Rahm to Callaway?

I mean, I definitely get the appeal. Dude has an awful lot of win potential as his upside.

That in mind, he's about as personable on course as a bee hive, and isn't exactly winning any awards for best interviewer or most likely to spring break with out there. What exactly does that do for a brand? I'd double down on Xander, personally.

it feels like “if we don’t, someone else will.” he’s not cool. he doesn’t fit the lifestyle brand. and he complains so much. that’s just not a guy i want rep’ing my brand on a sunday, particularly if things don’t go his way and he starts in on the histrionics.

he also slams clubs and acts like a b**** while on course..

I get that wins relate to relevance, but I would absolutely not want that dude repping my brand. No chance.
Tiger did the same thing..

He and Phil will make some great commercials.

Thats a solid answer, and I don't feel all that different. I guess I just want to see Rahm put it behind him and grow a little. Maybe that's too generous.
I'd love to see that. There's no reason why a guy can't grow and learn. Hell, look at how many redo's Tiger has had.

I can only think this is a play on his upcoming major winning potential. They have guys winning tournaments, leading each week in the putter count, but the “major” cupboard has been dry for a while. Seems like a reach but time will tell

Tiger did the same thing..
I'm not sure I follow this line of thinking.

...does that make it okay? You don't have to go very far back in my posting history to see me badmouth Tiger for slamming a club (at the Masters). It's pathetic. Slamming a club more than once every four months or so is pathetic, especially from a "professional" golfer.

it feels like “if we don’t, someone else will.” he’s not cool. he doesn’t fit the lifestyle brand. and he complains so much. that’s just not a guy i want rep’ing my brand on a sunday, particularly if things don’t go his way and he starts in on the histrionics.
hahaha, that is an incredibly good point.

It's not like you can dump Rahmer into Travis Mathew or Cuater apparel. He comes nowhere close to coming off in the same vibe.

I think JT slams the club about as hard as anyone out there. Plenty of torque into that turf.
Comparing JT to Rahm from a 'throws tantrums and club slams' perspective is wildly off base as far as I am concerned.

JT has definitely had his moments, like most pros have.
Rahm has his 'moments' every single effing round.

Rahm is currently #2 in the world
Xander is currently #7
you have to go way down the list to find another relevant player on team Callaway. I don't mind this pick up for them.

Free agency is always fun. Rahm isn’t my favorite guy, but Callaway needs a huge talent and he has it.

I'm not sure I follow this line of thinking.

...does that make it okay? You don't have to go very far back in my posting history to see me badmouth Tiger for slamming a club (at the Masters). It's pathetic. Slamming a club more than once every four months or so is pathetic, especially from a "professional" golfer.

Absolutely not. But would you say no to tiger repping your brand? Bryson to a slightly lower degree does the same thing? It is the fan that cares about those things. It help us cheer for one a small jeer another.

. not a brand.

Comparing JT to Rahm from a 'throws tantrums and club slams' perspective is wildly off base as far as I am concerned.

JT has definitely had his moments, like most pros have.
Rahm has his 'moments' every single effing round.

Little exaggerated I think about every single round but I get it. He may be leading JT but it’s close. Neither here nor there......splitting hairs. Rambo is young and is learning the ways of the pro. He’ll get there.

Rahm is currently #2 in the world
Xander is currently #7
you have to go way down the list to find another relevant player on team Callaway. I don't mind this pick up for them.

This was my point earlier.. of any pro golfer if they were all free agents top 3 i as a brand would chase..

DJ
Bryson
Rahm

in that order..

Absolutely not. But would you say no to tiger repping your brand?
I think Tiger is an impossible comparison.

He not only won excessively, he moved the needle like no one else... ever. He convinced millions of people that not having a pulse on the golf course was a perfectly fine thing to do, and that a cheeky smile and a stock response was enough. Tiger's on course antics on anyone in golf now would be flamed aggressively.

Also, I think he's improved massively. At this point, for what I would assume to be a discounted rate, I'd put Tiger on my staff for the appearances alone.

Free agency is always fun. Rahm isn’t my favorite guy, but Callaway needs a huge talent and he has it.

do they? they’re crushing it in sales, right? despite tm paying out the a$$ for the best players in the world. it seems like the product speaks for itself. yes, you want bags and logos splattered on tour. but it doesn’t have to be awkwardly covering every big name if the clubs are damn good.

I think Tiger is an impossible comparison.

He not only won excessively, he moved the needle like no one else... ever. He convinced millions of people that not having a pulse on the golf course was a perfectly fine thing to do, and that a cheeky smile and a stock response was enough. Tiger's on course antics on anyone in golf now would be flamed aggressively.

Also, I think he's improved massively. At this point, for what I would assume to be a discounted rate, I'd put Tiger on my staff for the appearances alone.

For sure. I was talking prime tiger not worn down teeth tiger.

I think that’s all you can do. Because he is Nike logo’d, monster staff bag and a different logo on the rolling ball. For the absurd amount TM gave him, they have to get the most out of the small amount of appearance days.

I can’t speak on Rahm here. But it’s a fun time in golf equipment world

Little exaggerated I think about every single round but I get it. He may be leading JT but it’s close. Neither here nor there......splitting hairs. Rambo is young and is learning the ways of the pro. He’ll get there.
Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing splitting hairs about the two of them. It's not close.

And 26 years of age is a bit old to be throwing full on tantrums on tour let alone the golf course. I learned that lesson when I was 14 at best.

Reach to sign the number 2 player in the world? #CMonMan

no just a reach in the sense of maybe overreacting to a major drought for the brand. I agree signing the #2 player in the world isn’t a bad thing.

Back