Random Music Thread

Hey, @OldeDude my man--thanks for all the recommendations and keeping this thread going. Hope you're doing well!

Have you listened to any math rock? A bright spot of this Shelter-at-Home situation for me is that it has given me some time to get better acquainted with my guitar and I was looking for some unique riffs and styles to try out at home. Got turned on to Y'vette Young through Guitar Magazine (on twitter) and her interesting rhythms and alternative tuning. Didn't even know math rock was a thing until the other day but figured if anyone could point me in the direction of some killer guitarists like this, it's you.

Here's a guitar run down of one of her band's songs if you have no clue what the heck I'm talking about:

Listened to some A Capella and the vocal range of the lead singer is insane. Wait for the last note!

Is that You Mo-Dean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, @OldeDude my man--thanks for all the recommendations and keeping this thread going. Hope you're doing well!
Have you listened to any math rock? A bright spot of this Shelter-at-Home situation for me is that it has given me some time to get better acquainted with my guitar and I was looking for some unique riffs and styles to try out at home. Got turned on to Y'vette Young through Guitar Magazine (on twitter) and her interesting rhythms and alternative tuning. Didn't even know math rock was a thing until the other day but figured if anyone could point me in the direction of some killer guitarists like this, it's you.

Here's a guitar run down of one of her band's songs if you have no clue what the heck I'm talking about:

First things first, I just gotta ask ......... when the heck did you change your user name????

That one sounds good, but no, I never really got into Math Rock. For me it is like a lot of other styles, I here something like what you posted, so look for more like it, and don't find much I like other than a few rare gems, so I end up listening to mostly the old tried and true Blues/Blues Rock. Of course even with the styles I listen to most its sometimes hard to find much new and fresh, but there are always some that I can depend on like these guys:

Kicking it back to middle school for me. Listening to the RHCP "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" album. It was the album that got enormous and rightfully so. Before they got too radio friendly, back when Flea, Chad Smith and John Frusciante were at their funky best!

Today was Pink Floyd Day for me trying to get work done at a moderate pace. Maybe it was inspired by stimulus checks and tax refunds...

First things first, I just gotta ask ......... when the heck did you change your user name????

That one sounds good, but no, I never really got into Math Rock. For me it is like a lot of other styles, I here something like what you posted, so look for more like it, and don't find much I like other than a few rare gems, so I end up listening to mostly the old tried and true Blues/Blues Rock. Of course even with the styles I listen to most its sometimes hard to find much new and fresh, but there are always some that I can depend on like these guys:

Haha, I changed it around the beginning of the year I think. Had a few health struggles at the end of 2019 and I decided that I wanted something fresh, so I ditched KingVeo and went with init.6. Not sure if you're familiar with computers/coding but its an option if you want to shut down and reboot a computer. Kind of like saying, 'let's give it a clean slate & fresh start!'

I get ya on the tried and true, man. I'm a blues guy to the core and love myself some KWS. I've been looking to expand my playing now that I have so much time at home, so I was hoping to get turned on to some stuff I haven't seen before.
I'm back at it listening to these guys today though:

Been watching this kid for a while... This song starts a bit slow but comes alive...

when the video is so bad that you delist it so it won't show up in searches

This came on my Pandora mix the other day, not my favorite Bloodhound Gang song but definitely something to brighten our minds with this COVID-19 stuff.......

Fantastic cover of Rush's Subdivisions by Jacob Moon. Rush liked it so much they asked him to play it at their induction into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame:

Lately for me, I've had Hirotaka Shirotsubaki - August Sky playing in my Winamp from shoutcast. I tend to like easy listening chill type of music when I'm computing... and not listening to THP radio!

Random thoughts....

Van Morrison is eternally underrated.

I can’t get in to modern rock, and frankly it’s daunting to even try.

Why I found the entire catalog of The Band so late in life is a travesty, and the same goes for the Allman Brothers Band.

Guilty Pleasure: The 80’s music ecclecticness has grown on me way too much to admit.

Great song, interesting background behind it, hard video for me to watch:

Currently trying to wade through the **** and find some decent present day rock. Ugh, there’s some bad bad bad stuff.

Back