Quick test to determine if you are a psychopath or not.

Better brownie piece?

• Edge

Votes: 88 62.0%
  • Center

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
Edge, with the best being a corner because it has 2 edges. Hands down.

This is the correct answer! I saw something on Insta that made only edge pieces.

1625859792371.png

All of you edge people.

None of you are invited over for delicious brownies a la mode featuring only the centers.

I wish I would have taken a picture that showed 3 sheets of brownies having the edges cut away by a centimeter so no one has to deal with that here at work.

Center is probably good for you people who lack teeth.

1625860771718.gifCrispy crunchy and walnuts FTW.

Corners first, then edges. But they can't be overcooked and need to have some of that soft brownie goodness!

Edge, center, doesn’t bother me. I always home in on the biggest piece!

With the Brownies the hippies up the road from me make....you don't care after the first one. 😎

I feel this thread has the potential to drive a wedge between some dream foursome pairings. :unsure:
I mean, the center people should pick edge people for their pairings and vice-versa. That way the whole pan gets eaten and nobody is competing for one or the other. Just sayin'....

Edge, center, doesn’t bother me. I always home in on the biggest piece!

Yeah! My question would be, "Who the Hell cares?!" It's FUDGE people. What's not to like?

Center all day long.

Edge for me! Ideally it would be softer towards the inside of the piece and slightly crunch on the edge!!

These brownies made in Colorado or Oregon, by chance? If so do they come with a bag of cool ranch doritos?

Edges & corners first, but I'm not prejudice I will eat the whole dang pan with a huge glass of ice cold milk.

As noted, some brownie recipes are less gooey by design. Subversives. I actually had an intervention with my wife shortly after we married on this.

Back in my brownie-eating days, I preferred the gooey centers. But if given an edge, I ate it the same way I eat a piece of pie: consume the harder, crusty part first, saving the gooey inner goodness for the last. It's called delayed gratification.

As far as corn goes, I start an ear by eating one revolution at each end, then going full typewriter. If I'm going to make like a typewriter, I like margins.

Addendum to the original test I just thought of:

You have a tub of hummus with the central splotch of flavouring. Do you:
1. Mix the whole tub to ensure even distribution of flavouring or,
2. Do squiggle dips with your carrot/chip to grab a bit of the flavouring

Center all the way.

You throw the hummus out and go buy a tub of guacamole instead.

:ROFLMAO:

#2 otherwise you are stuck with the same topping ratio for every bite like those #1 losers.

Center. Full stop.

I can have hummus in my diet. At this stage it’s every eater for themselves, let me at the center goodies, with my carrots and peppers and other dipping veggies! And i might even double dip if no ones looking!

my goodness, I forgot edge won this poll. still absurd.

Like both but would pick edge

the corner is by far the superior brownie! Slightly crispy but soft on the edge, not hard like a cookie, soft and gooey the rest. So good

Back