Radio Playing on the course

mikeg_74

2015 #TheGrandaddy Alum & 2019 #AssCap
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love music on the course, I will defer to my group, but if I had a choice music will be playing.

millsan1

I love me some me
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m finding more and more players on the course listening to radios/music. I personally don’t like it. I don’t mind if someone has an earphones in so no one can hear, us others are playing it out loud and you can hear it on the course.

What’s everyone’s view on the topic?
Not a fan of listening to other people's music blaring on the course, it's just rude.

I do like ot listen to tunes at times, but I keep the volume level low.

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
To each his own. As long as it is not too loud, obnoxious or offensive, I have no problem.

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I play music almost every round, but try to keep it at a respectful level and I am certainly okay if others play music as well. I try to play music that most is acceptable to most ears as well.

Mikey D

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Speaker's always clipped to my bag. The normal crew I play with all enjoy listening to tunes while we play. Other than country, I enjoy an eclectic mix of music (anything from 80s smash hits to Iron Maiden and everything in between), so I'm always switching up what we listen to. I always keep it to reasonable volume so you can still hear it but carry on a conversation and also not to disturb others. The few times I've been paired with people I don't know, I always ask if they're ok with music before turning the speaker on. Haven't had anyone tell me no yet.

jlew2144

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Play it in my cart every round. When paired up with other folks, I always make certain to ask if it will bother them. If the answer is yes then I always turn it down as we head up to the tee box or the green. Rest of the time it's being played at a reasonable level.

greekelite

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I play it frequently as well, but not to an absurd volume it would bother other groups. I also check with my group first if they mind, and usually ask what they like to listen to

Often ends up being classic rock

TheHammer0711

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
not a fan but as long as it's within reason then i don't care. but i have also been on courses where i can hear music from the group in front of us and the group behind us....lol...like dueling radios

Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
Hate it! Made a thousand times worse if that music is some country shite, as often seems to be the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tahoebum

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.1
I like it with my regular group because they have the same taste in music and they play at a level where other groups don’t hear it. I don’t like it when I can hear music I don’t like from another group 40 yards away.

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putting
No issue with it as long as it is played at a reasonable volume. I usually play it on my cell phone when I go out for a solo round. The only time I can hear it is while pushing my cart or am within a couple of yards of it.

cbaker2882

#teamneversleep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t set it up myself, but I enjoy it when others do. As long as it’s not blaring or it feels like it’s really distracting others, it’s a nice add to the round.

BuckNasty

Nastiest Hater
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
playing music on a beach is acceptable, but definitely not on a golf course
Even playing music on the beach is scrutinized, I go to Aruba almost every year and there is always quite a few groups of people scrutinizing the type and level of volume.

With regards to the course, I don’t mind as long as it’s as a respectable level. I play music here and there, but keep the volume to a level where I can’t hear it more than 30 feet away.

Last edited:

millsan1

I love me some me
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

doctormizuno

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just started listening to music on the course. My friends don’t mind. I play their
Requests. I found its more relaxing and I’m not concentrating on golf steady for
4.5 hours.

Mr Moke

Low class golfer.
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
High teens
Music? Who’s music? Everyone has different tastes, for someone to assume their music would be appealing to others is the height of arrogance. Please spare me, I’d rather listen to the wind or the ringing in my ears.

MNMarc

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I play it just loud enough for our cart after asking my playing partner(s). We’re not playing in the Masters so have a little fun!

Stryker

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I am one of those guys playing music on the course. I am however conscious about how loud I play it and lower it or mute all together when others are nearby.

YukonLiving

2019 Small Batch
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I don’t mind it, so long as it’s played at a reasonable volume. I’m not going to bring my own though, and I doubt any of my playing partners would either.

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m finding more and more players on the course listening to radios/music. I personally don’t like it. I don’t mind if someone has an earphones in so no one can hear, us others are playing it out loud and you can hear it on the course.

What’s everyone’s view on the topic?
It is disrespectful to the game and poor golf etiquette.

Parrot

I can play a lot better than this but I never do
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I enjoy the quiet. I have plenty of other times when I can listen to music.

Muchmore18

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
When I'm by myself I listen to music and always make sure to turn it down if anyone is even relatively close to me. What I have started doing this last season though is, still by myself that is, listening to sports radio or sports podcasts. Listening to the Dan Patrick Show or the No Laying Up podcast really keeps me relaxed during the round. I'm focused more on what I'm listening to than overthinking my next shot. Played some great golf while I've been doing that.

doctormizuno

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I agree with a lot of the others. I like it. Reasonable volume, especially if it’s older
country.

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7

I was told I could listen to my radio at a reasonable volume.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in