Razr X MB Thoughts

flaMtneer

Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't see a review thread to post to...so I'll start my own. If I missed it I apologize.

Got my new Callaway Razr X MB's on Friday evening. First range session on Saturday. They absolutely blew me away and I just had to come on here and tell someone because my wife and kids lost interest after about a half hour of my rambling!

I hit a single iron in the store while comparing clubs so this was the first time with the full set + the first time on grass. I grew up playing forged blades but haven't for over 15 years so I was a little nervous that maybe I would regret going back and would miss the forgiveness...I couldn't have been more wrong. I hit the ball so well that I went back out today with some of my old clubs for comparison (both the old CB's and the really old forged blades) just to make sure that it wasn't a case of having my A+ swing on the range. Same results today. Hit the RazrX MBs much better than either of the other 2 - straighter, farther, and with much more control.

Some quick observations:
- Much more forgiving and easier to hit than I thought they'd be.
- Long enough - About 1/2 club longer than my CBs and 1+ longer than the old blades (I expected that).
- Short Irons were like throwing darts. Literally. Don't know if it was the shaft (PX 6.0 vs S300) or the head..or what...but I felt like I had total control over the ball on shots less than 150.

Really looking forward to getting them out on the course.

Would love to hear thoughts from any other THP'ers who are playing these.

Back