Quick (sort of maybe) Fitting Question

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
I was fit about 2 weeks ago into the Callaway Epic Max, at PGATSS, I bought it under the auspices that I would get re-fit when the new clubs came out - I actually thought they would have my main target heads - the ST-Z-220 and the Rogue ST Max.

Now I have my surgery on 1 Feb, which will likely take me out of full swing commision until at least early March - still in the 90 day window (+ or - a few days to April 15). Should I go in say Sunday (they have openings) or wait till mid March (give or take) and get a do over? I figure I may be can get a combo fitting - I only want to demo the ST Z and maybe 2 different Rogue heads, and at worst 2 or 3 shafts, so I would have time to do the Shaft Optimizer for my irons and make sure that what I have is right?

Also, by mid March (I hope) to have had my second lesson so maybe the swing evolves a bit more?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advise. I guess I am already getting post surgery cabin fever, a few days before the surgery. I think too much - need to stop doing that!

Go Sunday.

Return for store credit now, go back when healed from surgery and after lesson.

If you went Sunday and selected a driver, would that start a new 90 day clock on the club selected? If so, I'd probably do that. Or what @El Rayo X said.

I think it would not start a new 90. But, I am intrigued by the return for credit. I assumed it was exchange only (with I assume) credit if the new one is cheaper than the old?

My first thought too, but not sure if I should go out that close to surgery - that's the only thing making me hesitate.
That's a fair concern, but isn't the surgery supposed to fix things? If something happens you're under the knife couple days later anyway

Return for store credit now, go back when healed from surgery and after lesson.
I need to re-read the playability guarantee - this may be perfect.

That's a fair concern, but isn't the surgery supposed to fix things? If something happens you're under the knife couple days later anyway
Yes, I meant for Covid, not for the hernia - oddly with the golf swing it hurts teeing up balls not swinging the club, and putting (practice) when I stand in one spot too long.

I may just do the Sunday session if it's still available (and I can't do the return for credit).

Thanks!

Yes, I meant for Covid, not for the hernia - oddly with the golf swing it hurts teeing up balls not swinging the club, and putting (practice) when I stand in one spot too long.

I may just do the Sunday session if it's still available (and I can't do the return for credit).

Thanks!
Oooohhhh, yeah I can understand the hesitation in that case. In that case, especially if COVID is an issue in your area, I would say pass to make sure you get the surgery done so you can get back to golf as quick as possible.

I need to re-read the playability guarantee - this may be perfect.

I don't think that is a possibility.

"If you are not satisfied with your new club purchase, for any reason, you may return it within 90 days of the original purchase for 100% credit towards an in-store purchase that day of similar product."

Not an answer by any means but just remember that after your healing time, you are still at the very minimum of your healing time. Don’t overdo it.

Yes, absolutely - I figure mid march will be 6 weeks and maybe normal swing by then but that is a wild guess - if I am able to do all PT and whatnot (I am pretty good in terms of doing PT - at least historically I have been).

I don't think that is a possibility.

"If you are not satisfied with your new club purchase, for any reason, you may return it within 90 days of the original purchase for 100% credit towards an in-store purchase that day of similar product."
I‘d go in and ask

Back