Quoting Selected Text - New Forum Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool!

Thanks GolferGal. That is a very useful feature. I've been doing this manually, but this will be faster for people like me and easier for most people to learn to use.

You mean we dont have to see ten posts in a row of a bunch of the same quoted pictures anymore? Hehehe.

GolferGal ;n8888144 said:
Wanted to bump this in case people didn't see it yesterday.

I just did it so I could try it.....sweet

JB ;n8887086 said:
Maybe highlight and hold for a half second?

yep, i just gave it a second after highlighting and the "quote" box popped up..

Does this work for multi quotes as well?

Can you still "multi quote?"

vdubtx ;n8893706 said:
multi quotes as well?

golfinnut ;n8893710 said:
u still "multi quote?"

Yes, it does.

You just highlight / quote on the first, then move to the next one...highlight / quote, etc. Then just go to the comment box and finish it up.

golfinnut;n8893710 said:
Can you still "multi quote?"

As Tomcat showed below it does. If you do not use that feature you can still multi-quote you just need to click quote for each post you want and then click the Post Reply at the top left. Multi-quote only works on 1 page at a time though, it's an issue with the new software, a lot of people have complained but they haven't done anything to fix it yet.

tomcat;n8893714 said:
Yes, it does.

I actually wasn't sure if that feature worked for multi-quote so that's great!

tomcat ;n8893714 said:
Yes, it does.

You just highlight / quote on the first, then move to the next one...highlight / quote, etc. Then just go to the comment box and finish it up.
GolferGal ;n8893720 said:

Awesome. Thanks.

GolferGal;n8888144 said:
Wanted to bump this in case people didn't see it yesterday.

vdubtx ;n8893706 said:
Does this work for multi quotes as well?

GolferGal;n8893720 said:
As Tomcat showed below it does. If you do not use that feature you can still multi-quote you just need to click quote for each post you want and then click the Post Reply at the top left. Multi-quote only works on 1 page at a time though, it's an issue with the new software, a lot of people have complained but they haven't done anything to fix it yet.

Ok, so I tried the selected quote on multiple pages to do a multi-quote and it worked! So this is a great workaround, woohoo!!!

GolferGal;n8893720 said:

GolferGal;n8893746 said:
Ok, so I tried the selected quote on multiple pages to do a multi-quote and it worked! So this is a great workaround, woohoo!!!

Ok sweet ... nicely done!

tomcat ;n8893714 said:
Awesome!

GolferGal ;n8893746 said:
Sweet! Now I just have to remember this! Hahaha

That is awesome, like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back