AndersonRains

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone watch this yet? They filmed the whole thing word for word based on recordings of the FBI interview. I thought it was a cool idea and had potential to be good, but just fell way short. Too much time getting to what was actually going on and not enough story development (due to the way they chose to tell the story).

I liked it for what it was.

not enough story development.

This is a massive problem amongst the streamers. I've had meetings with some of my top level exec friends at these houses (including Max) and the general sense is to continue to fast track content for the sake of having content. That being said, if we look at what is going on over at Disney +, that strategy may soon change. Times, in terms of good cinema, are pretty sad right now. The stuff that gets theatrical release is (usually) well put together, but it's time in the theaters is so short lived, and the marketing so little, that most people don't even know they're out there. It gets skipped over for the next marvel/dc advertisement picture.

The picture looks interesting, but based on your analysis, I'll probably skip it.

This is a massive problem amongst the streamers. I've had meetings with some of my top level exec friends at these houses (including Max) and the general sense is to continue to fast track content for the sake of having content. That being said, if we look at what is going on over at Disney +, that strategy may soon change. Times, in terms of good cinema, are pretty sad right now.

It's pretty amazing how bad so much of the new content is. I've had this conversation a few times before and to me it feels like they're not even trying anymore. Maybe it's because as you say they want quantity over quality but so much is just so shockingly bad you openly wonder what the point of making it even was. And that goes triple for the networks. You watch shows like Bob Hearts Abishola or that new Hot Wheels challenge show and you think "Good lord, if this is what got green lit, how bad was the stuff that didn't make the bar?". But then maybe everything makes the bar today.

Back