Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor - THP Review Thread

:thankyou:

Not sure I see this one. I have the MEVO(paid $500 for it), for over a year, and it works great. Most important to me, it works outside AND inside- the Rapsodo does not work inside, correct? And by inside, I assume that means into a net.
For me, with the mat/net at home, this capability is a must.

Sounds very interesting. Just make sure you pay attention to the hardware requirements for hitting into a net (indoors).

• MLM Net feature is currently compatible with these devices for app version 1.4.0: iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro (11”) 2nd Gen, iPad Pro (12.9”) 3rd Gen, iPad Pro (12.9”) 4th Gen

at the range.... let's gooo20200927_142453.jpg

And already over heating.... back in the bag for a bit see if it can cool down before end of bucket...

Should add its 77 out with 77 as the real feel. There is some solid cloud cover but range is facing directly into the sun.

S

And already over heating.... back in the bag for a bit see if it can cool down before end of bucket...

Should add its 77 out with 77 as the real feel. There is some solid cloud cover but range is facing directly into the sun.

S

Don't like this at all given the hear I typically practice in down here.

S
Well that isn’t ideal.

S
Oh, yikes....

As I'm about to wrap up on the range let's talk about this bump in the road. To ME, it's more the phone that is causing it. Outdoors, Bluetooth running, screen on auto brightness, so since we are outside dead into the sun, the screen is on max brightness and on the entire time.

I gave it a break in the bag and back on (without a case this time) and it seemed better. But I won't lie it's a concern.

My phone is hot, the device is not. But it kicks it into a mode without seeing the video capture.

I'll have more to say on this tonight. Fun device overall. Hoping for a cooler night this week and it will get another go.

Is it tough to find turf to hit off of?

Nope. The hitting lines were moved forward the other day. So towards the front yellow line(that you can't see) plenty of turf to hit off of with no issues.

That's not good at all if it turns out to be a consistent thing. That would make the Rapsodo only useful for me here about 3-4 months of the year.

Direct sun is pretty tough on phones, but it seems like it would be hard to avoid. Interesting. Curious to hear how it goes next time.

S
Is it the device that is overheating or is it the phone?

Is it the device that is overheating or is it the phone?

Phone...I clarified it a bit if you look up a few posts.

Phone...I clarified it a bit if you look up a few posts.
Hrmmmm I wonder if an umbrella setup would help. That’s a tough one depending on range setup

Hrmmmm I wonder if an umbrella setup would help. That’s a tough one depending on range setup

I have to do that sometimes with my iPad if my net is outside. Would have been hard on this one with birng directly in to the sun.

I then also risk being the doofus who can't hit the ball with an umbrella gaurding his phone haha

Here's what we are looking at in terms of some visual feedback. Pretty cool actually. Now on the phone the numbers on on the top, but push to the side when exported from the app.

This is quite interesting, and I am curious how the accuracy plays out in launch angle compared to more high powered devices such as GC2.

Here's what we are looking at in terms of some visual feedback. Pretty cool actually. Now on the phone the numbers on on the top, but push to the side when exported from the app.

View attachment 8965822
That’s a really cool display from shot to shot. Does it do it for each one or just when you are it to?

That’s a really cool display from shot to shot. Does it do it for each one or just when you are it to?

Shot to shot. So I could hit, step back wait for it register(a couple of seconds) and then it automatically was showing me the replay. Def don't get the isntant numbers that say the GC2 pumps out, but I find the shot tracer kind of neat. It also does this...when you start a session it uses apple maps for your location and wants you to set up your orientation. Post session, you can look back at where you hit shots, with that location as your background. Maybe more useful if you are practicing on a hole, but still cool.

So here are some 7i and 9i from one session.

Please hold... technical difficultied on adding photo

Well...the shot tracer and numbers are pretty cool I'll say that

IMG_2132.jpg

IOS only would be a no go for me.

Back