Review Range Days: PXG 0211 and 0311 Irons Review

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Range Days is not just about showing the data and the swings. In this episode Dan and James break down each strike and explain why the performance you are seeing is taking place and what to expect out of the equipment you are testing.

The PXG iron lineup is vast and two we look at two sets that you might be wondering a bit about. We break them down with data and swings to tell you what is happening and why. If you are looking for the most in depth review on the irons, you have come to the right place.

Continue reading...

Oh boy. I expect some fun discussion here

Looking forward to giving this a watch today

Been looking forward to this one since some teasers were dropped on the live episode!

Hope you all enjoy, this one is just the first on PXG, next week the rest of the 0311 options will hit as well.

Hoping it makes for some good conversation! (y)

I love the talk about efficiencies on the misses. I feel like the average golfer has shots all over the face, relatively speaking, so having the efficiency equally spread around the face can only help. In my 6 iron, I'm looking for something I can hit consistently well that will hold a green. Consistent in distance, as well as right to left dispersion. Seems like these do well on the misses, with the distances on both sets not too far off. Overall, seems like 2 good offerings performance wise for PXG.

Good discussion here. Interesting to see pretty clearly how a lie angle being off can affect your shots with the 0211. Also good to see how missing the center affects the ball flight. @Canadan can you miss a little more heel and toe occasionally to see how they would hold up for us regular golfers ;)

Good discussion here. Interesting to see pretty clearly how a lie angle being off can affect your shots with the 0211. Also good to see how missing the center affects the ball flight. @Canadan can you miss a little more heel and toe occasionally to see how they would hold up for us regular golfers ;)
I too found that lie angle interesting. Coming from someone who has never been fit, I'm starting to clearly see the advantages. This gives me a great visual as to how a correct lie angle could help me. Instead of trying to adjust my swing, a simple club adjustment would better fit my current swing.

I too found that lie angle interesting. Coming from someone who has never been fit, I'm starting to clearly see the advantages. This gives me a great visual as to how a correct lie angle could help me. Instead of trying to adjust my swing, a simple club adjustment would better fit my current swing.
Absolutely. The whole point is make the game easier

Stay tuned. :p

Looking forward to this one.

As someone who plays the 0211, this test was very interesting. I was not fit into the clubs and just got them pretty much straight up on everything, I'm seeing that there might be some things to be gained by a correct fitting. That said, mine are shafted with the MMT shafts which seem perfect for my swing. I get a high ball flight with these which is the way I think to play my irons. The only place in the test where I think is better, is feel. On a par 3, sitting on a peg, it's like a marshmallow plus a click. Now maybe the shafts have a lot to do with it, IDK, but the 0211 with the MMT shafts are just a pleasure to hit, even if it's more to the toe, it's still feel smooth. I'm sure we all have a bias towards the clubs that we play, but for me and my swing at my age, these clubs really perform! This just might:)rolleyes:) get me motivated to drive a few hours and get fit into them.

Good job boys! I never hit PXG irons due to price point, but enjoyed living vicariously with Range Days. I always liked the 0311 iron look.

I thought I had my forever set until I hit the 0311XP-P. $149 a club w/ steelfibers is a steal in my book. I have had the Gen1, gen 2 and ST. Gen2 xp4-6 p 7-gw have been the best for me. If you have hit a pxg, do yourself a favor and look for big time price drops soon. Prices will def be on par with other in the near future without the discounts.

Curious to hear your thoughts, but these are and always be outside of my contender$$

I thought I had my forever set until I hit the 0311XP-P. $149 a club w/ steelfibers is a steal in my book. I have had the Gen1, gen 2 and ST. Gen2 xp4-6 p 7-gw have been the best for me. If you have hit a pxg, do yourself a favor and look for big time price drops soon. Prices will def be on par with other in the near future without the discounts.
Where are you seeing 149/club on the 0311??

Great video I really enjoyed it. I am getting fit

From what I see Gen2 0311s are 149. Gen 3 still show $340.
Yeah. That’s why I was confused/curious, 340 down from 425 is all I’ve ever seen.

Great stuff guys. I play the Gen 2 0311 XFs and I love them. I took advantage of their 'PXG for Heroes' program - and if you are current or veteran military or first responder, definitely some amazing deals (0211 irons for example are $99/club and Gen 2 0311 XFs are $159/club under that discount program).

Great stuff guys. I play the Gen 2 0311 XFs and I love them. I took advantage of their 'PXG for Heroes' program - and if you are current or veteran military or first responder, definitely some amazing deals (0211 irons for example are $99/club and Gen 2 0311 XFs are $159/club under that discount program).
Ah, there is the disconnect I think with the earlier comment. We worked with Gen 3 for Range Days

Great review. I've given thought to these with all the price drops. I'm not into the screw look. And was impressed that the 0211's were not a massive step down.

Just finished listening, congrats on another great Range Days. While I am a person who would likely buy PXG, I enjoyed the reviews and will comment that I appreciate how you talk through the process of interpreting the numbers and what competing designs have to offer.

Great episode... !!!

Back