Questions regarding changing my hybrid shafts

Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
Looking to change the shafts in my M2 hybrids. Even though I’m not much of a shaft guy, even I can tell the TM reax shafts in these things are poop! I’m looking to change them for the recoil hybrid shafts that are offered on the M4 hybrids. I won’t be doing the swap, it’ll be going down to my golf mart where the guy who handles shafts seems to know his stuff (although talk to him about shafts and he’ll tell you they are all the same pretty much LOL).
Anyway, I’m thinking of getting the shafts cut down. I play the 4 and 5 hybrid, so I’m thinking of keeping the half inch gap going from my set of P790’s (also with Recoils). I figure this will add some consistency to the set and will enable me to be a little more accurate with the 4 that seems to have quite a long shaft. Good idea, or bad idea? That leads then the effing up the swing weight. I worked out I’d be cutting and inch and 3 quarters off my 4 to blend into my set. I assume that will make a substantial difference? And if so, does that mean getting the weight back with lead tape? That’s not something I’m too keen on.
Thanks.

#FiberLaunch

I would start with .5" and go from there. If the grip is blown on it's pretty easy to test on course and adjust and cut if needed after. Going only .5" off wont affect SW that much but enough that you'll get a feel if it's too heavy or light for your preference and gapping.

Looking to change the shafts in my M2 hybrids. Even though I’m not much of a shaft guy, even I can tell the TM reax shafts in these things are poop! I’m looking to change them for the recoil hybrid shafts that are offered on the M4 hybrids. I won’t be doing the swap, it’ll be going down to my golf mart where the guy who handles shafts seems to know his stuff (although talk to him about shafts and he’ll tell you they are all the same pretty much LOL).
Anyway, I’m thinking of getting the shafts cut down. I play the 4 and 5 hybrid, so I’m thinking of keeping the half inch gap going from my set of P790’s (also with Recoils). I figure this will add some consistency to the set and will enable me to be a little more accurate with the 4 that seems to have quite a long shaft. Good idea, or bad idea? That leads then the effing up the swing weight. I worked out I’d be cutting and inch and 3 quarters off my 4 to blend into my set. I assume that will make a substantial difference? And if so, does that mean getting the weight back with lead tape? That’s not something I’m too keen on.
Thanks.

#FiberLaunch

1 3/4" will remove a lot of SW. Lead tape was no bueno IMO when I used it on my Cleveland Launcher HB driver.

So the consensus so far is cutting down my hybrids to match in with my irons is a daft idea. Got it.

#FiberLaunch

Back