Question regarding Top Flite Gamer?

ketron10a

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is this thing seriously just a rebadged 2015 E6? 3 piece non urethane with dimple in dimple design? If it is I will buy these things all day long at that price. I liked my E6 balls from a few years ago before I moved to a Callaway Chrome soft

I always thought the gamers were a urethane covered ball.
Good ball IMO the sleeve I played, was going to be a ball I try more of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always thought the gamers were a urethane covered ball.
Good ball IMO the sleeve I played, was going to be a ball I try more of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it was the Gamer Tour that came in Urethane. The Gamer v2 was an ionomer covered ball. I liked the non-urethane Gamer when I was starting. I didn’t like having to order them and have them shipped. If the Gamer Tour came in yellow I’d be all over it.

I liked the Gamer v2 and just picked up two of the Gamer Soft dozens for $15 total on one of their Thursday BOGO deals. Great ball for the value.

Is this thing seriously just a rebadged 2015 E6? 3 piece non urethane with dimple in dimple design? If it is I will buy these things all day long at that price. I liked my E6 balls from a few years ago before I moved to a Callaway Chrome soft

The Gamer is a 3 piece ball with a ionomer cover, the Gamer Tour is a 3 piece ball with a urethane cover. For the price the Tour isn’t a bad value ball, although I prefer the QST in a slightly higher price point. The Chrome Soft is leaps and bounds better than either of the other balls I’ve mentioned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I was just thinking it looks an awful lot like an old E6. I hope it plays well. I just left all my balls at home for this trip I am on and I was like hey....for this price it looks pretty decent why not give it a try. I usually buy used from Lost Golf balls just because I hate spending full price for a ball I am gonna lose or toss in 4-5 holes (usually). If these work well I am gonna try the Gamer Tour for S&Gs. I just need a 3piece or better ball with my swing speed....just seems to be what feels best to me. 2 piece junk balls feel like crap and I hate them. I accidentally ordered a batch of Hex Soft thinking I was ordering Hex Chrome....not even close in feel or performance.

Gamer Soft is my favorite of the bunch. It had good distance, nice feel, and spun about as I expected it to. I found it at the Titleist DT Trusoft interchangeable and superior to the Callaway Supersoft. The regular Gamer is quite nice too. I don't think they're that different from a 2015 era E6, but not the same.

Gamer Tour tends to get criticism for durability and length, but I personally have not used it.

Dave

I play the Gamer Soft from time to time but I don't feel like it's like the E6. I like the Gamer but not the E6 very much. I didn't have got results when I played it for a season.

Played a round today. I think it’s a decent ball. I bet I’d play a little better with the Urethane just for feel. This felt a touuuuuuuch hard. Not rock like but I could feel the difference from my normal balls. But still a solid ball I wouldn’t hesitate to play again. These will definitely stay in my bag for a bit. For 14.99 I’m thoroughly impressed.

Played a round today. I think it’s a decent ball. I bet I’d play a little better with the Urethane just for feel. This felt a touuuuuuuch hard. Not rock like but I could feel the difference from my normal balls. But still a solid ball I wouldn’t hesitate to play again. These will definitely stay in my bag for a bit. For 14.99 I’m thoroughly impressed.

You may like the feel of the Gamer Soft better then. I prefer it to the regular Gamer.

Dave

Been playing the D2F and really like it. With reviews, I opted to try the Gamer Soft, so I bought 2 doz. Played it enough to know I really like it. So tonight I ordered another 2 doz.

Last couple rounds playiing the Gamer Urethane ball. A great ball and love the urethane cover and the results I get with 8 iron thru 56* wedge, hit, hop & stop. I does scuff up a bit from well struck 8 iron thru 56* wedge shots. Good view of the dimple in a dimple that looks just like the Bridgestone e6 dimple pattern.

4%2018%2018%20scuffed%20ball_zpscawzf4s3.jpg

Back