hope he can get back before the US Open
They said he has to isolate for 10 days and get a negative test before he can return. Assuming a negative test, he’ll be able to return on the Tuesday before the U.S. Open.

Just ridiculous - that we're all still forced to play along with this charade. All it was was the last year's "flu", with a different, scarier name. Rahm got shafted. :confused:

Rahm agreed to play in a tournament with strict rules about testing. He knew the terms when he teed it up Thursday. I hate it for him, but it is what it is.

I think back to all the players over the years who have been dq’ed over arcane rules buried deep in the RoG. One can argue that it’s unfair, but golf has always been serious about its rules and for this tournament the rule was test positive and be withdrawn.

I’d also argue that very few people would be upset with Rahm’s dq if he had made the cut on the number and was running 33rd.

Just saw this on Twitter myself.
Crazy to me that they are still testing daily. Curious if this affects anyone else

No @Northerner - its not the flu. If you had family members die from it, and one still sick-going on 3 months, you might think otherwise.

That said, Rahm did get shafted a bit, but he also has himself to blame. The vaccine was available to him many months ago. He could have taken it and been playing today. Instead he ran the risk of exposing his wife and new baby to it, or other people because of his ignorance. That's what happened to my wife's aunt, a healthcare worker (who should have taken the vaccine but didn't) visited my wife's aunt - exposed her (Aunt had COPD) and she died within 3 days of exposure. covid took over her lungs quickly; thursday she''s fine, Monday she passed. The "flu"? I don't think so.

Apparently you are very lucky that you haven't had any loved ones die from it. But it is deadly; more deadly than the "flu". I do encourage you and any holdouts to get the vaccine - could save your life and possibly those you come in contact with. No one bats an eye from taking measles vaccines - measles kills, causes birth deformities . Not sure what the objection is here. the vaccine saves lives. Plain and simple. then we all can go about our lives back to some normality.

We all make choices daily and sometimes those choices do not work out. C'est la vie. Let's move on.

If he was not vaccinated, then I have absolute no sympathy for him. If he was vaccinated, then it’s extremely unfortunate.

Either way, the PGA handled it poorly. He should have been told in private and not on National TV.

They should have let him play solo and finish the last round. He would have had to play pretty poorly to not finish on top.

For those that still just call this another flu, look at the death statistics.
In 2019, there were 1.8 deaths from the flu for every 100,000 cases (https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D99F210)
The death rate for Covid in the United States is currently 178 for every 100,000 cases (https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_deathsper100k)

I’m just presenting the facts here I’m not here to argue or turn this into a Covid discussion.

There is nothing you can say or show people - you will not persuade. Stats don't matter, which is the reason I said, "Let's move on" It's a rabbit hole.

No @Northerner - its not the flu. If you had family members die from it, and one still sick-going on 3 months, you might think otherwise.

That said, Rahm did get shafted a bit, but he also has himself to blame. The vaccine was available to him many months ago. He could have taken it and been playing today. Instead he ran the risk of exposing his wife and new baby to it, or other people because of his ignorance. That's what happened to my wife's aunt, a healthcare worker (who should have taken the vaccine but didn't) visited my wife's aunt - exposed her (Aunt had COPD) and she died within 3 days of exposure. covid took over her lungs quickly; thursday she''s fine, Monday she passed. The "flu"? I don't think so.

Apparently you are very lucky that you haven't had any loved ones die from it. But it is deadly; more deadly than the "flu". I do encourage you and any holdouts to get the vaccine - could save your life and possibly those you come in contact with. No one bats an eye from taking measles vaccines - measles kills, causes birth deformities . Not sure what the objection is here. the vaccine saves lives. Plain and simple. then we all can go about our lives back to some normality.

Correct. Without this getting in any way political (I personally don’t give a flying about it one way or another, I’ll get or I won’t, but it’s not the flu), I 100% agree. I’ve lost people I’ve known from it. I’ve lost people I loved from it.

One was my age and healthy.

I’ve given thousands of doses of the “vaccine” personally. That’s all I’ll say on it here but PM me if you’d like to discuss.

This could cost him over a million dollars. I bet he is pissed at the person that exposed him. I wish him a speedy recovery.

For those that still just call this another flu, look at the death statistics.
In 2019, there were 1.8 deaths from the flu for every 100,000 cases (https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D99F210)
The death rate for Covid in the United States is currently 178 for every 100,000 cases (https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_deathsper100k)

I’m just presenting the facts here I’m not here to argue or turn this into a Covid discussion.
I don't think it was just "another flu". I believe (and this is just a theory) that the actual flu of the last year was renamed "Covid" (for a whole bunch of reasons we can't get into here).

And it's just my theory. It kind of would explain why there were next to no deaths from the flu last year.

Just my view. I know most of you want to put my on blast for having a differing opinion, but I don't care. It's just an opinion.

I don't think it was just "another flu". I believe (and this is just a theory) that the actual flu of the last year was renamed "Covid" (for a whole bunch of reasons we can't get into here).

And it's just my theory. It kind of would explain why there were next to no deaths from the flu last year.

Just my view. I know most of you want to put my on blast for having a differing opinion, but I don't care. It's just an opinion.
Here are some facts on the 2020-21 flu - you can believe what you want. I’m just presenting the facts from vetted Resources.

Rules are rules, and in golf you play by them, especially on the pro circuits. The guy caught it, and paid the price.

Now the question I might have, is how many other tournament players, if any, were exposed to him, and are still playing?

As I understand it, getting vaccinated doesn't keep you from catching the virus. It just helps to keep you out of the hospital with less serious symptoms. Being vaccinated, and having the virus, still means you can transmit the virus to others. Even others who are vaccinated.

Originally, I said the Tour should create their rules and stand by them. I don’t know what to think now. It seems like there has to be a way for Rahm to wear a mask or something and play solo to finish. I don’t know, it’s just a crappy situation.

Ok let’s not turn this into a flu vs Covid thread

I feel for Rahm here. He's still looking for a W this year despite some stellar play. Would have probably meant a lot for his confidence to dominate the field just 2 weeks before a major.

There are people that simply must turn every thread into nonsense. If it continues, just find another forum.

This won’t be a vaccine vs not and why thread

It really sucks that Rahm is out of the tournament but they have protocols they follow. It opens them up for liability issues if something happens if he continues to play.

Back