Video Range Days: Cleveland UHX Irons

Just picked up a set of these and they showed up at my door yesterday. Going to the course for their maiden voyage tomorrow morning.

This video has me almost giddy. Well done guys.

I couldn't find any graphite shafts that I liked so I stuck with steel this time. Might have to throw some recoils in them eventually though.
Nappy!!!

This is pretty exciting. What steel shaft? Whether you give feedback here or in their main thread, tag me!

Great watch @Canadan and @Jman! I gave it a like on the YouTube.

Those are some handsome looking irons, and impressive tech - especially on the mis-hits. I also appreciate that you talked so much about sound. I oftentimes think that’s under appreciated in irons but it’s so integral to the overall “feel”.

Looking forward to more!

Great watch @Canadan and @Jman! I gave it a like on the YouTube.

Those are some handsome looking irons, and impressive tech - especially on the mis-hits. I also appreciate that you talked so much about sound. I oftentimes think that’s under appreciated in irons but it’s so integral to the overall “feel”.

Looking forward to more!

REALLY glad you enjoyed it my friend. There is a lot of tech for the buck in these, that’sfor sure.

To be honest, I was afraid I would get lost in the weeds with all of this information.I have the attention span of an ant. To the contrary I enjoyed it and was surprised by the numbers. Thanks guys.

Nice Range Day video guys. Some interesting data points for sure, especially on forgiveness/ball speed retention away from the middle of the face laterlly. Pretty damn impressive stuff.

Very informative, well done video review, men. Thanks.

To be honest, I was afraid I would get lost in the weeds with all of this information.I have the attention span of an ant. To the contrary I enjoyed it and was surprised by the numbers. Thanks guys.
This is a HUGE part about what we are trying to accomplish with our series.

1- break down the club tech in a way that makes sense (the what and why)
2- show some swings
3- talk about what that club is doing on both good and bad
4- see if the numbers work or what kind of variance there is

That it comes out clean enough to be enjoyed is a great thing!

Thanks to everybody that tuned in

@Canadan

I got them in the stock Dynamic Gold DST 98 shafts. I've been playing Recoil SMACWRAP 780 ES in my M4 irons, so a bit nervous about the switch.

I took them out today, but only for 9 holes. And to be honest I couldn't get a great feel for what these can do because I was playing into 19 MPH winds pretty much all 9 holes. The one hole I had to my back was pretty fun with the driver though....LOL.

I do have to say these things just feel fun. The sound was great, they do seem to jump off the face and I was seeing what you guys saw on mishits - not really losing any distance at all. I was trying to keep things low with wind so I didn't worry too much about ball flight today, but I feel like the DG 98's might not have my preferred ball flight. It's too early to tell so I'm going to stick with them for a bit. That said they've got an addictive feeling that I makes me want to get back out there tomorrow.

As far as looks go - man I love the looks of these things. Everything about them. The numbering on the sole looks awesome. The graphics on the back. Even the larger top line on the higher irons - doesn't bother me a bit, if anything makes them look a little meaner.

Going to try and get back out Monday or Tuesday for a full 18. I think we're going to really enjoy playing golf this year (y)

I liked these previously and I thought this was really well done, definitely made me consider the UHX for a next set of irons

@Canadan

I got them in the stock Dynamic Gold DST 98 shafts. I've been playing Recoil SMACWRAP 780 ES in my M4 irons, so a bit nervous about the switch.

I took them out today, but only for 9 holes. And to be honest I couldn't get a great feel for what these can do because I was playing into 19 MPH winds pretty much all 9 holes. The one hole I had to my back was pretty fun with the driver though....LOL.

I do have to say these things just feel fun. The sound was great, they do seem to jump off the face and I was seeing what you guys saw on mishits - not really losing any distance at all. I was trying to keep things low with wind so I didn't worry too much about ball flight today, but I feel like the DG 98's might not have my preferred ball flight. It's too early to tell so I'm going to stick with them for a bit. That said they've got an addictive feeling that I makes me want to get back out there tomorrow.

As far as looks go - man I love the looks of these things. Everything about them. The numbering on the sole looks awesome. The graphics on the back. Even the larger top line on the higher irons - doesn't bother me a bit, if anything makes them look a little meaner.

Going to try and get back out Monday or Tuesday for a full 18. I think we're going to really enjoy playing golf this year (y)
I agree with the package presentation, and it's surprisingly something we didn't spend a ton of time on in the video -- They did a great job visually.

Finally caught it today, and like I didn't need a reason to want them any more than I already do.... but thanks guys lol.
I missed it though, what shafts were you using that day, and what are your thoughts on the Miyazaki stock graphite?

Forgiveness? You had me at forgiveness.

Last edited:
Finally caught it today, and like I didn't need a reason to want them any more than I already do.... but thanks guys lol.
I missed it though, what shafts were you using that day, and what are your thoughts on the Miyazaki stock graphite?

Forgiveness? You had me at forgiveness.
I love Miyazaki and wish their presence here in the US was maintained better than it was.

we used the UST Mamiya Recoil 95 in all iron sets.

I rewatched (with a little FW, the video this morning) coffe with you two was fun.Like Savanah and Hoda with golf hats. My first inclination was to not like them bcause I have recently come to love their cousin Srixon. But then it hit me that Cleveland/Srixon have done an awesome job of giving valid reasons to like their clubs based on my game. Also something I love is that the UHX looks like a better players club to me. I like shiney and these look like they belong next to the 585's.

I rewatched (with a little FW, the video this morning) coffe with you two was fun.Like Savanah and Hoda with golf hats. My first inclination was to not like them bcause I have recently come to love their cousin Srixon. But then it hit me that Cleveland/Srixon have done an awesome job of giving valid reasons to like their clubs based on my game. Also something I love is that the UHX looks like a better players club to me. I like shiney and these look like they belong next to the 585's.
Glad you enjoyed!

I've watched this 3 times now, and I want to hit these now.

These would definitely be of consideration with the alternative being mixed srixons... Price and playability are leaning with UHX

I have both sets. I love them both but the UHX's give me that little bit more forgiveness that I need at the moment

I have both sets. I love them both but the UHX's give me that little bit more forgiveness that I need at the moment
Sounds like we'd have a good match. Similar.

Maybe it was just me but it seems really hard to find the UHX with the stock graphite shafts in a stiff flex? I could easily find the regular or senior flex, but stiff was like looking for a needle in the haystack.

At the end of the day I've contemplated going back to steel anyway so that's why I bought them that way. If it doesn't work out I will eventually put Recoils in them.

Maybe it was just me but it seems really hard to find the UHX with the stock graphite shafts in a stiff flex? I could easily find the regular or senior flex, but stiff was like looking for a needle in the haystack.

At the end of the day I've contemplated going back to steel anyway so that's why I bought them that way. If it doesn't work out I will eventually put Recoils in them.
Recoils...

🤤🤤🤤🔥🔥🔥

Wow, three times!! That's awesome.

Makes you want to go get on a GCQuad, doesn't it?!
Now is the time to refinance right?

Back