Rapsodo Simulator

The device is working well, but I don’t have a decent gpu on either computer so that’s an issue. It’s still fun. If this thing lasts a year it will be worth the $$$$.
Guess I know what the wife is getting me for Christmas. ;)

If you end up getting one, I hope it works out well for you @Turtlerancher . I would imagine your Maine winters are similar to ours in Michigan.

There are enough negative reviews out there that I'm still a little worried something might crap out. But so far, so good.

Hey @JonMA1 how is the Rapsodo working out? Did you get the issues straightened out?

Hey @JonMA1 how is the Rapsodo working out? Did you get the issues straightened out?

The first device finally died but after I'd received two newer devices the company sent for free. Those other two have worked perfectly so far.

I haven't been playing as much the last couple of weeks - mostly just checking my swing speed and messing with swing path and face angle using my cell phone app. But now that we're back in winter wonderland mode, I'll get back into it. It's still a lot of fun. I've "shot" a couple of rounds in the 70's - something that isn't possible in the real world - and broken 90 on the long courses. It makes me realize what golf would be like if bad contact and missed putts from within 6' were not a part of the game. Lol.

Are you still thinking about getting one?

The first device finally died but after I'd received two newer devices the company sent for free. Those other two have worked perfectly so far.

I haven't been playing as much the last couple of weeks - mostly just checking my swing speed and messing with swing path and face angle using my cell phone app. But now that we're back in winter wonderland mode, I'll get back into it. It's still a lot of fun. I've "shot" a couple of rounds in the 70's - something that isn't possible in the real world - and broken 90 on the long courses. It makes me realize what golf would be like if bad contact and missed putts from within 6' were not a part of the game. Lol.

Are you still thinking about getting one?
Still thinking about one, just waiting to hear what's getting released at the pga show that JB hinted about.

Thanks for the awesome write up @JonMA1 . Great insight, unbiased and LOVE the headings in CAPS.

I gave one of these a try over the holidays. I got the one clip/sensor package to give it a try.

I had a heck of a time just getting the PC software installed properly and don't think I ever achieved it completely. My PC is quite a few years old, but it handled the install and was able to run the software just fine.

I found the connection of the sensor to the PC spotty at best. Often times the sensor would not register the ball being struck. Was never able to get it working on range mode.

Was able to play a round on the one golf course that was included, but I had read there were 15 courses that could be played. I never found them.

I know from reading reviews that it works, so was likely user error on my part on some of the above.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back