Radio Playing on the course

GolferDad66

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m finding more and more players on the course listening to radios/music. I personally don’t like it. I don’t mind if someone has an earphones in so no one can hear, us others are playing it out loud and you can hear it on the course.

What’s everyone’s view on the topic?

Honestly...I play music on a speaker all the time. I try to keep it low enough that it’s not noticeable to others. I hear other’s people music on the course all the time. It doesn’t bother me, as long as it’s not obnoxiously loud.

I don’t care for it, sort of cuts down on the social aspect of the game. It’s hard to carry on a conversation when music is blaring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never played it, and didn't particularly like it being played... until this year.

Wednesday club skins is an informal and fun get together and I just started participating this season. When guys played music, I was at first taken back a little but didn't at all feel the urge to protest.

In short order I was neutral to it.

...now I like it, LOL.

Other than skins, I'll only play music when playing alone (or if a playing partner states they prefer it) and I don't listen too loudly. Even then, I'll lower it more when within earshot of others.

I do not play music on course, but thinking on it. As I play with random groupings some people do not share the same views.

I don't mind it. Seems to lighten to mood for a lot of people, and we usually have a speaker in the cart playing something.

That said, if you're talking to me and my head is anywhere near being inside the cart, I can't hear a single thing you're saying. That's not always awesome. So I tend to just not sit in the cart other than when it's in motion.

I also really enjoy playing by myself so there is no noise other than the ones I'm making...

I think there's room for all of it.

I always have my speaker clipped to my bag. I’m a fan of music or a podcast on the course.

I don’t really mind either way. I don’t usually listen to music on the course unless I’m playing in a relaxed scramble. That’s usually the only time I’ll have a drink on the course as well.

Personally not a fan, but it isn't something I have heard on courses I have played over here

When I am out on the golf course I want to enjoy it without having to listen to someone elses choice of music

Hell yes.

Love music on the course, it just adds to the enjoyment.

Funny thing is, I still hear all those nature sounds too! ;)

I enjoy music on the course. Just because you have music playing doesn't mean it has to be so loud that you can't carry a conversation. I have never found it distracting when I hear a cart on an adjacent hole with music. Constant noise doesn't get me.

I am fine with you playing music on the course.....as long as its low enough it doesn't bother me. I am there for the game and conversation between shots. and then to just walk to my ball enjoying the quiet.....til the sirens start cause i play in Dallas

Not a fan but that’s probably because most groups here have it so loud it can be heard 3 fairways over and they don’t turn it down when they roll up on another golfer. It’s bad enough they’re all obnoxiously loud anyway. Now I gotta listen to crappy music also

I’m finding more and more players on the course listening to radios/music. I personally don’t like it. I don’t mind if someone has an earphones in so no one can hear, us others are playing it out loud and you can hear it on the course.

What’s everyone’s view on the topic?
I'm good with it at a reasonable volume, and something that's tolerable.

If I'm 50 feet away from the cart and can still easily hear the music, I think it's too much.

I really like it, but don't play my music loud enough other groups can hear it.

I'm okay with it, but don't want to hear it across the fairway.

I'm good with it at a reasonable volume, and something that's tolerable.

If I'm 50 feet away from the cart and can still easily hear the music, I think it's too much.
Psh.

I have played with you in situations that state otherwise.

Granted, you were pouring drinks and @ddec was being a bad influence.

Psh.

I have played with you in situations that state otherwise.

Granted, you were pouring drinks and @ddec was being a bad influence.

yeah but that cart was bumpin' bro

I love music on the course and honestly prefer it. Not sure why so many are bothered by it but hey everyone has their own thing

I prefer it, but it's definitely something where you have to know your audience. I know who I can play music around and who prefers I don't so I think as long as you are respectful of what others prefer then I see no problem with it.

Not a big fan, but I won't say no if someone asks to play some. Everyone thinks they have great taste in music ;)... that tends to be my biggest hangup.

playing music on a beach is acceptable, but definitely not on a golf course

I enjoy listening to music while playing. It is all about respect on the course though. Some have it and some don't.

Back