From a FedEx Cup and OWGR perspective, is it just like he didn’t tee it up at all this week?

On keeping on topic. Was driving this morning and listening to XM radio - PGA Tour channel - and had the PGA guy on who had to make the decision on where/how to tell Rahm. Was interesting to hear the dilemma they had. they weren't trying to be insulting to Rahm, but ultimately they decided telling him there before he walked up to other players or going into the scoring table -was the safest for eveyone. it allowed Rahm to put on his mask before coming in contact with other folks.

on the quarantine, he said they are following the CDC rules, not some made up hyper PGA rules.

He would not have had to be tested or contact traced had he gotten the vaccine. This was entirely avoidable had he been vaccinated- it was his choice, one may say his freedom. Others should have the freedom to avoid infection by those that choose not to be vaccinated. We have choices in life and should all live by the consequences of those choices- golf is one of the best games at teaching about choices- and bad breaks as well. This was not a bad break. In this case, Rahm pulled a Jean van de Velde...
That said, I hope he remains symptom free and recovers quickly.

Last edited:
It really sucks that Rahm is out of the tournament but they have protocols they follow. It opens them up for liability issues if something happens if he continues to play.
This is exactly right. Just like every golfer knows the rules to follow on the course they also have rules off the course. He got caught up in that and it's just like if he had signed an incorrect scorecard.

I feel for Rahm. He desperately needed a win for validation especially since his gear change. He will be back.

The rule is foolish. It’s an open air sport. There is zero reason why he can’t play the final round by himself, other than the tours arbitrary rule. And I don’t even like Rahm.

The biggest problem I had was the PGA telling him out in the open for everyone to see and not behind closed doors. Have some class PGA!

The rule is foolish. It’s an open air sport. There is zero reason why he can’t play the final round by himself, other than the tours arbitrary rule. And I don’t even like Rahm.

Of course there’s a reason he can’t play the final round alone: it would mean he was given an exception to a rule that every player has agreed to follow. Might as well let him go out with 15 clubs.

Golf is supposed to be the one sport where the rules are sacrosanct. This is a rule for this season and he’s on the wrong side of it.

I have a big issue with how they informed him. He broke down in national TV. Not the best look honestly

Further, I think they should also not allow cantlay and scottie to play. They were in extreme close contact with Rahm.... To show parity in rules enforcement. Just cause you had Covid doesnt mean you can't get it again. One of my colleagues had it 2x before getting the vaccine..

That said, I wish Rahm a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Puts a new spin on protecting the field

Originally, I said the Tour should create their rules and stand by them. I don’t know what to think now. It seems like there has to be a way for Rahm to wear a mask or something and play solo to finish. I don’t know, it’s just a crappy situation.
Non-vaccinated people should have been required to wear mask at the beginning of the tournament. IMO

Non-vaccinated people should have been required to wear mask at the beginning of the tournament. IMO
What if Rahm was wearing a mask and still tested positive? Then we’re be in this same situation only he would have been wearing a mask.

Going by the CDC guidelines the answer is yes. Kind of crazy.
View attachment 9011651
I’m not going to head down a COVID discussion, but that exact link says those that are vaccinated can resume and those that aren’t it’s their choice if they want to incur the risk…as vaccinated are safe.

His choice as it should be and the tour made their choice.

I’m not going to head down a COVID discussion, but that exact link says those that are vaccinated can resume and those that aren’t it’s their choice if they want to incur the risk…as vaccinated are safe.
What is wrong with my response? I’m just posting what the CDC says. Nothing else - no agenda.

What if Rahm was wearing a mask and still tested positive? Then we’re be in this same situation only he would have been wearing a mask.
Wearing a mask would have let patrons know that he was non-vaccinated and extra caution was necessary while around him. The doctors that informed him of his positive test immediately gave him a mask.

I feel that you're entitled to infect yourself and your family but I draw the line when you start infecting the general public. Infecting patron just might start super speaders and the tour could shut down as a result. IMO

I feel that you're entitled to infect yourself and your family but I draw the line when you start infecting the general public. Infecting patron just might start super speaders and the tour could shut down as a result. IMO
You know brief passing contact outdoors in not an exposure, right?

I am in my truck right now listening to the memorial broadcast. Honestly, it just does not sound right with John Rahm out of it. It goes from being a fun day of golf coverage to just a meh event. I really wish the whole thing would’ve been handled differently all around.

I hope this vaccine superiority complex some are displaying here dissipates quickly. Rahm could have had covid already and felt safe. Or he could have anaphylactic reactions and may not be a candidate for the vaccine.

I hope this vaccine superiority complex some are displaying here dissipates quickly. Rahm could have had covid already and felt safe. Or he could have anaphylactic reactions and may not be a candidate for the vaccine.
I thought I saw that he has received his first dose.

First dose- that’s like van de Velde’s incredible up and down to get into the British Open playoff.

Back