Random Annoyances

Right! 🤣 they should have been shaking my hand because I didn't lose any!

Our 3 grown kids still tell the funny story of how fast we walked when shopping with them when they were little. They sort of had to run to keep up but it kept them from wandering off. :)

After a “firm” or perhaps not the smoothest landing, which happens every now and then, some passenger feels the need to stick their head in the cockpit and make somy wise ass comment like “must of been a Navy pilot” or “rough night”. How about I come to your job and mock you.
That's ridiculous. Any landing I walk away from is a good landing. At least IMO.

After a “firm” or perhaps not the smoothest landing, which happens every now and then, some passenger feels the need to stick their head in the cockpit and make somy wise ass comment like “must of been a Navy pilot” or “rough night”. How about I come to your job and mock you.

The Navy pilot shot though is hilarious. At least you don’t hear them clap? That’s the freakin worst.

My peeve are people who don’t know how to get off an airplane. What in the absolute hell are y’all doing? You don’t need to stand and wait and clutter the aisle, that only slows it down even more. Two to three rows from you, start unbuckling and gather your stuff up. When you can go, quick grab of your stuff and start walking FFS.
Twenty seconds to grab your stuff when it was already your turn to go? Commeeee onnnnnnn.

Concessions at the movie theater. Seriously have a person back there filling up popcorn bags while you get a drink. Why does the same person have to take order, pour drink, and get popcorn. That is why the line is so long.

The Navy pilot shot though is hilarious. At least you don’t hear them clap? That’s the freakin worst.

My peeve are people who don’t know how to get off an airplane. What in the absolute hell are y’all doing? You don’t need to stand and wait and clutter the aisle, that only slows it down even more. Two to three rows from you, start unbuckling and gather your stuff up. When you can go, quick grab of your stuff and start walking FFS.
Twenty seconds to grab your stuff when it was already your turn to go? Commeeee onnnnnnn.
The clap is sincere appreciation.

How about I come to your job and mock you.
I mean it happens every day to me :ROFLMAO:
It dawns on me that perhaps I should start doing that.

Those who are shopping and take their 1/2 of the aisle out of the middle......... shop as you drive folks.....

Even more of an annoyance are those doing the shopping for online orders and are now lugging around a huge cart that takes up almost the entire aisle.

The ass kisser that thinks it will help them and the person that just laps it up. Funny how they don't see through that. What adult kisses another adults ass? I'm not talking your boss, who we all gotta kiss sometimes.

People who cut in traffic at the last second jumping the other 40 cars in line

I've ordered groceries for delivery 3 times now, and each delivery had problems. I had really bad substitutions and missing items in the first 2 deliveries, but the 3rd delivery was very disappointing. One of the 3 cans of black beans I ordered had significant bulging at the top and bottom of the can. When I opened it, a whoosh of pressure was released and a lot of foam starting pouring out of the top.

This is potentially a lethal condition. I knew enough to discard the can immediately, but some kid might decide to consume the contents one day. I let them know in my review (instead of filing a claim for missed or damage product - that process was cumbersome the last time, and it wasn't worth the $1 or so I spent on the beans...) and made it clear that allowing a can like that on a shelf, or in a bag for delivery, is gross negligence.

People not signaling lane changes.
Seems to be more and more of those around.

The 49ers

The driver who is turning left out of a street or driveway that is 3 vehicles wide, but keeps their right side tires in the curb lane which other people could be using to get around him/her if they were where they should be (in this case there are no lane markings on the asphalt)

the exit to a shopping center that is obviously wide enough to fit 2 cars but doesn't have lines down. The car in front is turning left and in the middle of the road. Nobody can turn right out of the shopping center until the light turns green. It's not that hard!

People not signaling lane changes.
Seems to be more and more of those around.
When I lived in California, not signaling was a defense mechanism. If you signal, the car behind you in that lane will speed up and cut you off.

