Question regarding Driver Swing Results

ketron10a

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cobra F7 w/ Yellow HZRDUS Stiff 75g

At the end of the season last year I broke my HZRDUS Red 75 Stuff shaft which I loved. I was able to find a really reasonably priced replacement tipped for Cobra drivers from one of our forum members. But it is a Yellow Shaft vs Red. I went to the local indoor golf driving range and found myself consistently pulling the ball about 15-20° left of target line. However.....If I closed my stance up dropping my right foot back a few inches I was able to correct for this and hit the ball straight/with my normal L->R Fade.

Is this due to the shaft? Or is this just a reflection of me being out of swing shape since I haven't played in a few months?

I think it's much more likely to be the swing than the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are two different type shafts with red being a softer tipped black and the yellow being a counterbalance shaft. I'm guessing the feeling in the profiles and your lack of swings is what's causing the lefts

I am not up on the counterbalanced shaft and its effects on my swing. I am trying to look it up now and learn for the day

I am not up on the counterbalanced shaft and its effects on my swing. I am trying to look it up now and learn for the day

Iirc the shaft is backwwighted so that a player can add weight to the head if wanted/needed. The profile is different from the black/red which has a beefier midsection. The yellow is designed for players with a smoother transition where the black/red is for the more aggressive type. I have an aggressive transition but the red and black both felt very stout and the black was a much lower flight and my misses with both black and red were bad. Surprisingly the yellow felt much better and worked well with my swing.

When I get back from Europe I’m hoping to get back to the range and work with it a bit more. My swing is a bit aggressive as well but the Red seemed to work well. I went from a regular flex in my old driver to a stiff shaft with the cobra after one of the local pros watched me play in the simulator and noticed my swing speed was almost 111 at times with the driver and told me I should upgrade to help control it better. It worked. And I loved the feeling of the red. I’m sure I’ll adjust to the yellow (or maybe I won’t) and I’ll get this all sorted out. I’m sure not swinging a club for 3 months isn’t helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back