RBZ 3W rust in speed slot?

Took the club back to the store i bought it from and they will send it off to TM and i should hear back by next week. He asked if i was leaving the head wet with the head cover on after each shot which is not the case but my fear is that they say its this. Will let you know the outcome but if they replace it i may ask the store to exchange for a r11s or a different brand as this has kinda put me off.

The guy at the store did not treat you very well. He should have replaced it, swapped for something else or refunded you on the spot. His question indicates that he is looking for a way to blame you. Buy your gear somewhere else.

Took the club back to the store i bought it from and they will send it off to TM and i should hear back by next week. He asked if i was leaving the head wet with the head cover on after each shot which is not the case but my fear is that they say its this. Will let you know the outcome but if they replace it i may ask the store to exchange for a r11s or a different brand as this has kinda put me off.

So that explains why they bought Adams, to acquire their anti-rust technology.

The guy at the store did not treat you very well. He should have replaced it, swapped for something else or refunded you on the spot. His question indicates that he is looking for a way to blame you. Buy your gear somewhere else.

Exactly

Roger Dunn told me people had been having this problem before I ordered mine. At least they let me know!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

It does say on their website that if over 30days they must send back to the OEM, we'll see what happens and hopefully TM will do the right thing!

It does say on their website that if over 30days they must send back to the OEM, we'll see what happens and hopefully TM will do the right thing!

Go to Home Depot and pick up a can of some stuff called Bar Keepers friend. Get a hard bristled toothbrush and clean that slot out with the BKF after every round or two. That stuff works wonders for keeping rust off of stuff!

I've had my RBZ 3 wood for a couple of weeks now and have played two or three rounds in very wet weather - no signs of any rust at all. To be honest I don't clean my clubs after each round either, so I think you have been unlucky with that particular club to be honest.

Ive seen no rust on any of my RBZ clubs. I do get any turf out of the slot if I see any but I dont clean my clubs after each round though. Ive had them since the launch day.

One runs with mine and there is rust. This is problematic. I will be contacting tmag immediately. 400 bones for a club and this is the quality? Common man. I will keep you all posted on my outcome.

I agree with the people that said your shop isn't treating you very well. They should have called TM before you left and known what TM said they were going to do with the club. Rarely does TM require the club for inspection. Normally they will just replace it for any number of reasons. Probably because they make sooo many of these compared to what other OEMs are manufacturing that they wind up with some inconsistent batches and some strange problems (although most OEMs are pretty good about just replacing clubs with problems like this). With no lack of heads it is easier to just replace it.

For what it's worth, it's not even necessary to take it where you bought it. Any TM authorized dealer can help you with this and the larger the company the more likely they are to just replace it or offer you a credit towards something else. Someone mentioned their club pro shop and this is also a good idea because you already pay to be a member there, there is no reason for them not to go above and beyond unless they expect you not to come back to them.

This will only work if the rust is exterior. If the rust is under the paint, it will continue.

Go to Home Depot and pick up a can of some stuff called Bar Keepers friend. Get a hard bristled toothbrush and clean that slot out with the BKF after every round or two. That stuff works wonders for keeping rust off of stuff!

The store called me today and said TM would replace the club no questions asked which is great of them but i think i will change the club for something else. I've tried to get a definitive answer but is the R11 or R11s be a lot easier to hit off the deck than the RBZ? Possibly going to change it for an R11/s or the 910f.

The store called me today and said TM would replace the club no questions asked which is great of them but i think i will change the club for something else. I've tried to get a definitive answer but is the R11 or R11s be a lot easier to hit off the deck than the RBZ? Possibly going to change it for an R11/s or the 910f.

That's pretty sweet of TM. If I was you I would just go with the 910F or 910Fd depending on your game/strategy to match the rest of your set, IMO the RBZ is the easiest to hit of all of them, but the R11s is the most tunable of all the ones you mentioned.

They never had the 910f which annoyed me as it would have gone nice with the driver and hybrid i've got but i tested the Adams, Cobra AMP and the R11's and the R11's was hands down winner. It felt more solid and i liked the smaller head, it just flew so straight and long.

this is the second rbz I have had. I returned the first one a few weeks ago for rust. Two rounds into the second, rust... I am not going to be getting another one. I will get it replaced with a R11s. They must be scratching their heads at tmag right now...

this is the second rbz I have had. I returned the first one a few weeks ago for rust. Two rounds into the second, rust... I am not going to be getting another one. I will get it replaced with a R11s. They must be scratching their heads at tmag right now...

I don't get it. I'm sure you're not lying here but I play 80% of my rounds on Oceanside courses and don't have a lick of rust on my RBZ 3w or 3h...
Just strange is all. What do you think it could be?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

That happened with a buddy of mine, he ended up returning to the place he bought it and exchanged it. He was the only one that I seen that happen to besides yours. His happened with in the first month of owning it too. His replacement seems to be fine though.

I have no idea, this is strange from what the gr8 c/s told me. I clean and wipe, let air dry. It could have been a bad batch? Regardless, tmag took care of me. I did have a bad experience with the vendor though where they essentially tried to blame me. I want this club and I should have took pics. If it happens again, I will just get an r11s or something else. The first one rusted all in the grey paint only. Second one after a range session and a round rusted in the speed slot. I am glad this is somewhat uncommon. Tmag will take care of ya if it happens though. Althoughed I was miffed, their products work really well for me.

I'm going to break someone's finger if I find rust in my new baby.

Back