Review Quantix F18 Tour Golf Ball Review

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Quantix Golf has really hit the ground running in 2020 and has now launched its second ball, the F18 Tour. And with the word Tour in the name, my expectations were high for this new Direct to Consumer (“DTC”) market entrant.

For those that are unfamiliar with Quantix Golf, it is a new golf company based in Texas but it comes into the market with plenty of experience behind it. The company’s ball scientist, Larry Cadorniga, has designed golf balls for many industry leading companies over the years and he brings that knowledge to Quantix to give it some credibility compared to the other DTC companies. According to the Quantix website, the company has more than 100+ combined years of “golf experience in golf balls, golf clubs, design expertise.”

The F18 Tour is a 3-piece urethane ball and Quantix makes a lot of the normal DTC claims including “low driver spin,” “soft feel,” “high...

Continue reading...

Great write up and answering the questions i had. At the price point I think I'm sticking with major OEMs at this point. Maybe down the road I will try because I think the low driver spin would be beneficial

I enjoyed the article and your writing. You sounded like the folks who read the reviews. The number on the ball are very compelling. It's on my list to check out.
Nice job. I could never do a review. I'd run out of balls too quickly.

Thanks for the review. The cover problem would opt me out, though. Are those hexagonal dimples and is that common?

Thanks for the review. I, for one, had never heard of Quantix balls before your review.

Very nice review. DTC balls are very intriguing to me. How would you say they stacked up to Snell?

Thanks for the review, @Molten - very thorough and well-written, and an honest discussion of your findings.

Great review! I love the exposure DTC is getting in the industry!

Nice review, but I think I'll stick with what I'm playing, Srixon QST. It's basically the same retail price point, can be had at great discounts, and no durability issues.

Now what these guys really need to do is come out with a putter! :laughing:

Great review & I see that they have a sample pack, may have to grab one to try.

Nice write up but the ball doesn’t seem to standup against the Snell. Dean Snell has more experience and does the constant testing to assure quality of their ball. I play the MTB-X and the ProV 1x. In many cases MTB-X out performs ProV 1. They also send via FedEx 2 day free. Hard to beat.

DANG! This got up fast. I'm a giant skeptic with new companies and I'd openly admit that but Quantix is on the right track in my opinion. I don't think it is perfect, but the F18 Tour has a lot right with it.

Great write up and answering the questions i had. At the price point I think I'm sticking with major OEMs at this point. Maybe down the road I will try because I think the low driver spin would be beneficial
I always feel bad when I mention price in a review because I have no idea how hard it is to get a golf ball company off the ground (I mean, I have an idea but no actual evidence). I agree that price point will be big with the new ball.
I enjoyed the article and your writing. You sounded like the folks who read the reviews. The number on the ball are very compelling. It's on my list to check out.
Nice job. I could never do a review. I'd run out of balls too quickly.
I always think that too but I think you would surprise yourself. Admittedly I used more F18 Tour's than I normally do because those snap hooks were REALLY far left with such low spin. But when I caught one.... my god did it go a way.
Thanks for the review. The cover problem would opt me out, though. Are those hexagonal dimples and is that common?
I don't recall seeing them as hexagonal and I don't have one handy. I'll dig one out of my bag when I can!
Very nice review. DTC balls are very intriguing to me. How would you say they stacked up to Snell?
Well that is tough but I can say that Snell has several balls that may fit you whereas Quantix really only has one Tour ball. And Snell didn't spin that low for me.
Nice review, but I think I'll stick with what I'm playing, Srixon QST. It's basically the same retail price point, can be had at great discounts, and no durability issues.

Now what these guys really need to do is come out with a putter! :laughing:
The QST is a rock solid ball and I don't blame you at that price point. As for the putter.... I'm not so sure right now.
Great review & I see that they have a sample pack, may have to grab one to try.
If you do, please let me know what you think. If it wasn't for the driver spin, I really enjoyed the ball and would absolutely put it in play.
Nice write up but the ball doesn’t seem to standup against the Snell. Dean Snell has more experience and does the constant testing to assure quality of their ball. I play the MTB-X and the ProV 1x. In many cases MTB-X out performs ProV 1. They also send via FedEx 2 day free. Hard to beat.
I'm certainly not here to sell golf balls - only to tell you my experience, good and bad. I'd say you can't go wrong with Snell if that's your deal!

Nice review. Be interesting to see if they can last.

Nice review. Be interesting to see if they can last.
With inventory control, I don't see why not. It comes down to expectations with the business and the longer term plan. They have a real deal designer associated with them, so they could be developing something (I honestly have no idea).

I received two sleeves of these in my THP mystery bag. I’ve gamed them enough to give my impressions.

I’ve been playing 2020 Chromesoft and 2021 ZStar.

the Quantix is further for me off driver and irons than CS. It’s closer to Z Star XV off putter. Green side less spin than both.

durability is pretty good. As a desert rat and hacker, I’m tough on golf balls. They have held up better than Cut. Surviving 18 + holes with me! The Cut that I’ve gamed are better green side but are not durable.

all in all they are good DTC balls. One worth trying if your looking for a ball in this class.

Back