Video Range Days: Callaway Epic Forged Irons

Pretty amazing and telling stats right there on the club doing what it claims to do and maybe more. I'm not super surprised that Dan didn't love the way they felt, I haven't hit this version of these but the first iteration of the the Epic irons were so harsh feeling I hated them.

These feel so much different than the OG Epic irons. They are not even comparable. They are not forged blades by any means, but I think Callaway did a great job with the sound/feel, given how much tech is in the package.

These feel so much different than the OG Epic irons. They are not even comparable. They are not forged blades by any means, but I think Callaway did a great job with the sound/feel, given how much tech is in the package.
I agree in comparison to the OG Epics, it’s not close, and I think if the segment still just consisted of the 790’s they’d get a lot more credit in feel/sound, in fact I gave them a lot in my homepage review article. But, since then we have seen HMB and Forged Tec come on and just totally change what we believed a hollow body could sound like.

Great video and write up. I love mine, I think the thing that stands out is the performance, even with my gamer shafts instead of the stock. These aren’t engineered for a particular setup and they provide consistency across a lot of different configurations.

And also, a 200+ yd 6 iron is just nasty.....beast mode!

Great breakdown of the data and allowing analysis of the entire club vs. one specific item errhmmm loft.

I've been gaming these for about a year now. I haven't even thought about trying another iron (probably won't until the next gen comes out).

These have changed the way my bag is set up, course management and my overall game. Distance control is spot on (never thought that would be the case with this type of iron), they hold greens and the consistency is off the charts.

I understand that the price tag will turn a lot of people off, if I didn't play over 75 rounds a year I probably wouldn't have made the investment.

I get the wow factor in the "feeling" of the clubs isn't there. The feel of the club has never been high on my list. I like the results of a club. I get the wow factor when my playing partners are just shaking their head wondering how I just pulled off another shot. ;);)

Very well done, guys. I know the price point will scare some people off (though they are on CPO now!), but awesome job highlighting the performance of these irons. They shine.

Great episode and I'm glad you chose to do one on these irons.

As @Wildcat4life knows I have been interested in these clubs for a while but unlike his 75+ rounds a year I don't play enough to justify that expense. That said the thought of hitting my irons as far as @Jeff Spicoli would be awesome.

Awesome...damn I feel
#GolfNerdy now!!!

Haha! Appreciate you all watching and glad you’re enjoying!

Great video! Really like the story behind the irons...

I’ll take that dispersion, please.

Some BEARDS going on here!!

Great video! Really like the story behind the irons...

I’ll take that dispersion, please.

Some BEARDS going on here!!
I’m going to need August 1 to get here SOON! :ROFLMAO:

That’s the eye opener in it all, that dispersion. And yes, Dan has a repeatable move, but going back through the other episodes of Range a days will show, this dispersion was at the top of the heap, I think it and the MP MB’s were the two tightest groupings he had.

Finished watching last night when I got home. More than enough spin on these irons and descent angles to hold greens. Haven't had any issues with mine at all. One of the best sets of irons I have had.

Good job guys.

Another great episode... If you are a loft jacking truther, you need to watch this.

Dan taking some BIG cracks at those golf balls! Extra long backswings!! Such good irons if I didn’t still have my X Forged.

Damn impressive looking clubs for sure. I haven't hit them but I might need to find some somewhere and give them a try. Nice work gents!

Dan taking some BIG cracks at those golf balls! Extra long backswings!! Such good irons if I didn’t still have my X Forged.

I want a face on view of Dan for these videos... I think he’s past parallel. JK

I want a face on view of Dan for these videos... I think he’s past parallel. JK

We did a video a while back at Mizuno test center and we had the video camera setup dead on looking at @Canadan and he hit over the camera while Vosh did commentary.

We did a video a while back at Mizuno test center and we had the video camera setup dead on looking at @Canadan and he hit over the camera while Vosh did commentary.
6FD45285-BEEF-4D29-A5A5-EAD08FEBB32C.jpeg
This has to be past parallel, @Canadan ?

Probably.

Kind of gross that trying to compact my swing = less accuracy and efficiency.
I’m hoping that this past plane move can hold up under Morgan Cup pressure this year... 😎

Probably.

Seriously, would you say the nature of The Range Days set up, changed the aggressiveness of your swing? Trying to get the most out of your 5 swings?

Seriously, would you say the nature of The Range Days set up, changed the aggressiveness of your swing? Trying to get the most out of your 5 swings?
I've gotten more speed out of my swing over the last year, but I don't think it's reflected in the Range Days data.

Day two was extremely sore after going big during the day one live stream. Slowed me down a bit.
I was also battling some serious right elbow pain, which could have extended that move a bit - don't really remember.

Probably.

It is such a good turn into the backswing. Look at that left shoulder and how the back is turned to the target.

I've gotten more speed out of my swing over the last year, but I don't think it's reflected in the Range Days data.

Day two was extremely sore after going big during the day one live stream. Slowed me down a bit.
I was also battling some serious right elbow pain, which could have extended that move a bit - don't really remember.
I can imagine Day Two was a grind.

Back