Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
The personal launch monitor market has been a rather interesting one to watch in recent years. Companies have tried to give accurate information without having to make golfers shell out thousands of dollars. Rapsodo is attempting to bring a product to market that is said to offer some incredibly accurate data, with a price point of $499. I will get this product in hand later today and I am pretty excited to see what it offers and how it compares to the GC2. Currently, it is slated to work with iOS devices.

So what do we get from this mobile launch monitor? Below are the data points that are recorded.

Distance
Ball Speed
Club Speed
Smash Factor
Launch Angle
Shot Direction

Also includes...video playback, shot tracking, range mapping, smart club recognition, bag mapping, and a shot library.

For $500 it sounds pretty promising. Initially it was set for outdoor use only, but now can be done indoors as well.

Here is what the company has to say about this monitor.

The Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor is the only launch monitor that uses the power of your iOS device to provide immediate feedback on LAUNCH DATA, instant VIDEO REPLAY and active SHOT TRACE. Known for its PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL ACCURACY for shot distance, ball speed, club speed, shot shape, smash factor, launch angle and launch direction, the MLM is TRUSTED BY TOP GOLF INSTRUCTORS. The MLM gives you the tools you need to transform your golf game!

MLM-Product.jpg

• Staff
Being that your smartphone/iPad is a part of the experience, one for figure to have to set up an app. Finding the app was simple in the iOS App Store. Upon creating an ID and Password there are these quick tutorial screens to help get us up and running.

D82F618A-A31C-4709-BFBE-1A95F2A9A4D8.jpeg
62765A89-DD27-4D85-91A5-B314FD32E984.jpeg

7ECEF54D-60C0-48DC-AD5F-ACAB76FE4361.jpeg

8405AC35-FA8F-4E7B-B3DE-1CED3AE16ECC.jpeg

0C66A8C8-0791-4B41-BC49-F4F10BCC49C9.jpeg

127A6E74-BD17-4517-AE3C-A0104D45EF2C.jpeg

1C6CEFDE-90FF-4BF3-B275-1DAA097582B7.jpeg

• Staff
hold for in-hand photos20200927_141748.jpg

20200927_141834.jpg

20200927_141843.jpg

20200927_141846.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I’ll be following this one!

Curious how accurate you find this unit to be. Something like this would be useful for getting a baseline of numbers or to confirm distances.

Will you be comparing to the GC Quad?

• Staff
Oh I’ll be following this one!

yeah I'm pretty excited to dive into it honestly. I'm spoiled by the GC2, but have also used one of the swing caddie devices in the past too. Although I'm not sure I really want my ball flight recorded haha

• Staff
Curious how accurate you find this unit to be. Something like this would be useful for getting a baseline of numbers or to confirm distances.

Will you be comparing to the GC Quad?

I don't have a quad, but will be using the GC2 side by side to see how accurate it is.

This is going to have a lot of peoples attention I have a feeling because if it’s accurate, that price is hard to ignore.

Looking forward to hearing more about this unit.

This is going to have a lot of peoples attention I have a feeling because if it’s accurate, that price is hard to ignore.

Agree. The only thing remotely close is the SC-200 from Voice Caddie, but this feels like it offers another layer of analysis.

right? and now that it says it can be used indoor and out, it makes it even more appealing. I'm hoping I have enough space in my indoor setup where I can test it out. Not sure if I have 6-8 feet behind where I hit.

Would love to get spin numbers, but if everything else is accurate then spin can be pinned down with the eye test as too high, too low or about right and that is honesty good enough for me. Look forward to hearing more on this one!

yeah I'm pretty excited to dive into it honestly. I'm spoiled by the GC2, but have also used one of the swing caddie devices in the past too. Although I'm not sure I really want my ball flight recorded haha

For the greater good, sacrifices must be made.

right? and now that it says it can be used indoor and out, it makes it even more appealing. I'm hoping I have enough space in my indoor setup where I can test it out. Not sure if I have 6-8 feet behind where I hit.

You may or may not know, but if indoor is a capability, does it then use the same algorithm for outdoor use? I guess I am assuming outdoors it will track the ball most if not the whole way and indoors would be an output based on the swing inputs. (hope that makes sense)

Where's the comparison, its been like 30 minutes already since you said you'd get it later. :p OK I'll check later but this looks interesting. My issue is I'm and android user and I don't think my daughter would be happy I keep grounding her just to use her phone:unsure:

I was interested in this one but currently an android user so went with the Mevo. Interested in seeing the comparison to the GC2

Dammit, I just bought an SC-200+

Really interested in following along here @ddec. I was looking into these a while back as an upgrade to my SC200. The 8 feet behind gave me pause though as that seems a little far back and I'd be worried about it getting stepped on by passers by at the range.

Really interested in following along here @ddec. I was looking into these a while back as an upgrade to my SC200. The 8 feet behind gave me pause though as that seems a little far back and I'd be worried about it getting stepped on by passers by at the range.
Set your bag behind it, problem solved ;)

I’m excited about this one @ddec!

Buddy has one of these, he’s yet to be able to use it because of weather. Looking forward to your feedback on this one somethin severe

Following for sure. Would make a great Christmas gift.

Looking forward to hearing more about this. A reasonably accurate launch monitor in that price range would be highly tempting.

Back