R.I.P. Puttin4Bird

Yeah he did. Jesse and I shared a cart all weekend. I had a great time hanging out with him those two days.

I took this picture on Friday of Jake's dad on the tee where he made the hole in one. After that Friday round I printed it off, framed it and gave it to him Saturday morning.

View attachment 8950326

damn, I must have wiped my eyes after cutting a jalapeno or something.... Kev you are a good man.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
On my way into work this morning, out of the blue, I was thinking about playing with Jake at the MC a couple years ago. Made me want to login and look around, something I haven't been doing because of my crazy world lately. So, I'm here and this thread pops up; perfect timing.

Really enjoyed my weekend with Jake in Oklahoma! Thankful to have known him!

On my way into work this morning, out of the blue, I was thinking about playing with Jake at the MC a couple years ago. Made me want to login and look around, something I haven't been doing because of my crazy world lately. So, I'm here and this thread pops up; perfect timing.

Really enjoyed my weekend with Jake in Oklahoma! Thankful to have known him!
I had such a good time that weekend. That last night still ranks up there as some of the hardest laughing I've ever done.

I had such a good time that weekend. That last night still ranks up there as some of the hardest laughing I've ever done.
OMG, the drunk guy that Jake was messing with!

• Haha
Are we talking about @mancest? 🤣

I would like to argue with you on this description.... but I don't think I can. That was honestly one of the best weekends of my life, I had a freaking blast. So damn glad I got to spend that time with Jake and bummed we never got to getting together again.

I only got to be around him once and it was like we had been friends forever.

A very special person gone too soon

I only got to be around him once and it was like we had been friends forever.

A very special person gone too soon

Yea I played 1 round with him and a couple of his buddies. I was nervous but he made me feel welcome. Great guy and a heck of a player.

Think about Jake and the time we spent together at the 10th anniversary MC often.

love seeing this thread still going. testiment to how much of an impact he had

While moving some stuff around today. I saw my P4B pin. Didn't get a chance to meet you, but your presence it still felt on this forum.

IMG_0885.jpg

I came across this at Bakker Crossing on Sunday...

all the MC greatness had me
going thru pictures today and man its nothing but smiles from Jake in each picture

missing ya jake and felt right to bump this thread as the MC heads into Sunday.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jake one time at an outing in PA.. it was brief but it’s always great to put a face to a name.

Since we’re at #TheMorganCup and knowing that the event us coming back and something that helps his legacy live on makes my heart full

I’m not sure what to say. But it’s day one of the MC. Jake was my MC Captain. Emotions and memories...

I think about him every day. It’s hard not to when your son is named for him haha. But when MC time is around it is definitely more then usual. You know he is watching and loving every minute.

I wore his pin during my round yesterday. He was an amazing THPer and a great guy in general!

Man he is definitely missed...but know one thing he is looking down at all of you from above!!!

Man, I just read through this and it hurts. I’ve always wondered to myself with how long THP has been around with as many members as it has if we’ve seen forum members pass.

This is what the Morgan Cup is about and what THP experiences are about. Creating a memory for everyone there to share, and to share with the entire forum. Legacies live on through these events. I never knew Jake but I promise as long as I frequent this forum I won’t let anyone forget him.

I miss that dude a lot. I think about him every time I pass the plaque that was placed by our home courses 11th hole tee box in memory of him.

I miss that dude a lot. I think about him every time I pass the plaque that was placed by our home courses 11th hole tee box in memory of him.
I keep a P4B pin on my bag and think about him often. It was sad for quite some time but now I try to cherish the memories and remember all the fun he brought to THP!

As the Morgan Cup approaches, I wanted to kick this thread to the top for a moment.

I was never blessed with the opportunity to meet Jake personally, but it’s impossible to not have been impacted in some way by him on the forum and through those he got to share his time with. He was the 2018 Morgan Cup captain for team Hackers and a legend during his time here.

I hope his memory lives on as we enter another Morgan Cup. Cheers to Jake.

#King2.jpg

Back