Rahm’s contract extension with Callaway includes equity

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
I’m not sure if this ever happened before, but Rahm signed a long term extension with Callaway including equity

Thoughts?

👏 It’s been quite a partnership. Hope to see the success continue!

He has earned it

Don’t DJ and Bryson have equity in LA Golf?

I just read an article about this a little while ago. Good for Rahm, and good for Callaway. I'm sure equity is a very nice perk to have!

I mean he clearly likes his Callaway equipment. Why not get paid big bucks to use it. I would like to see them not be forced into using the latest and greatest. But put an emphasis on using the equipment they want to use. I think people would be surprised on what price range clubs pros end up using day in and day out. Or perhaps not, and they used the latest and greatest every time. Just depends on where your comfort level lays.

I had no idea they offered/got equity in these kind of deals, though I suppose we've seen it in MLS deals as an example. Definitely aligns interests even more in growing the brand.

Besides the equity, are the deals of the contract disclosed? I.e., how much is the contract worth in years and money?

Besides the equity, are the deals of the contract disclosed? I.e., how much is the contract worth in years and money?
The article I read didn't disclose specific terms, it just said that he "has signed a long-term extension that includes an equity stake in Topgolf Callaway brands". It says "Rahm will continue to play a full bag of Callaway and Odyssey equipment, wear Callaway headwear, TravisMathew apparel and footwear, and champion Topgolf's global golf entertainment venue business - Topgolf Callaway Brands Corp."

Wow. Equity in Callaway? I bet its a nice chunk too. Breaking new ground here John...

Equity stake in Callaway? Meh. I got a free Taylormade coupon for joining Golfnow. Take that John Rahm!!

Pretty smart of him and his agent to get as much as they can. ;) It's actually smart of the sponsor to include equity so the player has even more motivation for the brand to succeed.

Back