So today marks eight days since Rahm tested positive and was forced to withdraw from the Memorial. On Golf Central, they just reported that he has had two negative tests within the last 24 hours and is cleared to play in the US Open.

I’m no medical expert, does this thing completely run its course and clear your body within 7 days or less? Is it possible that he had it last Saturday and now doesn’t have it a week later? Or is it more likely that he was forced to withdraw over a bogus positive test?

@Snowman. I'm not sure about the virus clearing your body in 7 days. But supposedly (and I'm no expert) from what I read after a 7-10 day period you should no longer be infectious.

As I understand the tests, the players get a quick test daily (but it is only like 70% accurate). If the test is positive, then they do a full test on the specimen that is highly accurate. That's what you had here, Rahm initial test was positive, so they conducted the full test which took till the end of the round Saturday.

Nah, something's fishy, he's still positive I'd bet, but they're not having a US Open without #3 so he gets a pass, if it was Brendan Steele he'd be off the tour for a month.

• Mind Blown
Reactions: JB
Rahm is ready to go! His attitude, at least from the quotes in this article, is admirable considering what could have been a very negative outlook after this ordeal.

Rahm is ready to go! His attitude, at least from the quotes in this article, is admirable considering what could have been a very negative outlook after this ordeal.

Great attitude there. No excuses, and fully aware of the rules. Sounds like he was also most worried about getting his kid infected, and not being able to see his parents when they visited for the 1st time in a year. Glad to see he is able to be back in the field this week, and I might root for him a little extra now.

So today marks eight days since Rahm tested positive and was forced to withdraw from the Memorial. On Golf Central, they just reported that he has had two negative tests within the last 24 hours and is cleared to play in the US Open.

I’m no medical expert, does this thing completely run its course and clear your body within 7 days or less? Is it possible that he had it last Saturday and now doesn’t have it a week later? Or is it more likely that he was forced to withdraw over a bogus positive test?
He has been tested daily I believe. So he would have tested positive until the negative test.

after reading the article below....Rahm revealed that he was vaccinated just before the Memorial, but he was still within the period for him to be considered "fully vaccinated". That triggered the testing....but since he did not have a fully protected immune system (yet), he contracted it. thus positive tests. The vaccine most likely lessoned his affects, so his body cleared it faster than had he not had the vaccine in his system.

(i'm not a medical doctor, but that is how I understand the situation)

He comes off so clueless though. He talks about not wanting to give it to anyone in his family. His reasoning for why he didn't get it sooner- he was focused on the Memorial? He could have gotten it at any point for 3-4 months by now. If you have a family to think about, it seems like it would be more than "it wasn't in my mind." And the whole "well I got the vaccine but it wasn't long enough" doesn't garner much sympathy when it was reactionary to the close contact.

From John Rahm, "“To all the people criticizing the PGA Tour, they shouldn't,” Rahm said. “We are in a pandemic, and even though this virus has very different forms of attacking people, you never know what reaction you're going to get. So PGA Tour did what they had to do ... I've heard a lot of different theories: I should have played alone, I shouldn't have — that's nonsense. The rules are there, and it's clear.”

Looks like Covid guidelines on Tour are changing next month.

'bout time....thank you! The people in-the-know, are doing the correct thing. If you don't believe me, just look at the galleries.

Back