Video Range Days: Cleveland UHX Irons

Great video. Really has me wanting to hit the 4i and see if it helps me solidify @Canadan's 6i distance.
The UHX 4i really has me intrigued. The hollow-body design makes it look almost like a 4h.

Great video guys, really went in depth and talked about each shot, good info, thanks for taking the time to share this!

I know Club Champion only has 6i. But have hit the other clubs in the set? It would be nice to see how the 4i and PW compare, if given the same 5 swings treatment.

enjoyed this one guys. thanks a lot. What I saw pretty interesting as well, was the "smushed" shot had a dynamic loft that was 2-3* stronger than the other shots but launch was staying pretty consistent along with peak heights. Tells me that while yes strike clearly effect distance (ballspeed and all that), loft is obviously only one aspect of the "distance" equation haha.

There's a consistent favorable reception to these irons. Thanks for the info - - good informative video.

Cool insight into these irons! Looking forward to the next one!

There's a consistent favorable reception to these irons. Thanks for the info - - good informative video.
One of the most consistently positive revolving clubs I’ve seen to be honest.

Great discussion guys. I have played the Cleveland HB Launcher irons prior and my biggest issue was the look of the clubs. They just looked like I was hitting all hybrids and were too fat. These look more like you get the technology and still have the more common iron look.

Great discussion guys. I have played the Cleveland HB Launcher irons prior and my biggest issue was the look of the clubs. They just looked like I was hitting all hybrids and were too fat. These look more like you get the technology and still have the more common iron look.
I think these bridge that gap exceptionally well. A ton of tech, but a more comfortable look for many of us. Topline is a little bit square, but beyond that the profile through the set would shock a lot of people. I know it did me.

My set is here, re-shafted and awaiting release of the hounds back to the courses. Love the feel of these and looking forward to the added forgiveness. Also to mention the gaping and feel carried down to the CBX2 wedges perfectly.

Attachments

• 20200404_091054.jpg
    20200404_091054.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200404_091722.jpg
    20200404_091722.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 15
I know Club Champion only has 6i. But have hit the other clubs in the set? It would be nice to see how the 4i and PW compare, if given the same 5 swings treatment.
We had them at a THP event last year where people got a chance to use the full set on the range and golf course.

I'm sure the UHX thread is packed with thoughts on the other clubs.

I would love to win the set being given away Monday!

tumblr_nbgw0nEKnD1rzbj5mo2_250.gifv

Awesome vid guys!

Love that these might get more chatter right now. They seem perpetually under appreciated/talked about. So, so good.

Don’t worry: you’ll be able to try out the 4i & PW the next time we play together.

Great video guys! Thank you for the information

Nice episode. I remember hitting these a few times at Hammock Beach but didn't really give them a chance. From what I recall they had a springy feel off the face and a tingy metallic sound to them.

Nice episode. I remember hitting these a few times at Hammock Beach but didn't really give them a chance. From what I recall they had a springy feel off the face and a tingy metallic sound to them.
Man, I didn’t get any of that from them. In fact, the sound was among the best hollow bodies I’ve hit. P790 I would call metallic, HMB are a little sharp, but the UHX and Forged Tec are unlike any hollow bodies I’ve ever hit.

Man, I didn’t get any of that from them. In fact, the sound was among the best hollow bodies I’ve hit. P790 I would call metallic, HMB are a little sharp, but the UHX and Forged Tec are unlike any hollow bodies I’ve ever hit.
Now I want to hit UHX again. I remember them feeling like how a hybrid feels off the face. To me P790 were very hard, like I was hitting a 200 compression ball. I haven't hit HMB, and Forged Tec felt fairly soft and by far the best hollow body I've tried.

I'm probably one of the most critical people on sound from a hollow body standpoint, and I thought they were above average at WORST. Of the 5-6 hollow bodies we had at that event, I thought they were in the top 50% for sound.

That said, I only spent time with the long irons.

I'm more interested in these clubs than I thought I would be.

The performance off the non center face contact shots is very impressive and we all need so forgiveness in our irons.

Really glad everyone is enjoying this!

Just picked up a set of these and they showed up at my door yesterday. Going to the course for their maiden voyage tomorrow morning.

This video has me almost giddy. Well done guys.

I couldn't find any graphite shafts that I liked so I stuck with steel this time. Might have to throw some recoils in them eventually though.

Just picked up a set of these and they showed up at my door yesterday. Going to the course for their maiden voyage tomorrow morning.

This video has me almost giddy. Well done guys.

I couldn't find any graphite shafts that I liked so I stuck with steel this time. Might have to throw some recoils in them eventually though.
Looking forward to your thoughts!

I'm more interested in these clubs than I thought I would be.

The performance off the non center face contact shots is very impressive and we all need so forgiveness in our irons.
They’re really really solid all around

Back