Video Range Days: Cleveland UHX Irons

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last year Range Days debuted and the feedback we got was that you wanted to hear more, so it is back, for the 2020 campaign and this time, all about the irons. This series is for those that want to dive deep into the world of equipment, data and design unlike any other video and podcast series out there.

Range Days is not just about showing the data and the swings. In this episode Dan and James break down each strike and explain why the performance you are seeing is taking place and what to expect out of the equipment you are testing.

How does the Cleveland UHX set fare? If you are looking for the most in depth review on the irons, you have come to the right place.

Watch the video above, or if you prefer to get your data and info via podcast, no problem. Subscribe to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting of with a set of irons that I am very interested in! Thanks for the content. Can't wait to watch!

Great "Range Days" guys, really enjoyed it. :drinks:

The UHX irons were already kind of high on my list to hit when I go in for a Club Champion fitting this year, this has probably moved them even higher on my list!

Nice try playing some music close to as smooth as Canadan’s swing. Not sure it got there, but was a nice effort.

I enjoyed the video and I enjoyed the irons. I was surprised at the numbers, honestly. Spin and smash consistency that would make SGI sets jealous. That’s a story in itself.

I liked the short irons quite a bit in this set. Didn’t have a chance to hit them too much with how far back I was haha. If I can add one shot from personal experience back in Hammock, there was a peninsula type par 3, maybe even an island, can’t remember other than there being a lot of water. JB was joking whether more then 50 % of THPers would hit the water. Of course Candan and English Turn are on the green and I’m promising JB I’ll help make his prediction come true. Put a stinky strike on it, waaay off the bottom. No smoosh, guys. Comfortably on the green and putting. I was sure it would be dead in the water. They really are as forgiving as anything.

Also, Jman, really enjoyed your perspective. Great addition to the series!

Really like the hollow body on the long irons blending into the cavity back in the short irons. Add in the V sole, which I love in my Srixons, and these sound like a very intriguing set of irons. They are consistent on good and bad strikes, dont lose much efficiency, and still getting good numbers no matter how it was struck in the face. Plus, i think they look really good as well.

Great work guys!

Good stuff guys! Have been hearing about the awesomeness of UHX since last year and this just proves it. Loved how you showed the forgiveness on both the heel and the toe.

YEEEEEEEAH! The wait is over! I really hope you all enjoy these, lots more to come.

And I really do still want a set if UHX :oops:

Great video guys, well done. Tons of detail.

That was really informative and well done! Hopefully more on the horizon.

Massive forgiveness, way underrated set of irons. Nice job on the video.

Can't wait to get these in my bag. As you guys know I'm a fan of muscleback irons, but having tried these in a limited session I was absolutely blown away.

Good stuff. Thanks guys.

I jumped on this set fairly early. I picked up my set in November and after a little shaft tinkering I really love this set.

To me what sticks out the most is the forgiveness. Its just there in spades. Add in the v sole and it just screams confidence. I also feel its a nice package to look at.

I'm looking forward to watching this one later tonight. There's some serious hype to these irons, I'm excited to see the results.

A well done explanation by @Canadan and @Jman on what appears to be a well design set of irons.
Sometimes, companies get it right, this set of irons looks to be the "Right Stuff"

Great features on the "mishits" as well as the SMUSH! These seem like great irons and you guys really started off the featured range days on the right foot! Interesting that these are performers no matter where the iron is hit. A little loss, but nothing that will hurt as much.

Great job, guys!

After watching the video, I really can’t wait to finally get my new UHXs out on the course this Saturday!!

Great job, guys!

After watching the video, I really can’t wait to finally get my new UHXs out on the course this Saturday!!
Love at first strike, I'm sure!

Great video! The UHX irons look and sound quite impressive.

Great video. Really has me wanting to hit the 4i and see if it helps me solidify @Canadan's 6i distance.

Great features on the "mishits" as well as the SMUSH! These seem like great irons and you guys really started off the featured range days on the right foot! Interesting that these are performers no matter where the iron is hit. A little loss, but nothing that will hurt as much.
Smush factor is high :p

Great video! I was impressed by the UHX irons that I saw in the pro shop. They were wider than I had thought. Cleveland irons are very underrated!

Back