Questions on the Caribbean

Yeah, I guess it's how many days you have available as well. You don't want to waste too many days in transit. Let me know if you have any questions on Aruba. I'm sure there have been many changes since we've been there so I can really only answer general questions.

Ill be honest, that whole van der Slute thing didnt help with Arubas image. I think the lady is scared of it and my dutch is pretty rusty.

How long is the flight to St. Lucia?

How long is the flight to St. Lucia?

It would be 5 hours to Atlanta and then a few more hours to St Lucia. I guess it would be about the same as the South Pacific.

Yeah that was my thoughts. I think Tahiti would be amazing!

Yeah that was my thoughts. I think Tahiti would be amazing!

Haha, I looked a little of it up at work and I think I might be changing my mind.

Hedonism

It would be 5 hours to Atlanta and then a few more hours to St Lucia. I guess it would be about the same as the South Pacific.

Congrats on the upcoming event dude! KellyBo and I went to Cancun Mexico and had the all inclusive deal that included golf! It was a blast to say the least as where we stayed (Moon Palace) had a 27 hole Jack Nicklaus course right behind the hotel. We also went up to Playa da caman (spelling?) for a round of golf one of the days.

Haha, Im pretty sure I would not be able to get away with that one. Plus you would have to bring a 55 gallon drum of purrell because that place is crawling with some funk.

Congrats on the upcoming event dude! KellyBo and I went to Cancun Mexico and had the all inclusive deal that included golf! It was a blast to say the least as where we stayed (Moon Palace) had a 27 hole Jack Nicklaus course right behind the hotel. We also went up to Playa da caman (spelling?) for a round of golf one of the days.
I dont think I am going to get in any golf on this trip. She doesnt play and I am pretty sure she is going to make me hang out with her the whole time.

I'm a little late to the party, but my wife and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon, and had an amazing time. We did feel safe the entire time, even though we did have some concerns going in. We stayed at the Bucuti Resort, which was awesome. The best part was that the beach at that resort is much bigger and quieter than a lot of the other resorts in Aruba. Here is the link to the tripadvisor reviews for that place: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ach_Resorts_Aruba-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html

I don't go to the Caribbean because it's too sunny. My Sister and her husband have been to a lot of islands, and they enjoy Aruba a lot. It has gambling and the cleanest drinking water in the world. They also love Barbados.

If I was going on a honeymoon and was thinking of an island vacation, I'd go to Ireland. Granted it's a big island. Great beer, great whiskey, great golf, and most of all great people. Food is wonderful if you do a little research. Weather would be good, not beach good of course, in July, though that's not oyster season. There's nothing better than being in an Irish pub with everybody laughing, talking, drinking, and singing.

Good times.

Kevin

Make sure you give STX a look. I have been there many times. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Im trying to plan out my honeymoon and I know nothing about the Caribbean. I guess I am leaning towards St Lucia but Im not sure about where to stay. Are Sandals resorts cheesy? Any recomendations of other islands or places to stay? Is the humidity in July really bad? Any advice about the whole are would be appreciated.

We went on our honeymoon there. $1500 on tickets alone. Make sure you go all inclusive, without you are going to pay through the nose. Check Windjammer Resort.

Bora Bora it is. Thanks for the help everybody. Im going to book everything on Thursday.

Bora Bora it is. Thanks for the help everybody. Im going to book everything on Thursday.

Nice choice, Gas! Definitely one of those destination type places that you go to once in a lifetime. Congrats and enjoy!

Back