RealPretendPsychic's WITB

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The big stick is a :taylormade: R1 driver I got for Christmas from my wonderful wife 7ish years ago. Next up is a :callaway: Big Bertha 3W I stole from my Dad's bag over a decade ago that doubles as a weapon off the tee and from the fairway. My iron set is an :adams: Idea A7 3h/4h and 5i-PW that I found on eBay way back when. My wedges are a trio of Top Flite Tour 48/52/60 wedges that I got for a bargain from Dick's to complete the iron set. The putter is new to the bag this year. Replaced my trusty Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball CS with an :odyssey: Triple Track Ten S.

Everything fits nicely in my :ogio: bag full of :callaway: Supersoft balls. I have a new :clicgear: 3.5+ that I'm looking forward to putting in play shortly. My on-course tech consists of a Callaway IQ by Nikon rangefinder and the Grint.
IMG_8460.jpg

So as a follow up to my current WITB, I’ve got a few passive ponders going on. I’ll be getting all new gear in just over 500 days at The Grandaddy courtesy of Callaway and THP. I’m practicing in the garage on a SkyTrak once or twice a week and playing once per week, so I feel like I’m pretty in tune with everything in the bag.

Ponder level:
  • Driver - Medium - the R1 goes about 270 when I hit it well. I’ve clocked a couple drives at 300 with the wind. I’d like more distance (wouldn’t we all), but what would interest me most is forgiveness. Need more practice to see if I can corral this club.
  • 3W - Low - oldest club in the bag, but not enough use to merit a replacement.
  • Irons - Low - not currently pondering. I’m getting great distance (>215 with the 5i and 150 with PW). Need to improve launch and consistency with the hybrids.
  • Wedges - Medium - seriously considering an upgrade, but unlikely to pull the trigger without an overall improvement in my play.
  • Putter - Zero ponder.
  • Balls - I have a decent stock of Supersoft balls, but plan to run some tests on the SkyTrak considering a change.

Congrats, it's a great feeling when you have a bag that's working well for you and a low ponder level. Those Adams Idea irons were on my radar at one time, and if you're hitting them that far and are happy with the dispersion, I can see why your ponder level is low on them! I think you're looking in the right places for upgrades, a newer driver would probably offer you considerably more forgiveness and fresh wedges are always nice. Keep the ponder level low on that putter, the Ten is a great flatstick! (y)

Congrats on the equipment orgy upcoming. Hard to pull the trigger on anything with that wonderment looming, I'm sure. 🆒

What's a supersoft ball? Is that non-urethane? If so, definitely ball. (y)

Congrats on the equipment orgy upcoming. Hard to pull the trigger on anything with that wonderment looming, I'm sure. 🆒

What's a supersoft ball? Is that non-urethane? If so, definitely ball. (y)
Oh yea, the Grandaddy is always in the back of my mind. I’m not changing anything right now unless I expect an immediate impact. The Callaway Supersoft is a non-urethane ball. I told myself I’d start playing a more expensive ball once I stopped losing so many. 😆 Unfortunately, that day has yet to come!

Naw... you drop coin on a sim, you're all in. Gotta take it seriously and the ball is totally serious stuff. Gotta do it. It's important. :love:

Naw... you drop coin on a sim, you're all in. Gotta take it seriously and the ball is totally serious stuff. Gotta do it. It's important. :love:
Oh man it may be time to prioritize that ponder!

Getting down to single digit is all short game. Thats all ball related.

I have a friend that has Adams irons and loves them! Nice looking setup and nice that most of the clubs have a story/history behind them.

Most of my bag stories start off, "It was late at night and I was on ebay after a fun filled day of golfing and drinking"....

Update in the bag: no club change, but everything is now equipped with Arccos sensors, which I LOVE!!

Update to the bag itself: an old Lehigh University branded bag that made its way back to me from my parents place in NC.
F5D01FC8-0DCA-412A-84F9-688FD131AB05.jpeg

No in-bag photos, but my new-to-me Mavrik Max is in hand!
1601476411832.png

New wedges in the bag! And my new black lab(ish) cover fits the 3W so I can keep my Mavrik driver cover (orange 🔥) in the bag! :love:
DA0A4528-93A6-406F-AFBA-710668D5FDE7.jpeg

Love the new additions!
The headcover is awesome!

Love the new additions!
The headcover is awesome!
Getting swings with the wedges in the garage tonight and the headcover was an awesome surprise from my wife, I definitely didn’t expect it.

So, for a guy who didn't anticipate making any changes until late fall of 2021, you've made some significant changes.

Did you get fitted for the Mavrik Max? If not, how did you come about choosing that head and shaft? Did you get to play it much since you got it? If so, how do you like it compared to the R1 you played?

I'm betting you are going to love the Vokey SM8 wedges. Should be a huge improvement over the Top Flight wedges you had. Of course, I realize where you live it will be awhile before you'll be able to get used to them out on the course. I have a daughter and family not far from you in Mechanicsburg. What grind did you get?

Great looking bag! That headcover is awesome!

Love the Lehigh bag! My wife did her Master's degree there a few years ago. The Lehigh/Duke NCAA tournament game in 2012 will always be one of my favorite first-round games. Probably not as big of an upset as people thought at the time considering Lehigh clearly had the best player on the court.

Love the Lehigh bag! My wife did her Master's degree there a few years ago. The Lehigh/Duke NCAA tournament game in 2012 will always be one of my favorite first-round games. Probably not as big of an upset as people thought at the time considering Lehigh clearly had the best player on the court.
Oh man that was a weekend! CJ continues to do a great job representing the university. I love the look of the bag, but my goodness it lacks functionality! 😓

Big changes just in time for the season! Entering the bag is a Callaway Mavrik 3 wood with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70S shaft. And the bag itself - a new Ogio Woodē hybrid bag that I am absolutely obsessed with!!!
94EE601F-3550-42D4-B056-38E2D17EDD77.jpeg

Big changes just in time for the season! Entering the bag is a Callaway Mavrik 3 wood with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70S shaft. And the bag itself - a new Ogio Woodē hybrid bag that I am absolutely obsessed with!!!
View attachment 8997374

New club with that shaft is huge. What’s up with the ball retriever???

New club with that shaft is huge. What’s up with the ball retriever???
So far so good on the garage sim! Also, not sure what you’re talking about! Must be a trick of the light :LOL:

View attachment 8997374
Say some more about the bag. Why are you obsessed with it?

Say some more about the bag. Why are you obsessed with it?
I used to have an old Woodē bag that I really liked before moving to my last bag, which looked great but lacked functionality. The divider is awesome and there’s more than enough storage. I haven’t taken it out on the course yet, but it seems like it’ll be great carrying, on a cart, or a push cart.

I think it’s time for an update! New to the bag are the following:
  • Driver - Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS w/ Tensei AV White 65X
  • Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S/54S and JAWS Full Toe 58° w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus3 125 wedge shafts
  • Putter - Odyssey Eleven Triple Track with double bend stroke lab shaft
79119E42-1712-4478-93AE-DE5B31E2BB40.jpegBEA38140-D49B-4BC4-8EFB-846BF82BB34F.jpeg

Back