Rangefinder Recommendation

Adding another vote for Precision Pro I have the NX7 Pro got it when it was on sale last year. Would recommend the 7 or 9 though. Also if you are a Random Golf Club fan they have the co-branded version here which will give you a different colourway (red/grey vs green/black)

Adding another vote for Precision Pro I have the NX7 Pro got it when it was on sale last year. Would recommend the 7 or 9 though. Also if you are a Random Golf Club fan they have the co-branded version here which will give you a different colourway (red/grey vs green/black)
thats the one i ordered. preferred the color. it was $219 yesterday as well, but i dont see it on sale today.

How many things did you "shoot" in your neighborhood testing it out!? Congrats on the purchase! Awesome job.
Just a few. :ROFLMAO:

Easy to use, it is.

It works differently though correct? Like with a Bushnell you can just hold your finger down in scan until you hit the flag and it locks on and gives you the distance. Doesn’t it work different with precision pro?

It works differently though correct? Like with a Bushnell you can just hold your finger down in scan until you hit the flag and it locks on and gives you the distance. Doesn’t it work different with precision pro?
Yes you put the flag in the crosshairs then press the button. When you release the button it locks onto the flag. The NX7 has been rock solid for two years now.

Yes you put the flag in the crosshairs then press the button. When you release the button it locks onto the flag. The NX7 has been rock solid for two years now.

Any harder to hit the target that way?

That guy who, I think does Vice Golf Commercials, has great commercial voice, and I saw the video where he "dropped by" the PP offices and started the fake conversation of the RGC -by fake, it looks like a made up discussion to sell the RGC, which is fine. He did the same things with Vice - call me skeptical. But the surface of the RGC does look tactile.
What is the RGC ?

What is the RGC ?

Random golf club

It’s an Eric Anders Lang thing. It’s for his followers. He sells online shirts hats and covers at the lake. I’m not a huge fan of his, but I like the color scheme of the rangefinder more.

How many things did you "shoot" in your neighborhood testing it out!? Congrats on the purchase! Awesome job.
BTW, it is 87 yards from my deck to the wooden privacy fence at the back of my lot. Downhill, plays like 85 yards. :cool:

What is the RGC ?

Asked and answered - I had no idea what it meant - looks like a RF with a tactile rubberized material made for his cult.

I need to start a cult ... it's the thing

Any harder to hit the target that way?
Its the only range finder that I have ever used so I have nothing to compare it with.

Asked and answered - I had no idea what it meant - looks like a RF with a tactile rubberized material made for his cult.

I need to start a cult ... it's the thing
lol
I had to look on the site to figure it out. So essentially its a $50 upcharge to have a red and gray colorway instead of the black and green. I prefer the black and green anyway.

Does anyone know if Precision has a protective sleeve for their rangefinders? I didn't see any on their site ? if used would that make the magnet not work?

lol
I had to look on the site to figure it out. So essentially its a $50 upcharge to have a red and gray colorway instead of the black and green. I prefer the black and green anyway.

Does anyone know if Precision has a protective sleeve for their rangefinders? I didn't see any on their site ? if used would that make the magnet not work?

They are normally the same price. It’s just since the NX9 doesn’t have licensing fees and they choose not to discount the RGC version. They did yesterday tho. I paid $219 for the RGC color

BTW, it is 87 yards from my deck to the wooden privacy fence at the back of my lot. Downhill, plays like 85 yards. :cool:
Sounds like 60* wedge shots will work...just don't skull them...

Sounds like 60* wedge shots will work...just don't skull them...

The 60° is the only club in the bag I can hit 20 yards or 200.

The NX9 with Slope for 229 at Budget before you use the THP Discount is hard to beat too.
You speak of a THP Discount at Budget. How do you use that discount?

i have the green and black one. whatever its called. I like it. it seems like they all work well you could probably get one that works as good as any other for 250 dollars

You speak of a THP Discount at Budget. How do you use that discount?
The discount code is in the Budget Golf ad on the THP home page (not the forums, the home page itself).

The Callaway 300 Pro with slope function is available at Amazon for $199. It’s made by Nikon and from my experience Leupold and Nikon have the best optics, quality, and customers service. I had two Bushnell’s fail just out of warranty for no apparent reason so I can’t recommend them as a brand. My 20 year old Nikon still works perfectly and easily picks up flags from 300+ yards.
I have a Leupold. Only problems I have had is when I got caught in a downpour (epic downpour) and it my entire bag was soaked through. It stopped working. I took the battery out and left it settingnout for a week with the port open. Popped the battery back in and it has worked ever since. I can verify their quality.

I have a Leupold. Only problems I have had is when I got caught in a downpour (epic downpour) and it my entire bag was soaked through. It stopped working. I took the battery out and left it settingnout for a week with the port open. Popped the battery back in and it has worked ever since. I can verify their quality.

I’m a huge fan of Leupold scopes and rangefinders and have the GX3i3 that I paid $340 for. I’ve also bought a couple of Nikon Coolshot 40 rangefinders recently for my son and daughter and was able to get those on eBay for about $150 each. For me the Leupold is worth the extra money considering it will likely last for 15+ years and see use for 1500 rounds of golf. Another way of looking at it is my golf ball expenditure is about $250 per year and my rangefinder is only about $20 per year. Compared to any Bushnell or Nikon I’ve owned, It has a better form factor(easily fits in my back pocket), metal body vs. plastic, waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes, and better optics. The Leupold is also the only company to my knowledge that makes a rangefinder that works in medium to heavy fog which is a factor for me about 10 times each year on early morning rounds. I have a Nikon from 2001 that I leave at our condo in Florida that still works perfectly but it now feels clunky with it’s larger size compared to my Leupold.

Last edited:
Bushnell Hybrid, the best of both worlds.

I’m a huge fan of Leupold scopes and rangefinders and have the GX3i3 that I paid $340 for. I’ve also bought a couple of Nikon Coolshot 40 rangefinders recently for my son and daughter and was able to get those on eBay for about $150 each. For me the Leupold is worth the extra money considering it will likely last for 15+ years and see use for 1500 rounds of golf. Another way of looking at it is my golf ball expenditure is about $250 per year and my rangefinder is only about $20 per year. Compared to any Bushnell or Nikon I’ve owned, It has a better form factor(easily fits in my back pocket), metal body vs. plastic, waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes, and better optics. The Leupold is also the only company to my knowledge that makes a rangefinder that works in medium to heavy fog which is a factor for me about 10 times each year on early morning rounds. I have a Nikon from 2001 that I leave at our condo in Florida that still works perfectly but it now feels clunky with it’s larger size compared to my Leupold.

Read your post, went to TGW -- Leupold GX3i3 was crucified on TGW - display going out right after warranty period, Leupold offering new RF at a discount or doing nothing. That would make me run from them.

Back