re-gripping - grips slid right on today

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure, if the tip was given here. But, as suggested, I heated the grip prior to the install and it went on as easy as it can be. Wow, mission accomplished.

Heated a grip? Interesting - I have never had to do that. I would guess it would make it a bit more flexible, yet not sure it is needed. At least it worked for you and that is what is important.

Heated a grip? Interesting - I have never had to do that. I would guess it would make it a bit more flexible, yet not sure it is needed. At least it worked for you and that is what is important.
night and day difference. Curious if there's any after affect? Might it be too loose once it dries?

Interesting. Did they stick right away? Too loose after they are on?

night and day difference. Curious if there's any after affect? Might it be too loose once it dries?
I don't think it would hurt it or be loose. It should cool off and go back to normal as long as you did not cook it LOL

That feels like it could be disastrous quickly haha.

If they’re not going on smoothly, just hit it with more solution, especially the butt of the shaft. If I get sticky, that’s usually what the problem was.

Reactions: JB
seems like a nice tip, might need to be careful depending on which grip it is.

That feels like it could be disastrous quickly haha.

If they’re not going on smoothly, just hit it with more solution, especially the butt of the shaft. If I get sticky, that’s usually what the problem was.

I agree. If you use enough solvent the grips should slide right on. If they stick you haven't used enough solvent.

Never heard of this before, I would be concerned the heat could cause the grip to become misshapen. As mentioned more solvent and there really is a technique to getting the grip on. Get the collar on the club and with one swift movement use your body weight to push the grip on.

I would rather let the grips sit out in sun for a bit than put them in microwave.

Back