Re-Shafted Cleveland CBX wedges

Mikey Lawless

Reaction score
Handicap
Ha!
I have a pair of CBW wedges with steel regular flex shafts. My other irons have lightweight graphite senior flex shafts that move the inertia point much closer to the head. 70 grams compared to the 110 gram steel shafts on the CBX wedges.

I am considering putting similar shafts, like I have in the other irons in the CBX wedges. I have been finding lately, that I seem to have more control with my old 44° graphite shafted wedge than I do with the CBX's. Also, periodically, I have tendency to shank a semi-full shot with the CBXs, as compared to never with the old wedge. I have a 66 year old, not so flexible physique that I just have to live with. So there's pretty much no "learning new tricks". Easier to tune equipment to suit than the other way around. Just the way it is.

Changing shafts is an easy thing. The concern is whether or not the is any synthetic material inside the club head that might not take too kindly to heating. The literature pretty much says "hollow cavity." Anyone know for certain? Or am I p!ssing into the wind here? Thanks fer lookin'!

I don't think you will have a problem pulling a steel shaft out of those wedges. Heat it up, and pull it off.

Back