Radiman's Ramblings. My Life, My Game, and My Grandaddy Prep

Great intro and great swing! Looking forward to your following along with you at the GD!

I cannot explain why it would have anything to do with the Grandaddy or this Golf Forum. Still, I'm glad you showed the demo rig and gave some work history.
In some ways the eSport Varsity Team HS Programs threw me off. I know that isn't on you radiman, but took me a while to warm up to the idea.

You have to go where the interest is , and I've wasted many hours on gaming entertainment myself. I got back into golf to get outside and enjoy a more personal social network.
However, I cannot deny that the skills are transferable and increasingly sought after. I believe I'd support it.

I cannot explain why it would have anything to do with the Grandaddy or this Golf Forum. Still, I'm glad you showed the demo rig and gave some work history.
In some ways the eSport Varsity Team HS Programs threw me off. I know that isn't on you radiman, but took me a while to warm up to the idea.

You have to go where the interest is , and I've wasted many hours on gaming entertainment myself. I got back into golf to get outside and enjoy a more personal social network.
However, I cannot deny that the skills are transferable and increasingly sought after. I believe I'd support it.

Haha. Just trying to share as much as I can. Golf, work, and life in general. Being new to these parts, I want people to have a general understanding on me.

On eSPorts. I am young enough to have grown up with video games (got our first NES when I was 5), and old enough to be out of touch on the eSport craze. I don't get why someone would want to pay money to watch someone else play a video game. But, I have come to the realization that it's like any other sport. You can go out and play yourself, but sometimes, you just want to see the best of the best go at it.

I am torn on whether or not it is healthy for kids though to play some of these games. I know that I cannot envision myself letting my kids play some of these games. The social aspect scares me a bit. A friend of mine is living through a real life nightmare in that regard with his daughter.

Great job with the prep thread so far. Looking forward to seeing how everything looks right at the time of the event. Good luck!

Haha. Just trying to share as much as I can. Golf, work, and life in general. Being new to these parts, I want people to have a general understanding on me.

On eSPorts. I am young enough to have grown up with video games (got our first NES when I was 5), and old enough to be out of touch on the eSport craze. I don't get why someone would want to pay money to watch someone else play a video game. But, I have come to the realization that it's like any other sport. You can go out and play yourself, but sometimes, you just want to see the best of the best go at it.

I am torn on whether or not it is healthy for kids though to play some of these games. I know that I cannot envision myself letting my kids play some of these games. The social aspect scares me a bit. A friend of mine is living through a real life nightmare in that regard with his daughter.

My first gaming system was a Bally’s. Probably way before your time. I was never any good with them but they were fun. They are on a different universe now. Glad I lost interest, I can go down rabbit holes.

Gotta get caught up on these "road to the grandaddy" threads to learn a little more about you guys (as a hopeful teammate too!)

Tech, along with many other fields just baffles me.. may as well be speaking Martian haha but with the increased tech development getting into that field could be such a lucrative career, and hopefully something someone would be passionate about

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My first gaming system was a Bally’s. Probably way before your time. I was never any good with them but they were fun. They are on a different universe now. Glad I lost interest, I can go down rabbit holes.

Our games where tame compared to what they have nowadays. Guys don't even remember Tron and Space Invaders and the like. :alien2:

Our games where tame compared to what they have nowadays. Guys don't even remember Tron and Space Invaders and the like. :alien2:

Joust, Asteroids and Galaga were in my wheelhouse.

Joust, Asteroids and Galaga were in my wheelhouse.
I love joust! Have you tried to play any of those really old games recently? Like riding a bike!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dude, this is the first time I've even heard of a Bally's! I vaguely remember our Atari. That's as far back as my gaming memory goes.

Dude, this is the first time I've even heard of a Bally's! I vaguely remember our Atari. That's as far back as my gaming memory goes.

I am not sure where my dad got it, but I vividly remember it. A poor mans atari....

I am enjoying reading all the back stories and the thoughts - will definitely make the live update thread so much more interesting!

Good luck and keep the journey posts coming!

Pong was the first home video game I had. Enthralling.

I think the first arcade game I played was either Breakout or Asteroids. Then, Missile Command, Space Invaders and Galaga. The entertainment value of a quarter was high in the late mid to late 70s, early 80s.

Had a really really solid range session tonight. Focus was keeping my arms from running out past my shoulders and "covering the ball" with my chest at Impact.

The shot shape of the day was a flighted fade with the 6 iron. Felt great.

My first was a ColecoVision! Played a lot of Smurfs when I was 6 and 7.

New box shipping out today. X299 chipset. Intel i9 X series processor. 4 RTX 2080 TI cards in it. With 128gb Ram.

0ea93c483dfb51feeb797606cfae4787.gif

New box shipping out today. X299 chipset. Intel i9 X series processor. 4 RTX 2080 TI cards in it. With 128gb Ram.

0ea93c483dfb51feeb797606cfae4787.gif

That is badas$

That is badas$

It is pretty sweet. They aren't linking the cards together like I think they should. But, it's going to a research center at a regional university. So, I don't know what their final plans for it are.

I've got a 4 man scramble on the schedule for today. My friend and I are going to play 9 holes before to get warmed up, then I have my 9 hole league right after the tournament.

Thankfully, my back is holding up incredibly well this year. I could barely finish 18 holes last season let alone play 36 in one day.

One the season wraps up here, I'll be hitting the gym on the regular again. Compound lifts have worked wonders for my game the last couple of years. Squats and deadlifts have stabilized my core and lower body allowing me to swing harder and remain somewhat balanced.

I typically stop going during the season as I tend to get very stiff depending on the intensity of the workout. With a short season, I try and get out when the opportunity presents itself and can't really plan ahead days in advance.

Anyways, the scramble I got recruited for isn't really a money maker. $65 to get in and first place will net me $50. But, it'll be fun to spend the day with friends!

I had somehow missed the part about you growing up in a small town. Mine was about 3 times as big as yours, yet we still didn't have a stop light. Graduating class was 35. Lots of things I miss about living in a small town.

I had somehow missed the part about you growing up in a small town. Mine was about 3 times as big as yours, yet we still didn't have a stop light. Graduating class was 35. Lots of things I miss about living in a small town.

Wow, 35! My graduating class was 500!

Wow, 35! My graduating class was 500!
I want to say we graduated 76 in our class. Moorhead is closer to 450 now though. I went to a rural school.

Back