Rangefinder or GPS Watch

I have distances seen on my shot scope watch, but I always use my Bushnell V4 for my distances.

I have precision pro rangefinder and Bushnell phantom... Tend to use phantom more often

Both.

I started wearing my old Bushnell Neo watch again this week and forgot how nice it is to have those numbers to make a club decision and not just the rangefinder pin number.

Alright I’m ordering the the Approach s62 watch for sure, what range finder though? Should I try out the Nikon Pro Stabilized now that’s it’s on sale in Canada or should I wait for the Bushnell Tour v5 to land?

I wear a gps watch and carry my rangefinder. Pretty much anything outside 140 I rely on my watch. Inside, rangefinder. Could I go with just one? Yes. Would probably be watch. Although one course I played the yardages went wacko for three holes, then fine thereafter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely a rangefinder. I find wearing a watch while playing to be quite annoying,

Rangefinder for me as well. Tried using a watch and just didn’t like wearing it at all. Rangefinder is so easy to get distances to anything.

I don't care for watches on while i'm playing any sport

I don't think zapping pins helps most golfers. You really need the distance to the center of the green. Zapping a front or back pin and pulling that distance club out is a recipe for trouble, especially a front pin.

That said I have a zapper, but I might pull it out once per 9. I generally use the markers on the course. They provide plenty of info for me.

I don't think zapping pins helps most golfers. You really need the distance to the center of the green. Zapping a front or back pin and pulling that distance club out is a recipe for trouble, especially a front pin.

That said I have a zapper, but I might pull it out once per 9. I generally use the markers on the course. They provide plenty of info for me.

On the flip side I’ve been at the 150 yd marker countless times and my buddy is like 150 ? I shoot the pin and it’s 172 or 128. That’s 2 clubs difference right there.

I carry both. I love having the GPS as a backup to my laser just in case I accidentally lase the tree behind the pin. It’s a good sanity check. And I’ve found that the GPS really helps on blind pins or landing zones, and sometimes just to get accurate distances to the front edge of the green to make sure I can carry a shot to that point.

I use both. I have a Garmin 935 watch which has golf features, and a Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder. The watch is good for rough distances on tee shots and layups, can give you blind yardages when it's something you can't shoot with a rangefinder, and I can also keep score on it (the scorecards register in the Garmin Golf app). The Garmin Golf app also keeps track of club distances if you go in and tag your shots afterward. I use the rangefinder for shooting distances to hazards/course features and for the pin on approach shots (and par 3s). And as @Buster1 said above, the GPS is a good backup, it should agree at least pretty closely with the rangefinder. The watch also comes in handy if my rangefinder battery goes dead and I get caught without a spare battery for it in my bag.

The Garmin watch was a bit pricey, but it's also my daily wear watch as well as my workout/activity tracker, in addition to being my golf watch. I could use a phone app instead of the watch (Golfshot, etc.), but 1) I hate screwing with my phone during rounds, and 2) GPS on the phone eats a lot of battery (a round of golf on the Garmin uses about 20% of my watch's battery). A glance to my wrist for yardage is a lot quicker than digging my phone out, unlocking it, reading the yardage, locking it and putting it back away. And I can log my score on my watch with a couple buttons as I'm walking off the green rather than having to go through the whole above routine with my phone to log it.

I have both a rangefinder and handheld GPS unit. The GPS unit almost never gets used. I could see value in it is I played a lot of different courses. But I don't due to lack of local availability so just use the rangefinder on the course I have played thousands of times.

Laser , then I can get distance to cover hazards.

I use both...love my Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder. The magnetic BITE feature is outstanding and completely changes the game in how easy/accessible using a rangefinder becomes. I also use my Apple Watch and iPhone in tandem with the Golfshot Plus app for GPS info. Together I get the best of both worlds.

To the original poster I would highly recommend getting the Bushnell Tour V5. It has all the features that make the Pro XE great minus "Elements" in the Slope calc at a much lower price.

Reactions: MH
After having the pro xe the bite feature is definitely a plus. I have decided to wait for the tour v5 and order the watch now. Thanks for all the reply’s

I use both. The app on my Apple watch is fine 90% of the time but there are others when having a laser rangefinder is valuable because it let's you find ranges for pretty much anything you want, like trees, traps, the group in front of you, whatever. Inside 50 yards it's nice too because you can see exactly how far that pin is.

I mostly use a range finder for distances to the pin with slope. However, I have Arccos and used their GPS the other day to check the carry distance over rough. Never really occurred to me before, but will continue to use both.

Back