Rapsodo MLM Launch Monitor

Audioclyde

Randy
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 GHIN
Sorry, if there is already a thread, but didn't find one with a search. Has anyone tried the Rapsodo MLM mobile launch monitor? Looks interesting at the price point, especially with the built-in video capture.

Look forward to anyone sharing their experience.

That's great; much appreciated. I have a Skytrak setup in my garage but I like the idea of getting feedback on actual shots at the range.

The one thing that I wish was different was the recommended distance between you and the MLM: eight feet.

That doesn't sound like a lot, but I've found it's just far enough away to get in the way of others on the driving range walking by behind me.

JB;n8899714 said:
You mean it needs to be accurate hahah.
It’s a neat tool and way better than some others but the spin and speed are off .

Listen don't be jealous of my 155 ball speed and 290 carry. #hipsterscience

golfunfiltered;n8899747 said:

Either this was way off or Club Champion is hahah

JB;n8899749 said:
Either this was way off or Club Champion is hahah

I think this means I can move back to 7000 yards.

Reactions: JB
Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor

It is a little more interesting to me than some of the other portable launch monitors and has more features than the FlightScope Mevo at the same price ($499). Still doesn't include spin, but uses a doppler radar to measure carry distance, ball speed, club head speed, smash factor, launch angle, and launch direction. The cool features IMO are how it works with the app. It can use the camera to film your swing and add a shot tracer to the video, it can overlay GPS satellite imagery and show you where your balls are landing on a course/hole or on the range, it can auto detect what club you are using by showing the club to the camera, and it has some simulator/game features.

https://rapsodo.com/golf/mlm

MLM_6Screens@3x.jpg

Last edited:
ddec;n8900062 said:
This company must have done some marketing today because this is the 2nd thread on this guy we've had today. Here is where others are talking about it https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ccessories/8899651-rapsodo-mlm-launch-monitor

Dang. I used the THP search feature and it only found an old Rapsodo R-Motion thread. I saw it in an e-mail from TGW on "Start Practicing the Right Way". In it they had some products they liked and this was one of them.

https://www.tgw.com/golf-guide/how-...rm=TGW+Answers+Your+Most-Asked+Golf+Questions

Merged threads

golfunfiltered;n8899747 said:

Is typical driver carry for you 250-260? I’m just wondering if there is a consistent pattern to their formula. If so, maybe it would easier to know how far the ball is actually carrying by subtracting a certain yardage or percentage of yardage off whatever it’s providing.

Either way, that’s a big problem. Hopefully it’s resolved quickly through software updates and not something going on with the device itself.

I have the unit. When it read my driver ball speed it was very accurate, it read 158-162 mph which is the same as when I use the TopRange flight monitor or GC Quad at Roger Dunn. PW distance was spot on at 126-130 yards and so was the 8I at 158-163 yards. I need to do more testing with the driver for distance. Driver carry of 285 yards is more like my average for carry and roll which is between 285-300 yards. The video recording with shot tracer is the best feature of the product, but the unit requires sunlight.

I have recommended to Rapsodo they should consider programming the unit, so when used at night. The player can turn off the shot tracer, but information such as swing speed, ball speed, launch, smash factor and distance is still displayed.

-CRW-;n8900319 said:
Is typical driver carry for you 250-260? I’m just wondering if there is a consistent pattern to their formula. If so, maybe it would easier to know how far the ball is actually carrying by subtracting a certain yardage or percentage of yardage off whatever it’s providing.

Either way, that’s a big problem. Hopefully it’s resolved quickly through software updates and not something going on with the device itself.

Yes, I normally carry it around 250. The calculations the MLM use could use tweaking for sure.

golfunfiltered;n8900832 said:
Yes, I normally carry it around 250. The calculations the MLM use could use tweaking for sure.

Did you go to settings and view it the unit for woods is set on carry and distance or just carry?

anybody still using this? It seems better than the Mevo and the swing caddie sc500 for a similar price point. I am really looking for something I can use at the range consistently to dial in what i am actually hitting clubs as I work through swing changes.

anybody still using this? It seems better than the Mevo and the swing caddie sc500 for a similar price point. I am really looking for something I can use at the range consistently to dial in what i am actually hitting clubs as I work through swing changes.
Great product and accurate numbers, but needs daylight to work properly.

I bought one but I haven’t taken it out for a trial run yet. One thing I’ll say - the ‘calibration’ setup was a real pain. Thankfully looks like that’s just a one time requirement. The video aspect of it appeals to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great product and accurate numbers, but needs daylight to work properly.

That would not be an issue, thank you for the feedback!

That would not be an issue, thank you for the feedback!

if you get this i'll be following your feedback! I can't shake my desire to own a personal launch monitor.

if you get this i'll be following your feedback! I can't shake my desire to own a personal launch monitor.

I’m sure we could work a deal on an SC100 if you just want to get your feet wet and not break the bank too much

I’m sure we could work a deal on an SC100 if you just want to get your feet wet and not break the bank too much

well seeing as how I got excited reading that gc quad was running a holiday sale and had a fleeting moment of wondering whether I could make that work, sound financial decisions are obviously not my speed

well seeing as how I got excited reading that gc quad was running a holiday sale and had a fleeting moment of wondering whether I could make that work, sound financial decisions are obviously not my speed

Looks like you need to start charging a bit more in those returns. Also, I need to borrow 11k. Don’t ask questions.

Back