Review Range Days: PXG 0211 and 0311 Irons Review

Watching now. Good stuff. Man those 0311s are strong. 24? How many other brands/models are at that number right now. Mav standard probably, but nothing else is coming to mind.

My opinion gen2 0311p feel the best. I like the milling on the gen3st, it just doesnt have the soft feeling of the gen2. Been a customer since day 1 and have some inside knowledge and you will prob see a big price drop in the next few months. THE GEN2 0311p were $149 for 5 days, they were selling very. Very fast and they bumped them back up to $159.

Great episode with a fair approach to the UBS considering price and lofts. Awesome job giving the knowledge we need!

Watching now. Good stuff. Man those 0311s are strong. 24? How many other brands/models are at that number right now. Mav standard probably, but nothing else is coming to mind.
Even then though, the story is in the numbers imo. When side by side with the 211 at the end of the show, I think it shows that the strong lofts are a design necessity.

My opinion gen2 0311p feel the best. I like the milling on the gen3st, it just doesnt have the soft feeling of the gen2. Been a customer since day 1 and have some inside knowledge and you will prob see a big price drop in the next few months. THE GEN2 0311p were $149 for 5 days, they were selling very. Very fast and they bumped them back up to $159.
Honestly, the Gen 3 are much more complete than the 2’s imo. Looking forward to everyone seeing Dan and I’s conversation on the T and P irons next week.

And if the 3’s see an even bigger price drop soon, PXG isn’t in a good place.

I have played G irons back to G5 and through G700 and several i series in between (when I thought I was too good for shovels) but always seemed to end up back with my G25’s.

Play PXG 0211 now and they have the look of the iE1 and the forgiveness of the G25 with much better feel. I only play 5-GW so that may make a difference.

I never thought I would play anything other than Ping long term as I always had short flings with other irons like the P790 but always ended up with a set of Pings in my bag.

0211 have been that good for me as I reshafted mine with Nippon NS Pro 1050GH and set them off 37.75” 5 iron like my old set of G25’s and they have been fantastic.

I was a PXG hater at one time as I thought they just produced over priced equipment. I still would hesitate to pay the premium for the Gen 3 irons but with the price drop of the 0211 I gave them a go with a used set I found from 2nd Swing and have been more impressed with them than any set of irons I have played in years.

Sold my Ping G700’s that had beat out a set of Ping i210’s and then sold the i210's.

The 0211 are now my only set of irons.

I have been tempted by the G710’s but that is fading with each round I play with the 0211.

0211’s have been so good I even ordered the 0211 SW & LW to see if they can beat my Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 & 58 but just got them reshafted yesterday so just backyard chipping so far. Hope to play them this weekend.

PXG 0211's are a great set of irons and paired with the 1050GH with Prosoft inserts, the feel at impact is intoxicating.

5 ball strikes does not a "test" or "review" make. I find this sort of "review" worthless and how can so much supposed "knowledge" and conversation be generated from so little? You need a minimum of 20 ball strikes and then throw out the top and bottom 2 strikes to get a reasonable average at minimum. Obviously these 2 guys majored on conjecture and not statistics... Anyone that puts credence in this "review" is on a fool's errand. BTW, I own the 0211's but will not comment on my assessment as these "experts" and their 5 ball strikes have certainly covered it all...

5 ball strikes does not a "test" or "review" make. I find this sort of "review" worthless and how can so much supposed "knowledge" and conversation be generated from so little? You need a minimum of 20 ball strikes and then throw out the top and bottom 2 strikes to get a reasonable average at minimum. Obviously these 2 guys majored on conjecture and not statistics... Anyone that puts credence in this "review" is on a fool's errand. BTW, I own the 0211's but will not comment on my assessment as these "experts" and their 5 ball strikes have certainly covered it all...

What does a test or review make? How many are necessary?
Range Days as a whole is built around limited swings so players don’t adjust and then breaking down the data by a plus handicap on impact locations on the golf club.

Welcome to THP first off, glad you found us, and thank you for watching!

Now, to the model, JB summed it up well, the goal of this isn’t to fit Dan to a club. The goal is to use the same shaft, the same parameters, and put 5 swings on the ball, good bad or indifferent, and then discuss if the tech is doing what it should, something that can 100% be discussed based on a concise sample size like this.

Range Days is different, if you want 20+ swings where they throw out half, there are plenty of cookie cutter videos out there that do just that.

And again, thanks for watching!

I'm really going to need to see more posts from you before I can decide if you are awesome or rude :)

This isn't MIT brother - we aren't submitting the results to a review board or trying to get published. I love the Range Days pods. They're informative and fun. I think half the discussion focused on numbers - yeah, perhaps not statistically significant technically - but enough to make some comparisons and get some overall impressions. I think the suggestion in all of these is, if you heard something of interest, get out and try the clubs on your own or get fitted.

Back