Quantix Golf - F35 Control

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Something new just showed up at the Molten compound from a company I was previously unfamiliar with - Quantix Golf. I’ve done a fair bit of research into the company and it is young but has a veteran ball designer putting his name as co-signing the design - Larry Cadorniga. Admittedly, I had to do some digging on Larry but it does look like he was a big ball designer many moons ago.

The F35 Control ball is a three piece ball with a non-urethane cover (I’m pretty sure at least - information is a bit hard to gather).

Does anyone have any familiarity with Quantix or the F35 Control ball?

Lord knows I’m looking forward to testing some of their claims of being longer and straighter (and that dispersion graphic) against a few brands but I’m curious about THP’s first (or not) impressions.

I’ll post some in hand photos when I get home later today. I didn’t want to grab any art work off the Internet.

Other than seeing one IG account post pictures of Quantix balls quite a bit, I know nothing about them,

let us know what you think. what price point are they at

let us know what you think. what price point are they at

scaled pricing, $30 for 1 dozen, $25 each for 5 dozen.

Ben Hogan brand ambassador Fifty-three Golf has a deal with them. That's the only place I have seen them. He used to play Cut Golf balls before Quantix

haha if you think I have heard of them because of the pricing, it’s listed on the website linked in the first post.

I’ll admit I’m skeptical going into this given the way a lot of the materials are written but I’ve been proven way wrong before.

781E3FE7-3720-4406-96E6-7356B91FEC2F.jpeg7B2C9A9B-29DD-479C-BA98-E0D070DFCF93.jpeg

Never heard of them. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Never heard of them, will be checking in on your experience

Haven't heard of them; Price seems a little off for a start-up non urethane ball.

Haven't heard of them; Price seems a little off for a start-up non urethane ball.
I think it’s non urethane but I’m also pretty confident in that too - the new ball that is coming next month (I think) specifically mentions a urethane cover.

Bad news - I haven’t touched a club in way too long. Good news, Quantix test time this weekend if the weather permits. Indoor on the LM Friday and outdoors on Sunday.

It’s gotta be a tough business to break into.

Never heard of these either but looking forward to your thoughts Gary!

This is the first I've heard of these golf balls, waiting to hear some more thoughts on them.

I’ll have a bunch more thoughts later but I’m in the middle of a testing session and I’m hitting it against all of the current 2020 Titleist balls.

I started with irons and saw the Quantix F35 spinning more than the others on full shots by a few hundred rpm. Similar distance. More spin. Lower launch.

in light of the irons, I was afraid of the driver. I expected more spin here as well. Nope. Basically the same as the others and producing a lot of ball speed.

partial shots leave a little be to desired. There isn’t nearly the same spin or feel that on a 30 yard touch shot. if you don’t rely on it, you won’t know it isn’t there.

feel: eh. This is my main knock because it is firm and clicks on contact.

durability: TBD. I’musing one ball for this two hour indoor test, so time will tell.

TLDR - a pretty good three piece non urethane ball. Lower launching and higher spinning on full shots but with good numbers off the driver and ball speed. Partial shots leave something to be desired. Initial impression is good, although I’m ready to get it outdoors.

I’ll have a bunch more thoughts later but I’m in the middle of a testing session and I’m hitting it against all of the current 2020 Titleist balls.

I started with irons and saw the Quantix F35 spinning more than the others on full shots by a few hundred rpm. Similar distance. More spin. Lower launch.

in light of the irons, I was afraid of the driver. I expected more spin here as well. Nope. Basically the same as the others and producing a lot of ball speed.

partial shots leave a little be to desired. There isn’t nearly the same spin or feel that on a 30 yard touch shot. if you don’t rely on it, you won’t know it isn’t there.

feel: eh. This is my main knock because it is firm and clicks on contact.

durability: TBD. I’musing one ball for this two hour indoor test, so time will tell.

TLDR - a pretty good three piece non urethane ball. Lower launching and higher spinning on full shots but with good numbers off the driver and ball speed. Partial shots leave something to be desired. Initial impression is good, although I’m ready to get it outdoors.
Surprised at the good spin numbers with iron for a non - urethane cover.

Surprised at the good spin numbers with iron for a non - urethane cover.
On full swings the numbers were pretty darn good.

i put a lot of time putting with the Quantix this week and I’m not a big fan of the sound and feel - compared to what I’m used to, it is hard and clicky. Not all that terrible but much more that the other balls on the practice green.

On full swings the numbers were pretty darn good.

i put a lot of time putting with the Quantix this week and I’m not a big fan of the sound and feel - compared to what I’m used to, it is hard and clicky. Not all that terrible but much more that the other balls on the practice green.
That's a no go for me.. I hate clicky sound when putting /chipping

That's a no go for me.. I hate clicky sound when putting /chipping
I used it side by side with a Chrome Soft and the Quantix had a very strange sound off the putter. Definitely some real click going on here, which is a bummer.

it’s a hard market fo break into and there are so many good balls at the $30 price point. It’s a good ball that had plenty of drawbacks

Back