forgiveness, consistency...check, check, check and check, for all the boxes. They look good to my eyes, and I have absolute confidence when I’m standing over them whether playing high shots, mid- or low-shots into the greens. I ended up extending my set from 4-P, into the gap wedge, and then added a 19 degree SGI 3 iron from the 0311 line to complete my iron set. I’m loving the extra distance I’m getting without the jacked up lofts and no spin that I was experiencing with some of the distance clubs. These clubs are stopping the ball on the greens without a problem - some of that is also related to the shafts and my swing style. I consciously chose a more flexible steel shaft with a slightly higher trajectory (and also one that dampens vibration for my aching body), and rarely take much of a divot, except with my wedges. Though I often lower my approach shots to reduce the variables that come with high ball flights, but these clubs have plenty of spin to hold the greens.

PXG also dropped their price on their drivers, so I picked one up and then added in the PXG 17 degree hybrid into my set. I have watched my dispersion for the driver drop into a smaller area, with increased distance of about 5-10 yards compared to my previous Callaway Rogue driver, which I thought was unbeatable. The driver is really pleasing to look at, at address, and contrary to what you might think, it’s both forgiving and also readily workable, I can move the ball L-R/R-L or just go straight up the middle.

Negative Image PXG Culture:
My playing partners are all re-thinking their take on these clubs after watching me quietly game these clubs for a few months - as they know me as a fairly conservative, traditional golfer who loves to tinker, but not moved to wear neon clothing or game the latest greatest new club. I didn’t once mention to anyone, that I moved from my all Titleist bag to a mostly PXG bag (Cobra F9 3 wood, Cleveland Full Face LW) - I’m not interested in advertising for anyone who isn’t paying me to do so. I’ve been playing in the low + handicap territory for a few years now, and at age 60 something, I have hit my age with these clubs. So, yes, I can probably play just about any club you put in my hands, and come in around par or so (including my 40 year old Hogan blades and their persimmon woods), and no, these will not get you a lower score if you just don’t have the game skills that prevent those consistently common multiple double bogies or worse scores. No club is going to do much for anyone there - not even the infomercial wonder clubs will help. I have seen people trying to buy their game with a fully loaded bag of PXGs, in that ridiculous oversized PXG staff bag, with PXG clothing that shout at you that they have too much money, but when you see those guys trotting around the club with a Cuban cigar, FJ Shield Tips, oversized belt buckle, and flat brimmed (a la Pat Perez) hat, recounting their every shot of the round, they just look like buffoons. I’d just as soon pull on my old faded cotton Titleist hat, my pleated khaki shorts with the western belt, and play my Ping S-57s and Bullseye putter, than be equated wIth those goofballs. Yes, it’s a shame that PXG has been mostly associated with the stupidly wealthy and oft-obnoxious golfer, and everyone that sees these in my bag assumes I must be in that camp, but I’m hardly at all. Yes, I’m in the medical field, but I drive a Subaru Outback (my wife drives the BMW), and I still work daily, replay my ProV’s, re-grip and re-shaft my own clubs, walk the course, and stick to traditionally inspired golf clothing classics - and you’ll never hear me boast about a score, it’s just not what a gentleman golfer does - let your game do all the talking. Better to game the best equipment for your own personal game and skill level (and budget), play your own game, practice and improve consistently, stay humble, keep pace, play with the best golf etiquette possible, fix your divots and pitch marks, and be compassionate, generous and kind to fellow golfers and club employees - and while I’m there, be the guy that quietly picks up the tab after the round and adds a little extra something onto the tip for the employees, and don’t forget that end of the year Xmas tip too, those people work hard and it’s not easy to be consistently thoughtful and kind all of the time with so many demanding, not so generous, yielding or kind members. That kindness, generosity of spirit and humility goes an awful long way on this planet.

Several years ago, I had a fitter ask me if I wanted to try the PXG irons, since I was in the market for new irons. I was reluctant for a number of reasons, but mostly wondering if I did like them so much that I’d be obsessed with wanting to purchase a club out of my price point.

That was a few years ago, and I did hit them, and absolutely fell in love with them, but just couldn’t justify the price in any way. I ended up going with the Srixon 965/765 combo set which were fabulous. However, this year, I was ready for an iron that gave me a little more distance than the typical muscle backed player’s irons. I hit the Srixon 585, but they just didn’t do it for me. I tried the Titleist 718 T-MBs and they were fabulous, but again, the price point was just too high for a full set of irons. The Callaway Epic Forged, again, fabulous clubs, great distance, flight and feel, but at $300+/club, just too much. I tried a few others in the Player’s, Distance class, but felt like I was compromising. I was just about to settle on the Titleist T-100S or T-200, but instead got a great deal on the 620 MBs and loved them, but I was still struggling for distance. Then I saw that PXG was offering their 0211 at a reduced price - not exactly a player’s iron in any way, but I jumped on it anyway, knowing that if I didn’t like them, I could sell them without a loss. They immediately became my gamers.

