R.I.P. Puttin4Bird

IMG_5773.jpg

Got my guy with me for this event weekend.

Jake was my Captain for my first THP event last year and taught be alot about what THP means.

He was one of kind and will never be forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I never had any interactions here with P4B, I read through this thread and I must say that despite only seeing likely 1% of his memory and spirit, that he was a genuine and honest man. I'm also just floored by the kindess and generosity of everyone here and as a community, I'm glad that I can be a part of it. My heart goes out to everyone here who was touched by him and hope that dark days will only get brighter.

View attachment 39002

Jake was my Captain for my first THP event last year and taught be alot about what THP means.

Love seeing that pin on hats. I think its a cool way to honor Jake and the game he loved.

I never had he privledge of meeting Jake. I have spent the morning reading this thread and praying that when my time here is over I would be capable of making so many people laugh and give them such a feeling of fellow ship. It is rare that so many are moved by just one person. What a blessing he must have been for those who loved him. God Bless

View attachment 39002

Love the ball marker! P4B will never be forgotten :friends:

PALS

Miss you buddy.

c9425785f9031a9b8b8ac01062a06765.jpg

was thinking of jake as we played a scramble and played old school rap.

miss him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

was thinking of jake as we played a scramble and played old school rap.

miss him

Same. We played 90’s hip hop all tournament yesterday and I could see that smirk of his when a Snoop song hit every time.

Love ya Jake. Always.

This guy is going to be on my mind a lot today. Today is the start of the Pro Am tournament at our home course. Jake and his dad had played in it together every year I believe since it started. This year his dad asked me to fill in for Jake which was a pretty awesome invitation. There's absolutely no way I can fill his shoes but I'm hoping to make him proud out there.

And I can't think of better time to bring out Jake's putter from last year in his honor.

24abd5816dc48aa14b57d652567f3224.jpg

This guy is going to be on my mind a lot today. Today is the start of the Pro Am tournament at our home course. Jake and his dad had played in it together every year I believe since it started. This year his dad asked me to fill in for Jake which was a pretty awesome invitation. There's absolutely no way I can fill his shoes but I'm hoping to make him proud out there.

And I can't think of better time to bring out Jake's putter from last year in his honor.

I think of him every time I walk Willow because that was the only time I spent with him and also when I'm at Bakker because he was there in the morning a lot. I wish I had spent more time with him and his group. I didn't even know we shared the same love for old school rap....

Good luck out there...you will make him and his dad proud!

I think of him every time I walk Willow because that was the only time I spent with him and also when I'm at Bakker because he was there in the morning a lot. I wish I had spent more time with him and his group. I didn't even know we shared the same love for old school rap....

Good luck out there...you will make him and his dad proud!

The depth of Jake's old school rap knowledge was insane! He could name off the most obscure rappers that maybe 10% of the population had ever heard of.

The depth of Jake's old school rap knowledge was insane! He could name off the most obscure rappers that maybe 10% of the population had ever heard of.

d6f608d365f320c311a14103f297e267.jpg

every friday this is my channel to ride to and from work...#JakeNation

That’s awesome. Just put a smile on my face reading that. Not a day goes by where he doesn’t enter a thought or 2 of mine.

Would have loved to have that type of conversation with him.

That’s awesome KEV! Happy for ya buddy!

giphy.gif

I'm back in South Carolina for a couple of days for a friend's wedding. We flew into Charleston and then started driving towards Myrtle Beach. We passed the sign for True Blue and Caledonia and I couldn't help but think of Jake. Partnering with him there back in 2013 was one of the most fun golf weekends I've ever had. I miss you my friend.

I'm back in South Carolina for a couple of days for a friend's wedding. We flew into Charleston and then started driving towards Myrtle Beach. We passed the sign for True Blue and Caledonia and I couldn't help but think of Jake. Partnering with him there back in 2013 was one of the most fun golf weekends I've ever had. I miss you my friend.

I love reading these whenever someone is reminded of Jake. Truly a special individual!

song that reminded me of Jake....we heard it while playing during the MC and stuck in my head that whole day #JakeNation

53e604433f699575894989d19f28a482.jpg

With the NFL season approaching I can’t help but to think about Jake and our Cowboys. All the Cowboy contract news lately would have brought opinionated Jake out and in full force. We would text during most games and just now realizing I’m going to miss this interaction this fall. He was a huge Cowboy fan and will be thinking about him each game this year.

thinking of Jake today going thru old pics on the ipad pro that i took down for the MC.....he outdrove me here and of course we needed a pic....loved it.

View attachment 8922101

God he use to do that to me on those rare holes!

He’d make a big deal about it & id go “Jake, I hit a 4i off the tee”

Jake - “So, I didn’t make you hit that club”

God he use to do that to me on those rare holes!

He’d make a big deal about it & id go “Jake, I hit a 4i off the tee”

Jake - “So, I didn’t make you hit that club”

lol!!!!

Back