Quarantined, so... Xbox golf it is!

Promise this will be the last post with scores for 18. Shot a 94 with a couple of birdies, one on the front and one on the back. This game really is quite addicting, not to mention time consuming. ;)

@5150 Hope chewed me up. Usually I shoot somewhere between 3 and 5 under on most courses. That one was rough. Good track though.

Thanks; it was fun to try to make a links course! Mrs. 5150 has taken over the Xbox for Skyrim so I’ll have to try to get back on tomorrow.

Thanks; it was fun to try to make a links course! Mrs. 5150 has taken over the Xbox for Skyrim so I’ll have to try to get back on tomorrow.
Thats a valid reason

I’m in the Central time zone. Xbox tag is Verde5150.

I’ll try to get on tomorrow night around 7:00 if anyone’s interested (Xbox availability pending based on Mrs. 5150’s Skyrim progress).

I bought a used copy a few months ago for like $18. For that price you can get enough hours of entertainment from it to easily justify the cost. It is kind of fun, although a little frustrating, trying to design your own course. I do like playing other peoples courses. Some are pretty good and realistic while other can be pretty crazy and fun or downright make you mad.

YouTube is your friend for tips on course design. Try CrazyCanuck1985’s channel. He has a great 101 level tutorial series that I found very helpful. Also he’s Canadian so it’s super polite.

I've got a question for you guys. Is it possible for someone who's plays on PC to join someone who plays on an XBox and game to together?

I've got a question for you guys. Is it possible for someone who's plays on PC to join someone who plays on an XBox and game to together?

That I don’t know... some games cross platforms, others don’t.

I've just got a relatively old PS4, used to play the old Tiger Woods games on PS2 constantly but never got into the others on the 4. Maybe now is the time...

I have never owned a gaming system. Kinda wish I had one now. Can only read so much, and can only watch the same golf tournament replayed by Golf Channel so many times. I hike daily, but that doesn't take up the entire day, lol.

Yes. I spent about 3 months working on it. It can play easy or it can play hard depending upon which way the wind is blowing. And remember if you end up in the gorse, you need to yell, "ow ow ow ow"

Really enjoyed it; great course! Posted a -1 71 (Verde5150). Played pin 2 from tbr

#6 was a great par 3. It’s a deceptively tough hole.

I tend to enjoy courses that look like they were “found” rather than built. This one fits that description.

Last night I redownloaded Rory PGA Tour and Everybody's Golf. EG is fun, albeit a little too cartoony. You can only play so much FIFA and Call Of Duty though and with most of the golf courses being close right now, I need some way to get my golf fix.

if only my son would let me mess with his gaming PC we built I would load it up there. I used to play Links 386 in the early / mid 90's on PC. I've got an Xbox One if anyone wants to do anything...golf, COD, RDR2, etc...

DM me for gamertag

Really enjoyed it; great course! Posted a -1 71 (Verde5150). Played pin 2 from tbr

#6 was a great par 3. It’s a deceptively tough hole.

I tend to enjoy courses that look like they were “found” rather than built. This one fits that description.

-1 is a great score. My best round on the course is -2. The 6th is the showcase hole.

I let the natural terrain dictate the layout and the shape of the holes. There's some risk-reward shots depending upon the wind. 18 for example - you can make it over.... but is it worth it?

I will have to download this..

Two courses that are available on this game that I'd recommend are: Chambers Bay and Royal Dornoch Tournament. There are a few versions of these, but look for the highest rated versions. One of Dornoch is HCP rated - this is the good one. I shot a 78 at Chambers and a 73 at Dornoch.

Two courses that are available on this game that I'd recommend are: Chambers Bay and Royal Dornoch Tournament. There are a few versions of these, but look for the highest rated versions. One of Dornoch is HCP rated - this is the good one. I shot a 78 at Chambers and a 73 at Dornoch.

Just played both of those in the past few days. Enjoyed playing both of them. ;)

Just played both of those in the past few days. Enjoyed playing both of them. ;)

But what did you shoot. You're not telling me because if you do I'll think I suck at the game. I four putted two greens at Dornoch.

But what did you shoot. You're not telling me because if you do I'll think I suck at the game. I four putted two greens at Dornoch.

I shot a 79 at Chambers Bay and a 78 at Dornock if I remember correctly. Those greens on the Dornock course were really &^%$^%^&*(*. :laughing:

Last edited:

Just tried Dornoch - really enjoyed it! Beautiful links course. I double bogeyed 18 for a 71 and felt like I got super lucky to be at +1, haha. VERY tough greens. Approach shots have to be chosen carefully for sure.

Just tried Dornoch - really enjoyed it! Beautiful links course. I double bogeyed 18 for a 71 and felt like I got super lucky to be at +1, haha. VERY tough greens. Approach shots have to be chosen carefully for sure.

I birdied 18. Otherwise it would have been a 74. But that four putt on 15.... "Okay, let's clear our heads and put that hole behind us." I play with the "Pro" clubs which limits my drives unfortunately to about 274 carry. I think the rest of my bag is a 2W, 4W, 4H, 6H, 6i - 9i, PW, GW, SW, LW, P. The "Master" clubs are a little too unforgiving.

I birdied 18. Otherwise it would have been a 74. But that four putt on 15.... "Okay, let's clear our heads and put that hole behind us." I play with the "Pro" clubs which limits my drives unfortunately to about 274 carry. I think the rest of my bag is a 2W, 4W, 4H, 6H, 6i - 9i, PW, GW, SW, LW, P. The "Master" clubs are a little too unforgiving.

Yeah I use the pro clubs too. The master set was too much. I do like the 2w quite a bit; just added it.

Back