Random Music Thread

OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
So there is already a "What Are You Listening To" thread, this one is intended to be a bit different. I started a thread like this on another forum over a couple of years ago, and it got a lot of traction (still going), and was pretty fun. Basically it is just as the title says, a place to post random music, maybe something old you haven't listened to in ages, or something new or obscure you would like to share. I usually post the videos when I share music, and will start with a few here.

An all time favorite tune that has been covered by some of the best, Jimi Hendrix's Red House:

I think this may be up your alley @OldeDude! I found them while watching No Laying Ups content.

Good clean sound.

Thinking about my Mom this morning, and she listened to this guy a lot while I was growing up. Probably the only music my parents listened to that I actually liked, he was a great guitarist, a good singer/songwriter, and even though I'm basically a Rock/Blues guy for some reason I like a bunch of his stuff.

Anyone have a favorite/best guitar song?

I don't usually do "best", to much great music to pick from, but favorite, this one is way up there. My all time favorite Keith Richards riff, Mick Taylor's lead is incredible, and it even has the bonus of an outstanding sax lead by Bobby Keys:

I love Alice in chains. especially the stuff you don't hear very often.

Usually Joe Bonamassa tunes are all about his guitar, but you've gotta go with the drums on this one.

Seems odd that I've been hearing this as background in some commercials lately, but then I realized it came out 25 years ago!

I like when a great song is covered well by someone unexpected. I remember the first time I heard this back in the late 90s, never expected to hear Metallica covering a Bob Seger tune, but I like it.

Another one that's been covered so well, by so many, over the years

.......... and of course, the original:

@OldeDude thanks for the Wilbury's. I hadn't thought about them in so long, but they are such a great group of musicians.

An all time favorite!

An interesting cover that I actually like better than the original which I love

Back