Ramen - What do you like?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey All,

Any of you eat Ramen or the like? Curious how you prepare it, ideas, tips etc..

When I flew to Japan back in December I had something call Daichi (Rich Miso ramen) and it was incredible. I'm trying to find the recipe or something very similar. Apparently it is similar to butter, corn ramen.

When I was stationed in Japan they had snack trucks that drove around to each facility. The Daichi is amazing!!!!!! We have a local Japanese restaurant that serves it and we hit it up regularly.

In SF there are a few Ramen restaurants, and they are popular, especially among the younger population Here is the website to one of them

I freaking love Ramen bowls. Nothing beats the restaurant version but we make them at home occasionally. A soft boiled egg and lots of spice is a must for me.

I love ramen noodles. Typically, I'll eat the Maruchan chicken flavor. After cooking the noodles, I pour out most of the water but save just enough to mix the flavor packet, then add cheese. Delicious, cheesy chicken noodles.

There are a couple of ramen restaurants in St. Louis, but they are 40+ miles from us.

I love ramen noodles. Typically, I'll eat the Maruchan chicken flavor. After cooking the noodles, I pour out most of the water but save just enough to mix the flavor packet, then add cheese. Delicious, cheesy chicken noodles.

There are a couple of ramen restaurants in St. Louis, but they are 40+ miles from us.
You add cheese to ramen?

Below is the ramen I had on the flight to Japan and it was amazing....

5FD1EB8B-8005-488C-BEA6-8DFC5D1BD0B3.jpeg

We have a few Ramen restaurants and I was skeptical at first but I love it.
Love the Pork Belly Ramen with some Sriracha.

When I used to eat Ramen, I would devour the Oriental flavor, but I didn't discriminate. I mean, it's not fine cuisine. I was basically eating it for the salt and soup.

Yep, good stuff. I had a really nice bowl in Vancouver last time I was down... I’ll pass on the soft boiled egg though. Toss in a dash of chilies though.

You add cheese to ramen?
Absolutely. A slice of American melted into the noodles is, well, cheesy noodles. Two slices is even cheesier.

Cheese makes everything better.

The only Ramen I've ever had comes from the orange bricks in the store haha

999EB68F-1A10-4BF5-908F-F272C75A39B0.jpeg
Just made this for lunch.

Nothing wrong with ramen. I haven't had it anywhere but from a store... like the bricks for $0.15 each... or cup o noodles (I know it's not ramen... it's noodles) and the maruchan yakisoba

21C33F09-BFD4-4847-828E-AA55E59E40E8.jpeg
This is what I made, in case anyone was wondering.

Tonkotsu or Shio...can't find any good ramen here in the US, tho...it's just not the same.

Never liked it at home...but ramen restaurants mmmmm always spicy version for me with meats!

While living in Belgium I got on a massive Japanese food kick. I was making my own dashi and making my own sushi rolls.

In the end for my Ramen I always preferred a stupid amount of spiciness and I loved pork or beef.

Pickled vegetables for garnish always did way more than I expected for flavor.

Im a big fan of katsu don or BBQ eel. Eel may be an ugly fish but Japanese BBQ eel is delicious.

Back