I have been playing them now for 3 months and they are excellent. No, I can’t work them like a player’s iron (620MB), without having to really exaggerate my swing, but I find I’m just firing right at my target now, and as long as my distance is accurate I’m on the money with these clubs. Distance, feel, trajectory, spin, control, forgiveness, consistency...check, check, check and check, for all the boxes. They look good to my eyes, and I have absolute confidence when I’m standing over them whether playing high shots, mid- or low-shots into the greens. I ended up extending my set from 4-P, into the gap wedge, and then added a 19 degree SGI 3 iron from the 0311 line to complete my iron set. I’m loving the extra distance I’m getting without the jacked up lofts and no spin that I was experiencing with some of the distance clubs. These clubs are stopping the ball on the greens without a problem - some of that is also related to the shafts and my swing style. I consciously chose a more flexible steel shaft with a slightly higher trajectory (and also one that dampens vibration for my aching body), and rarely take much of a divot, except with my wedges. Though I often lower my approach shots to reduce the variables that come with high ball flights, but these clubs have plenty of spin to hold the greens.

PXG also dropped their price on their drivers, so I picked one up and then added in the PXG 17 degree hybrid into my set. I have watched my dispersion for the driver drop into a smaller area, with increased distance of about 5-10 yards compared to my previous Callaway Rogue driver, which I thought was unbeatable. The driver is really pleasing to look at, at address, and contrary to what you might think, it’s both forgiving and also readily workable, I can move the ball L-R/R-L or just go straight up the middle.

Negative Image PXG Culture:
My playing partners are all re-thinking their take on these clubs after watching me quietly game these clubs for a few months - as they know me as a fairly conservative, traditional golfer who loves to tinker, but not moved to wear neon clothing or game the latest greatest new club. I didn’t once mention to anyone, that I moved from my all Titleist bag to a mostly PXG bag (Cobra F9 3 wood, Cleveland Full Face LW) - I’m not interested in advertising for anyone who isn’t paying me to do so. I’ve been playing in the low + handicap territory for a few years now, and at age 60 something, I have hit my age with these clubs. So, yes, I can probably play just about any club you put in my hands, and come in around par or so (including my 40 year old Hogan blades and their persimmon woods), and no, these will not get you a lower score if you just don’t have the game skills that prevent those consistently common multiple double bogies or worse scores. No club is going to do much for anyone there - not even the infomercial wonder clubs will help. I have seen people trying to buy their game with a fully loaded bag of PXGs, in that ridiculous oversized PXG staff bag, with PXG clothing that shout at you that they have too much money, but when you see those guys trotting around the club with a Cuban cigar, FJ Shield Tips, oversized belt buckle, and flat brimmed (a la Pat Perez) hat, recounting their every shot of the round, they just look like buffoons. I’d just as soon pull on my old faded cotton Titleist hat, my pleated khaki shorts with the western belt, and play my Ping S-57s and Bullseye putter, than be equated wIth those goofballs. Yes, it’s a shame that PXG has been mostly associated with the stupidly wealthy and oft-obnoxious golfer, and everyone that sees these in my bag assumes I must be in that camp, but I’m hardly at all. Yes, I’m in the medical field, but I drive a Subaru Outback (my wife drives the BMW), and I still work daily, replay my ProV’s, re-grip and re-shaft my own clubs, walk the course, and stick to traditionally inspired golf clothing classics - and you’ll never hear me boast about a score, it’s just not what a gentleman golfer does - let your game do all the talking. Better to game the best equipment for your own personal game and skill level (and budget), play your own game, practice and improve consistently, stay humble, keep pace, play with the best golf etiquette possible, fix your divots and pitch marks, and be compassionate, generous and kind to fellow golfers and club employees - and while I’m there, be the guy that quietly picks up the tab after the round and adds a little extra something onto the tip for the employees, and don’t forget that end of the year Xmas tip too, those people work hard and it’s not easy to be consistently thoughtful and kind all of the time with so many demanding, not so generous, yielding or kind members. That kindness, generosity of spirit and humility goes an awful long way on this planet.

Glad you clarified you handicap. Your signature says you're a 36 cap. So when you said "working the ball" you nearly lost me.

:sneaky:

Glad you like them. I recently bought a set of 0211's and think they are one of the best if not best looking irons out there.
I hit them ok, shot 79 in my only round with them from the white tees, but ultimately selling them. I have been gaming shovels/Hybrid style irons for years now and just comfortable in lager profile they give me. If I were to ever commit to a smaller type iron, these would be it though.

Back