Random Annoyances

People that always have to back into a parking space. There are times where this is a good idea like sporting events but not really necessary at the grocery store or Target
People who back into slanted parking spaces and end up facing the wrong way when they pull out.

You're waiting in line to order and the person in front of you pulls out a list/phone and places 7 different orders that have to be paid for separately.

That’s my reason too. While I’m very conscious not to hold anyone up while doing so, backing into the spot provides a more controlled environment in that you already have a great view and sense for where pedestrians and vehicles in motion are. If people are honest, backing out of a spot lends at least some guess work to the scenario at times. Especially during rainy days when windows fog some.

Besides, as a police officer for 20 years I handled lots of vehicle collisions and some pedestrians struck in parking lots. Never once from a car pulling out forward from a spot.
Statistically, the majority of our patrol car collisions were from backing (this was before rear cameras). They harped on it during virtually every training session and occ safety meeting.

The other thing is being on Ring. I get way too many notifications but I can fix that. The neighborhood alerts is always the same thing. I heard a loud bang was that gunshots? You get all these other people saying it was a car backfire or fireworks. I always write in now that it was Hamas. People you live in Arizona you already know what a gunshot sounds like.

It was probably a gunshot! How many cars have you heard "backfire" recently? Come on now! That hasn't really happened since the mid 60's! Unless you live in an area infested wit old car enthusiasts, you are probably safe figuring it to be a gunshot!

It was probably a gunshot! How many cars have you heard "backfire" recently? Come on now! That hasn't really happened since the mid 60's! Unless you live in an area infested wit old car enthusiasts, you are probably safe figuring it to be a gunshot!
The last backfire I heard was from an older Harley. That was 20 years ago.

Back