jtb226

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all. Just transitioning from a well loved Titleist 909D2 to the RBZ2. I have 2 rounds in with it and a few practice sessions and I'm noticing that I'm tending to hit it higher and more to the right. I'm usually a right-to-left shot shape.

The height of the ball is OK, as I'm picking up 12-15 yards on average, but I'm concerned the shaft is wrong for me and getting too far behind. Hitting the stock RocketFuel 50g stiff. Clubhead speed is 101-105 on average.

Can anyone provide any advice on potentially changing out the shaft (e.g. should I change it and what are some recommended replacements)? I'm new to the idea of changing out shafts, as I am just now getting to the point in my game where it makes a difference (@12 HCP).

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

have you tried to mess around with the fct settings change to a lower loft? maybe tuning to a 10* or even a 9.5* the only down fall to that it will possibly open the club face upon address. If that does not work i would head to your local shop and test out a few different shafts for your swing speed and what you would like to see with flight and flex and get that thing dialed in

Hi all. Just transitioning from a well loved Titleist 909D2 to the RBZ2. I have 2 rounds in with it and a few practice sessions and I'm noticing that I'm tending to hit it higher and more to the right. I'm usually a right-to-left shot shape.

The height of the ball is OK, as I'm picking up 12-15 yards on average, but I'm concerned the shaft is wrong for me and getting too far behind. Hitting the stock RocketFuel 50g stiff. Clubhead speed is 101-105 on average.

Can anyone provide any advice on potentially changing out the shaft (e.g. should I change it and what are some recommended replacements)? I'm new to the idea of changing out shafts, as I am just now getting to the point in my game where it makes a difference (@12 HCP).

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Higher shots are somewhat related to the lighter shaft (50g) and lower flex point of the stock RBZS2 shaft. I've got swing speed close to yours and personally find it too whippy for my transition. No advise on replacement, other than go in and try a bunch if you have a Golftown or Golfsmith nearby. You can save a little $ but finding what you like on EBay.

Back