Review Rapsodo MLM Thread

I don't know if you're trying to make me look like an idiot or not, but I tried this and couldn't get it to work. I do have some big glaring going on on the screen.
He's not (well may be is). LOL I believe Justin talked about a club recognition feature.

I don't know if you're trying to make me look like an idiot or not, but I tried this and couldn't get it to work. I do have some big glaring going on on the screen.
I’m not lol. It says hold the club at the camera for 5 seconds. It might not pick it up with the glare though.

I will be brutally honest and say that it is disappointing to see this is iOS only, and is the thing to put me off even considering it as I don't want to have to buy an iPad just to use this

For a personal monitor, the data it provides should be more than suitable for most people to get their yardages, but does it have the option to include some extra things such as spin as I don't see that being one of the data points?
If any users have used the Garmin R10, I would be interested to hear how they compare in both ease of use and information they each provide

Getting off to a great start in this review thread! This device looks incredibly simple to set up and use. Anyone planning on going with the premium subscription?

I’m not lol. It says hold the club at the camera for 5 seconds. It might not pick it up with the glare though.
So I tried multiple times and could not get this to work. Honestly it probably takes 5 seconds to change clubs using the on screen option. Really easy and fast.

Getting off to a great start in this review thread! This device looks incredibly simple to set up and use. Anyone planning on going with the premium subscription?
We all got 1 year of the premium subscription with the device.

So is it 6' or 8' for placement behind the shot? The user manual I downloaded from the site says 8' and the setup guide you show says 6'. Maybe the download from the site is is older - or newer? Not sure if 2' will make a difference. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 9123954
So I emailed Justin and asked him about this. His response is below.

When you set it up for the net, the MLM needs 8 feet of ball flight meaning there should be 8 feet between the ball and net. There should be approximately 6 feet between the ball and the MLM device but you can place the MLM further back (up to 8 feet) if room permits.

So I tried multiple times and could not get this to work. Honestly it probably takes 5 seconds to change clubs using the on screen option. Really easy and fast.
Yeah it seems easy to switch especially with an iPad. I can't wait to get mine and try it out.

We all got 1 year of the premium subscription with the device.
I must have missed that - sorry for the skim :LOL:. The combines and extra features on the premium subscription look great, especially for you guys with the club comparisons once you go through your fittings at the event.

I must have missed that - sorry for the skim :LOL:. The combines and extra features on the premium subscription look great, especially for you guys with the club comparisons once you go through your fittings at the event.
No worries it happens lol. Yeah the premium looks awesome and like you said to be able to do the club comparisons after is going to be insane. There must be some really good clubs coming for them to do this for us.

No worries it happens lol. Yeah the premium looks awesome and like you said to be able to do the club comparisons after is going to be insane. There must be some really good clubs coming for them to do this for us.
I'm sure they've got a few special things coming for you guys 🤐. It's a little early to ask this one but I'm also pretty curious about the battery life on this unit.

I'm sure they've got a few special things coming for you guys 🤐. It's a little early to ask this one but I'm also pretty curious about the battery life on this unit.
So I used it for a little over an hour and plugged it in for maybe 3 minutes before seeing this comment. So it definitely charged a little bit but couldn't have been much. Just checked and the battery is at 88%, so I'd guestimate 85% after about an hour and 10 minutes of use. Will continue to monitor this.
046D06BC-1ACB-4748-9774-4275E560EF5F.png

Hitting for the first time with an 8 iron

So I think the ball is supposed to be off to the side, and not in the yellow alignment zone. Same mistake I was making yesterday. Then you should see your whole swing.

One thing I would recommend for the app is to have a longer line coming out when you are setting your heading. That way, the dashed line in the overhead view has a better chance of actually being on your target line.. or give us the ability to change the heading mid or post session. That way, the side distance offline will be a better data point.

So I think the ball is supposed to be off to the side, and not in the yellow alignment zone. Same mistake I was making yesterday. Then you should see your whole swing.

One thing I would recommend for the app is to have a longer line coming out when you are setting your heading. That way, the dashed line in the overhead view has a better chance of actually being on your target line.. or give us the ability to change the heading mid or post session. That way, the side distance offline will be a better data point.
You're completely right. I'm so dumb lol. Grabbed a screenshot of my video and it clearly shows player area and ball area; below. Good to know that you don't need to be super precise with ball position.

And I agree, a little more assistance visually to make sure you're set up properly with the device's target line would be nice. That said, I could see that becoming easier as we use it more.

9595EC6F-2588-4E68-AE19-A09E9CC91A8C.png

So I used it for a little over an hour and plugged it in for maybe 3 minutes before seeing this comment. So it definitely charged a little bit but couldn't have been much. Just checked and the battery is at 88%, so I'd guestimate 85% after about an hour and 10 minutes of use. Will continue to monitor this.
View attachment 9123991

That is not bad at all!

Are there any plans to make this compatible with Android devices?

One thought I just had as I'm realizing my launch angles seem a bit low (I know they are in general) is I am curious of the importance of the unit being perfectly level to the ground where you are standing. The ground at my range is lumpy so getting this perfectly flat may be a little tricky, but maybe it is not critical as long as it is close. Going to reach out to Justin at Rapsodo on this.

Edit: I see @Rapsodo_Justin is here!

2022 GD guys and girl, do all of you have an iOS device to use with the Rapsodo MLM? I have been wanting one but no support for Android.

I do not. Been an android guy forever. Rest of the family is all IOS though. IPad is on the horizon for me.

I do not. Been an android guy forever. Rest of the family is all IOS though. IPad is on the horizon for me.
See, I always knew we'd get along.

I've been on the fence about one of these and keep thinking about the garmin r10 too. This is looking pretty dang nice.

I think it's really cool that you guys are getting these in to fine tune your game leading up to the grandaddy of them all. I enjoyed it when I reviewed it a couple of years ago, so I can't wait to see how it works for you guys in the coming months.

Back