Rain and More Rain

Hmm - I like people who feed me.

Hash, eggs, and English muffins. Maybe some fruit salad, if the kids haven't already eaten it all.

Hash, eggs, and English muffins. Maybe some fruit salad, if the kids haven't already eaten it all.

That's funny - I eat the same thing most days for breakfast.

That's funny - I eat the same thing most days for breakfast.

Weekend lunch is breakfast. That's what Hubby does on Sundays. On Saturdays, I rotate through pancakes, waffles, and French toast.

I usually make frittatas on Sundays. I have a really great frittata pan - makes flipping it easier.

If I still got hungry, I would be wanting to eat that stuff now.

If I still got hungry, I would be wanting to eat that stuff now.

Then it's lucky for you you don't!

frittata,-whole.jpg

Breakfast for lunch is fine, but I can't eat breakfast for dinner.

Me too.

Breakfast for lunch is fine, but I can't eat breakfast for dinner.

I think breakfast for dinner once in a while is fun.

Claire, you need to get one of those pads you can microwave and put on the metal bleachers. Once heated they stay warm for a long time. Lots of those pads being carried into Lambeau Field on Sunday afternoons for games late in the season.

Kevin

I'm going to bake brownies when I get home. I still get hungry.

Claire, you just raised my blood glucose levels 100 mg/dL. :banghead:

You guys think I'm kidding, but it's actually working really well.

You guys think I'm kidding, but it's actually working really well.

What's the secret? Just mind over hunger? I've decided to pig out until after the Packers-Vikings game on Sunday, then I'm trying to lose weight over the Winter. Shooting for 30 to 40 lost pounds by Spring. The first 20 won't be too hard, then it gets difficult.

Kevin

....Claire, you need to get one of those pads you can microwave and put on the metal bleachers. Once heated they stay warm for a long time. Lots of those pads being carried into Lambeau Field on Sunday afternoons for games late in the season.

Kevin

Bun Warmers.:banana:

What is the objective?

To eat less food. I wouldn't mind dropping a few pounds. I don't think I'm overweight or anything, but a little less would be good.

What's the secret? Just mind over hunger?

So far, it appears that way. I still get cravings if I think about food or see something yummy on TV (or here), but I don't get hunger pangs or that empty feeling in my stomach. When I start to think about eating food for the sake of taste, I remind myself that it's not because I'm hungry.

Besides, didn't you just get all excited about a Whole Foods next to your driving range?

Well I didn't say I was going to stop eating altogether. That would be stupid. I don't want to start passing out and stuff. I've just drastically reduced my food intake. Beyond portion control. More like "meal control." I think we would all be surprised at how little food we can get by on.

Harry - Call it what you want - you're on a diet.

If it works for hunger - are you going to try it to control other cravings?

I hadn't really thought about it. I don't really have any other cravings. Just bad habits I can't ditch.

I hadn't really thought about it. I don't really have any other cravings. Just bad habits I can't ditch.

That's what I meant. Cravings was the 2nd word that came to mind so I went with it.

Back