People who leave the shopping carts anywhere but in the cart return, i mean, i understand you being lazy enough to wait until you get the closest spot, but why just bump the front wheels onto the curb instead of pushing it 3 spots to the return....?

The auto engine shut off that I can't manually turn off. At every freaking red light, traffic jam, and stop sign. Despite the data saying otherwise, I can't wrap my head around how this feature saves me fuel.

Down here, it's called a "Carolina Squat". Totally doesn't make any sense and removes the utility of a truck. Plus the headlights aren't adjusted from their previous setting and blind you as they drive down the road... as they use their LED light bar also.:(

Thank goodness the Carolina Squat is now illegal here in North Carolina.I've seen new trucks that the owners spent tons of money to make them look like :poop:.Now they have to spend more to put them back the same level front to back.

But knives don’t go in the dishwasher. They get washed and dried by hand to help prevent chips and dings. I probably get more annoyed about that than I should
YOU ARE SO RIGHT on this one.....OMG when i open the dishwasher and i see one of my good knives in there....or just lying on the counter.....I wash them by hand, put the cover on them and back in the drawer

When I lived in California, not signaling was a defense mechanism. If you signal, the car behind you in that lane will speed up and cut you off.

That passive-agressive behavior can be dangerous. Glad I am not driving in CA.

The auto engine shut off that I can't manually turn off. At every freaking red light, traffic jam, and stop sign. Despite the data saying otherwise, I can't wrap my head around how this feature saves me fuel.

I thought all cars had override for that function?

I thought all cars had override for that function?

I can get it to turn off while driving, but not permanently (Kia). I've gone through youtube videos and reached out to my dealer for instructions, but I can't seem to shut it down for good.

People who leave the shopping carts anywhere but in the cart return, i mean, i understand you being lazy enough to wait until you get the closest spot, but why just bump the front wheels onto the curb instead of pushing it 3 spots to the return....?
There is a corner of the web dedicated to The Shopping Cart Theory. The theory is flawed but used as a way to determine whether or not people are capable of doing good without any motivation to do so.

Kind of similar to that saying about the real you being who you are when no one is watching.

I got pretty annoyed the other day because all Chicken McNuggets aren't the same shape. The round ones don't dunk as well 😑

Seriously? How can you even eat those things? Please tell me what part of the chicken a "McNugger" comes from!

It also annoys me when people drive the wrong way in a parking lot that is directionally designed

We used to say., "They think it works like a funnel!"

Down here, it's called a "Carolina Squat". Totally doesn't make any sense and removes the utility of a truck. Plus the headlights aren't adjusted from their previous setting and blind you as they drive down the road... as they use their LED light bar also.:(

Back in my day, that was called the "Gangsta Lean"!

People who cut in traffic at the last second jumping the other 40 cars in line

I've seen people ahead spot this in their driver's side mirror and pull out and block half of that lane to keep them there! When that line of traffic starts to move, we won't give an inch! We cruise past them, some of us giving the one finger salute!

It doesn't just happen in California. When my buddy moved to the Pittsburgh area, he still drove by NE Ohio rules. He learned otherwise fairly quickly! Driving to work one morning, he was in the middle lane, passed a car that was in the curb, and signalled his lane change because his exit was coming up! The car that he had passed, a big Mercedes, floored it, but my buddy cut in quickly and the guy hit his brakes and the horn! At the bottom of the exit ramp at the light, this guy rolls his window down and started screaming at my buddy! "Hey! This is a 50 thousand dollar car! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" At that, my buddy rolled down his window and yelled back, "Well, this is a 15 hundred dollar car, and I don't care if I wreck it! So, if you want to play chicken with me, go right ahead!"

Concessions at the movie theater. Seriously have a person back there filling up popcorn bags while you get a drink. Why does the same person have to take order, pour drink, and get popcorn. That is why the line is so long.
And why is the popcorn container the size of a bulk carrier ? And why do you need wine to watch a movie ???? Are you that desperate

Back